Economy and Base Building

If you need help or want to talk about the game use this forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Please check our Knowledgebase for FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before posting a new question here.
nanookoftehnorth

Economy and Base Building

Postby nanookoftehnorth » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 20:10

I am getting back into AE, and I've been wondering the same thing for a while now.

According to multiple guides, Rockies and Asteroids are top of the line for base building. However, both seem to mention not going for Crystal Mines at all.

The question at it's core is, if your production is higher than your econ, how does one support an empire?
I've found some good crystallines and rockies, and I need to make a choice soon, but both of them neglect to say, why is it better in the long run to go for production instead of econ? To me, it doesn't make much sense, as one wouldn't have the income to keep up production.

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: T: GR / R: RIP / K2: BMF
Galaxy: Omega

Re: Economy and Base Building

Postby Gamer798 » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 20:55

Version 1.5 of Astro Empires:

You optimize your trade routes.
You build Economic Centers.
High spaceports (allows also every 5 levels new Trade Route).
Occupations

Version 2.0 of Astro Empires:

Every three or four planets you take a crystalline planet for an eco-boost by building the Crystal Mines. Due to the Fleet maintenance, it is necessary to have much more economy early on if you want to keep your account running. Compared to 1.5. Of course, the mentioned options in 1.5 are still viable but would require extra eco to grow steadily as possible with the Crystalline Planets.

Rocky Planets Position 2 are regarded as the most efficient choice in the game until now.
Your production cap is meant to outrun your economy eventually sooner or later This can be good or a bad reason.
I mean if your production is bigger than your economy early on means that your balance is off and you build too many production buildings rather than economy buildings. Optimize tr's, build EC's, spaceports, .... to balance it out a little. Of course the more production cap the better, but you need to keep in mind to keep your eco up enough to support your production is practically impossible without putting a halt on development of buildings, research and so on. The better you have a hand on the balance on your account the more you can minimize the negative effects of this. It requires some time and trying to find your own personal way to make it efficient as possible really.

Gamer798 // Danzo Shimura // Death Parade
Everywhere and nowhere
nanookoftehnorth

Postby nanookoftehnorth » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 21:37

Thanks for the information.
V2 Is what I was referring to.

One question then.
Is position 1 or position 2 crystalline better?

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: T: GR / R: RIP / K2: BMF
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Gamer798 » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 21:47

The crystallins Planet Position is debatable, to be honest. Some say 1, some say 2.
For me, position 2. Cause you sacrifice 1 energy for 1 fertility. Which means per Urban or orbital base you gain +1 population.
That really counts in the long run. That 1+ energy can be compensated in more than one way much easier. You could of course, later on, compensate that fertility with biosphere modification. The tech requirements are very high for it. The server is likely to be nearly over (likely is over by then). So you already went through most of the growing pains by than.

So Position 2 is the way to go for Rocky, For Crystalline. And in general, on anything, you settle on if you have no choice for Rockies/Crystallines in 2.5.

Gamer798 // Danzo Shimura // Death Parade
Everywhere and nowhere
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:03

You keep your production going by using your fleet to make a profit.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 06:17

[B.S. Edited]

Actually the real goal is to build a lot of fleet..get on either Jord's, Balor's or Danzo's team and sui one of them.
All 3 of those guys expect it anyways.

Return to “Help Center”