Rocky or astroid?

If you need help or want to talk about the game use this forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Please check our Knowledgebase for FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before posting a new question here.
grant

Rocky or astroid?

Postby grant » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 22:28

I am settling my first few bases and I am trying to figure out which would be the best in the longterm and short term. My hunch is that asteroids are better in the short term and rockies in the long term. I see good 1-2 position rockies in my sector but should I ignore them for the first few bases in favor of increased economy or should I focus on getting every good rocky planet I can find? Thanks.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Re: Rocky or astroid?

Postby SEWI » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 01:53

my experience:
asteroids go best if upgraded

rocky planets are a must if free

i do a mix of all 3 mostly....rocky moons/planets and asteroids.

usually i take all asteroids and when most zergz died pick up their abandoned rockies for later bases...:)

no matter wha strategy you play....you will want to have most of your bases very well spread and in calm regions...being that clusterwide or serverwide depends on your guilds strategy, anything less is a total loss 99% of times.

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 01:57

Second position Rocky planets. Fertility boost is huge. Energy loss is negligible as you don’t use solar/gas after you have antimatter (and now orbital) plants. Loads of more space. And obviously 3 metal. Your goal should not be to save on orbital defenses. You are only relevant if you’re offensive, defensive players are farms.

grant

Postby grant » Sat 31 Mar, 2018 03:43

I got a crystal asteroid and a rocky planet so far. I figure that I can just disband one of them later if I don't want it. Thanks for your helpful responses guys.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Sat 31 Mar, 2018 17:41

Whis wrote:Second position Rocky planets. Fertility boost is huge. Energy loss is negligible as you don’t use solar/gas after you have antimatter (and now orbital) plants. Loads of more space. And obviously 3 metal. Your goal should not be to save on orbital defenses. You are only relevant if you’re offensive, defensive players are farms.

it doesnt hurt at all to be offensive with the backup of well build 30/15 Pringed/Pshielded defended bases.....

o good football team is not only good in offensive......its is good across all aspects fo the game....

defense - organization - offense.....a good guild works just the same....

Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Sat 31 Mar, 2018 20:17

SEWI wrote:
Whis wrote:Second position Rocky planets. Fertility boost is huge. Energy loss is negligible as you don’t use solar/gas after you have antimatter (and now orbital) plants. Loads of more space. And obviously 3 metal. Your goal should not be to save on orbital defenses. You are only relevant if you’re offensive, defensive players are farms.

it doesnt hurt at all to be offensive with the backup of well build 30/15 Pringed/Pshielded defended bases.....

o good football team is not only good in offensive......its is good across all aspects fo the game....

Wasted time and credits on tech and building that should be spent more on fleet.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 19:56

If you design a game with the option to research armour 40....there WILL be people wanting to explore that....like it or not...

But second position rocky planets it is indeed....

At least for free players....a must.

Gothmog
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Gothmog » Thu 05 Apr, 2018 22:31

actually Sewi, for simmers like asae, then rocky is not the best, but hey, I tried to help you guys out in game once in your guild and got booted for it, so I wait for you to figure out your mistakes yourselfs, been a few years and still you fail to see them....

Original Alpha Mordor GM.
Back out of my retirement cave to see how the kids play now.
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Sat 07 Apr, 2018 16:25

Uze any excuse you want to uze...

There is an ASAE on alpha....but no mordor....

Facts....

Excuses like retirment or whaever are YOUR mistakes....not mine.

Even the boss himself agreed above that rockies in second position are best to sim fleet.... :biglaugh: ....so fight it out with him....not with me.

Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby Uncle Ben » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 06:04

You.......................................sure........................................................do........................................................love...........................................................................full........................................................................stops.........................................................................................................Don't....................................................................................you.........................................................SEWI......................................................?

I've personally accomplished the spaying of TWO mods who tried to mess with my TT. ANY MORE CANDIDATES!?
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 18:21

Uncle Ben wrote:You.......................................sure........................................................do........................................................love...........................................................................full........................................................................stops.........................................................................................................Don't....................................................................................you.........................................................SEWI......................................................?

like everything in life...one must know how to uze....and not abuze...

except with the zzzzzzs maybe.... :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

kessedy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: .
USSV

Postby kessedy » Sun 08 Apr, 2018 18:41

SEWI wrote:

you would be the last person i would ever even consider of getting guild leading tips from :D

iGoD wrote:Who do you think you are? You roam the forum and post without thinking like you own the place.

Oniiiii-chan!
Gothmog
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Gothmog » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 00:07

SEWI wrote:Uze any excuse you want to uze...

There is an ASAE on alpha....but no mordor....

Facts....

Excuses like retirment or whaever are YOUR mistakes....not mine.

Even the boss himself agreed above that rockies in second position are best to sim fleet.... :biglaugh: ....so fight it out with him....not with me.

Yeah but the guy above is then wrong as well.
I know, I am the king of simmers.

Original Alpha Mordor GM.
Back out of my retirement cave to see how the kids play now.
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 20:50

kessedy wrote:
SEWI wrote:

you would be the last person i would ever even consider of getting guild leading tips from :D

Yep....me to :)....thatz why we created ASAE afterall.... :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Return to “Help Center”