Multi Accounting Rules

If you need help or want to talk about the game use this forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Please check our Knowledgebase for FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before posting a new question here.
HarryHat

Multi Accounting Rules

Postby HarryHat » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 21:22

I am justifiably confused about what is and what is not multi accounting at this stage of the game. If I have more than one account on a shared IP I don't need permission to have that account it seems but Admins seem to give no limits on how many accounts I can have on my shared IP. Can my children, my wife, my cousins, my aunts and uncles, next door neighbors that come and hang out with us all have accounts shared on my IP? I might sign them all up if I can and all it takes is an upgrade. I just dont want to run afoul of the rules and there really seems to be a HUGE Gaping grey area right now. So please clarify so I don't overstep.
Thanks.

Themis
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Multi Accounting Rules

Postby Themis » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 23:17

YOU can only have one account on each server. If you, and they, are upgraded, your wife, children and the family cat (if computer literate) may also have an account each on the same server as you. HOWEVER, they must play their own accounts (which might be tricky for the cat).
Should you decide to implement this strategy you can expect some fairly hard questioning from the admins (of whom we mods form no part, btw) to prove the existence of such entities. This is not foolproof and has resulted in bans of real people, non-bans of imaginary people and a lot of paperwork in between.
Most people would be better devoting their time to managing one account properly than wasting it in argy bargy with the game admins, whose word is final - well founded or not.
But they might tell you something different. They won't do it on the forum, however, so you'd have to ask directly.

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!
HarryHat

Postby HarryHat » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 23:38

Ok so you are a mod and are telling me what you know but the Admins might tell me something different but only if i write to them in private? Believe me I'm not taking issue with you here but how does whats left of the player base know how to play by the rules if we have to find out one at a time? Hardly seems fair and may be what's contributing to the general demise of the game. Just an observation.

HarryHat

Postby HarryHat » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 23:38

And by theway Themis thanks for your insights.

Wizard
Game & Development Director
Game & Development Director

Postby Wizard » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 00:34

Having more than one game account in the same game server is against the game rules and once detected by a game operator is a direct ban.

What is allowed and is a very different thing, is different persons each with one account share the same IP address, but each person should only access his account and never share game accounts or have more than one account. Sharing IP address are limited to upgraded accounts and have some restrictions on the interaction between accounts (you can see them in the game FAQ).

Wizard
Astro Empires Administration
Themis
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Themis » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 00:55

in case your cat's computer skills are limited, to be specific:
The use of shared IP are limited to upgraded accounts and additional shared IP rules applies to interactions between accounts using the same IP. A shared IP consists of the same IP address being used by more than one user on the same game server. Astro Empires reserves the right to refuse permission for the use of shared IPs.

Shared IP rules

Game account must be upgraded (the first 7 days trial period doesn't count).

It is forbidden to attack, occupy bases or take debris from players with the same IP.

It is forbidden to make joint attacks on bases with accounts with the same IP (one or more accounts attacking and another occupying the base or collecting the debris).

It is forbidden to transfer occupied bases to other players with the same IP.

Also a little bit in the main rules saying reserve the right to refuse permission.
Which is all a very polite way of suggesting it's not worth doing without a very good reason.

And since the great one has spoken (Wiz, not me, obvs), there's not much more to be said, so /locking this now.

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!

Return to “Help Center”