Moderator:User ratio

If you want to make a request, give your feedback or report a bug related to the forum or portal, this is the right section.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Parasitoid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Moderator:User ratio

Postby Parasitoid » Tue 23 May, 2017 14:35

So it's like 5:1 users to moderators here? Is that necessary? They don't seem to do a very good job and they interpret rules in a very concrete way. Concrete interpretation is usually seen in adolescents and very immature adults. So I'm not sure the moderators are adding any value to this board, they're actually taking away from it. I suppose unemployable people need to feel empowered somehow.

Urbosa

Re: Moderator:User ratio

Postby Urbosa » Tue 23 May, 2017 15:01

They are doing a great job and keeping the forums clean of stuff like this, lmao.
I've never seen any of them "abusing power".
I'm guessing you got a warning or something.

Whis
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Postby Whis » Wed 24 May, 2017 21:21

5:1? Unless there are moderators I don't know about that number is not even close.

Anywho, if you have a problem with a moderator there is a process in which to bring that up. The first step in which is to directly PM the moderator you have an issue with.

Chesterton
P&W Moderators
P&W Moderators

Postby Chesterton » Thu 25 May, 2017 03:49

The process Whis refers to is spelled out in more detail in the forum rules, here:

12.3 – If you do not understand or feel you have been warned / suspended unfairly message the moderator who issued the warning. Do so respectfully though, insults will not be tolerated.
12.4 – After messaging the moderator if still feel you have been warned / suspended incorrectly you may take your case to an administrator. To do so please contact the administration through our Support Center (select the Forum Department).

There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

Forum rules
NocturnalOmega

Postby NocturnalOmega » Thu 25 May, 2017 15:45

I think maybe he is referring to the recent activity of the Mods in recent weeks.
Whilst I have only been playing since Iridium I check into the forums on a daily basis to get a feel of what is happening within the game/community. And can honestly say I have seen more threads being locked recently than at any other time.
Whilst yes forum rules should be followed I think a little le-way should be given as there are many frustrating things that happen within the game and the players need a place where they can vent and express their views openly and honestly & whilst it may not make any difference to the direction n action the in game dev's take it does help to get things off our chests so to speak.
I mean who knows maybe one day the owner/creator may pop in, read some of the posts n decide to take some kind of action after all in the end without the support of the players of any type of game it will in the end surely become a shadow of its former self, ppl will stop playing until there is no game and honestly do any of us want that ??

On that note Im off to check on my bases n how long till all the construction is done n then Im gonna enjoy a nice hot eve n have a bbq...

Take care n Peace 2 all 8-)

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Thu 25 May, 2017 17:09

If anything the problem is the mods were slacking off for several weeks, people started to think they could post whatever they wanted without consequences. It went way beyond "a little leeway".

Return to “Forum/Portal”