Introducing Eddie statistic service

If you need help about the game use this forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Please check our Knowledgebase for FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before posting a new question here.
Flinx
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: 13th for Life
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Introducing Eddie statistic service

Postby Flinx » Mon 03 Aug, 2009 20:08

torax wrote:Looking at the Eddie site is in no way cheating. Installing the script may be against the rules. According to Wikipedia, cheating consists of breaking the rules (so, you are right here) to gain an unfair advantage above others (this part is not fulfilled).

About the rules (we become way off topic here, and this has been discussed in length in the feedback / corner): first off, when i signed the rules, they were very different [1]:
J. It is prohibited to load any sites of Astro Empires with any other programs than web browsers. Such other programs are in particular so called "Bots" as well as other tools that simulate, replace or supplement the web interface. The same applies to scripts and completely or partially automated programs that provide advantages towards other users and auto-refresh-functions and other browser integrated mechanisms.

[1] http://web.archive.org/web/200612161038 ... terms.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AE decided to change them, but never informed the players that agreed to abide to them that they changed. I 'm not a lawyer, but this sound 'strange' to say the least.

I can only say again that i hope that AE does provide some statistic data into the public. Other games have shown that this benefits the game itself.

enjoy. torax

Very First thing on the ToU:
  • We have the right to change the terms and conditions of this site at any time.

Nagel wrote:Because of this thread I have come to some conclusions.

3) Flinx is awesome and not a douche ingame. Which means we should swap him for Rat
Master Wookie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: [◣_◢]
[^.^]

Postby Master Wookie » Tue 04 Aug, 2009 05:33

Currently if I use a levi and I have to repair .50 of it, and then I make another attack and have to repair .90 of it, it shows up as me losing 1.4 levis on the battlepaste summaries. If this could be rectified so it only counts me losing a levi if a levi is actually lost I'd be most appreciative :) I like keeping track of my attacks, but it skews with the numbers since this is happening.

eddie

Postby eddie » Tue 04 Aug, 2009 20:28

i will leave the discussion about the ToU and the implications on that 1. rule to those that have a better knowledge about such matters.

Alucard : that is interesting. Sorry that i did not respond to your PM, but the eddie account is not allowed to send PMs right now (not nough posts i guess, i will go and do some spamming in the appropriate boards ;)...)

Master Wookie: all the script does is parsing the battles from the ticker. What ever numbers go in there will be stored in the database. Once i can send PMs i will send you the reports i have of you.

Eddie

see aggregated battle data: http://faboo.org/eddie Eddie on Google plus
Quasar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Quasar » Sat 08 Aug, 2009 22:55

The admins are (I hope) concerned with issues more important than the (il?)legality of a harmless stat script.

That said, can this thread be stickied / moved to guides / something so that the link doesn't get buried under mounds of irrelevant threads?

I wrote this and this. I played for Enigma, WL, LOVE, SOT, 1st, [=L=] and other guilds.
anidem

Postby anidem » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 23:42

Congratulations, you have provided the perfect tool for players to single out players who are short on fleet.

I can't *beep* believe this is even on the forums.

Just keep laughing. I have a 20 mil HC stack that will be up your arse like a Borg nanoprobe. Just as soon as I can find a Wormhole to get it back from the Delta quadrant........
Jimmy777J
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [◣_◢]
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Jimmy777J » Sat 14 Nov, 2009 07:29

anidem wrote:Congratulations, you have provided the perfect tool for players to single out players who are short on fleet.

I can't *beep* believe this is even on the forums.
Someone doesn't know how the stat service works. It will only record your fleet number IF you are in the top 1000, in which people can already see how big your fleet is if they wanted to look up your name. This just makes it more convenient to find. It in no way gives an advantage.

Pires wrote:His fleet is lost and can be produced again; but respect and attitude will stay forever.
Nicely done, Jimmy.
windowshop

Postby windowshop » Wed 18 Nov, 2009 05:45

that is just super kool man

eddie

Postby eddie » Tue 01 Dec, 2009 16:34

RL keeps me from doing much work on Eddie right now. But blogs seem fashionable right now, so i have one

http://ae-eddie.blogspot.com/

too :)

I will post planed changes and other related stuff there. Any comments are welcomed. Hopefully RL will calm down soon so i can implement some of the ideas i have..

enjoy

see aggregated battle data: http://faboo.org/eddie Eddie on Google plus
Firefox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Firefox » Sat 05 Dec, 2009 14:54

Flinx, ToU changes also needs to be 1) resonable and 2) disseminated to those involved before it can be legally implemented. After all, if it was only "right to change", I can simply set "From now on, all AE accounts are chargable at 1M USD a month. No warnings of charges will be provided." "POOF!!" you're now in debt.

It's fraud if I did that isn't it?

Besides, eddie's really harmless, anyone with pencil and paper can do what it does, it just does it faster.

MissionRow8541
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby MissionRow8541 » Mon 07 Dec, 2009 03:22

Firefox wrote:Flinx, ToU changes also needs to be 1) resonable and 2) disseminated to those involved before it can be legally implemented. After all, if it was only "right to change", I can simply set "From now on, all AE accounts are chargable at 1M USD a month. No warnings of charges will be provided." "POOF!!" you're now in debt.

It's fraud if I did that isn't it?

Besides, eddie's really harmless, anyone with pencil and paper can do what it does, it just does it faster.
But anyone can do anything a script can do witha pencil and paper or simple stone-age tools.

You need to attack at 3am in the morning? Instead of an autolauncher, you could use an alarm clock and wake up and do it. Therefore autolaunchers should be allowed.

You could use pencil and paper to write down enemy coordinates. That's why scout scripts should be legal too.

So where do you draw the line? If AE is a NO SCRIPTS game, then you should ban ALL scripts. Good or bad, they should all be banned if THAT IS THE RULE. I don't think such a subject should be allowed to be discussed on a forum like this unless the rules are changed. I'm not against Eddie, don't get me wrong. I love his service. But if this is allowed, I believe scout scripts should be legal too and so should autorefreshers and everything else in between.

torax
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: B:[Fail]
Galaxy: Beta

Postby torax » Mon 07 Dec, 2009 08:07

I don't want this discussion to turn in yet another useless thread about scripts. Don't get me wrong, we need such discussion (s) and we need a useful !! rule about scripts.

The current no scripts rule might look fine but is in no way enforceable. Scripts as the Eddie ticker reporter that only look at data in the page but do not request data on their own from AE Servers should be allowed, as there is no way to detected them anyway. On the the other side, any script that request/reload/.. whatever that requests data or starts actions on their own should be disallowed and punished.

In one of the guilds i was in recently there was a very open discussion, even announcements about how to use auto launcher and attacker scripts. These really harm the game, they are detectable and should be punished.

May i ask the mods to split the script discussion into a new thread? Thanks

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Check your player statistics
MissionRow8541
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby MissionRow8541 » Thu 10 Dec, 2009 00:41

torax wrote:I don't want this discussion to turn in yet another useless thread about scripts. Don't get me wrong, we need such discussion (s) and we need a useful !! rule about scripts.

The current no scripts rule might look fine but is in no way enforceable. Scripts as the Eddie ticker reporter that only look at data in the page but do not request data on their own from AE Servers should be allowed, as there is no way to detected them anyway. On the the other side, any script that request/reload/.. whatever that requests data or starts actions on their own should be disallowed and punished.

In one of the guilds i was in recently there was a very open discussion, even announcements about how to use auto launcher and attacker scripts. These really harm the game, they are detectable and should be punished.

May i ask the mods to split the script discussion into a new thread? Thanks
SO AeExtras sounds fine with your description because all it does is process data already being viewed into a more viewable form. Built in attack calculators etc. Essentially thats what most scripts do anyway. The auto scout stuff is fishy though. But of course neither script is allowable, so I don't see why Eddie's should be.

slock

Postby slock » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 21:35

:bleh:

Noodleface
Banned
Banned

Postby Noodleface » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 17:35

Is it possible for eddie to extrapolate unknown values?

Say that I am in the top 1000 for level, econ and tech, but recently got zf'ed. The maths is all there, but would it be too cpu intensive?

So level^4 - econ*1000 - tech = fleet
and level^4 - econ*1000 - fleet = tech

Penguin Guru
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Penguin Guru » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 18:49

Sorry guys, I don't like the idea of this tool. I appreciate its value and do believe that it is legal but I think that it reveals/consolidates too much data which people should have to gather themselves. I don't particularly care, I just wanted to post my thoughts on it. I have no intention of using your database, it's too efficient and makes the game less fun.

Return to “Help Center”