Command Centers Tweak

This is where the best suggestions are moved to, so discussion can carry on with moderation and be more easily read by the volunteers and development team.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Opening new topics in this forum is not possible, you may only reply to existing topics.

Only users with 50 or more posts can reply to topics.

This forum is moderated, so any posts will have to be approved by a moderator before being published.
Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RED]/[FTW]/[CFF]

Re: Command Centers Tweak

Postby Carnage 101 » Sat 04 Jun, 2011 18:02

/signed on original and /unsigned on Naftals idea.

The very idea that a structure such as CC can be sacrificed for a commander makes it unfair for newbies/low level players.

CC are primarily a defensive structure that offers a high amount of offensive power to remove occing fleet and has contributed to occs being released. Now imagine a lvl 20 cc being destroyed to protect a lvl 15 log commander. This would cause a lvl 5 CC with the possibility that the commander would be dead by the next pillage not to mention lowered contruct capacity which will not be able to replace cc in time. The occ. will never be released. The benefits of a commander though a lot does not not become sufficient enough to warrant destroying the only structure that can possibly free a base, because lets face it PR and PS are relatively useless

Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice.
Super Grover
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Super Grover » Tue 09 Aug, 2011 12:03

anything that will keep my precious commanders safer is a bonus.. I would rather see commander deaths are completely disabled, but I suppose this is a nice midway..

also

Khamul Nazgul wrote:We don't need High players get mega CCs on all bases just because it lessons the chance of them losing commanders, so they can sit back and sim there huge fleets with there huge prod caps.

I have one of the highest prod caps in the game.. and I don't have a huge simfleet.. you see, simfleets are what happens if you sim a lot, don't have a lot of exp, and therefore don't have high level commanders.. your logic is flawwed.

I was a dam builder, across the river deep and wide. Where steel and water did collide. I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below. They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound, but I am still around.
Halo
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Secret

Postby Halo » Wed 17 Aug, 2011 14:49

Why would we want hitting bases even less appealing ?

Hammurabi wrote:I swear, if I could make a rule against 13th declaring on people, I would. It creates far too much forum drama.:
Hellion
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Hellion » Thu 18 Aug, 2011 05:38

Halo wrote:Why would we want hitting bases even less appealing ?

Mostly because hitting a base is not where the money is at and any decent player would tell you the same.

CHERUB
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [».:.«] § H A D Ø W §
Galaxy: Beta

Postby CHERUB » Thu 18 Aug, 2011 05:38

You kill bases for the sole purpose of killing commanders? :eh:

» The Shadow is vast .:. it eclipses your Sun «

Stare not into the abyss, for the abyss stares also into you.
Carolus Rex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A : TTS
A : X.ORG
A : SHLD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Carolus Rex » Fri 19 Aug, 2011 22:08

Halo is speaking from an alpha perspective. Due to 24h+ heads up on war decs and such its more rare that you get enough fleets to feed your whole guild which makes base hitting necessary if you want full growth.

On topic: I like this idea you get more chance of keeping your commanders but sacrifice valueable area to do it.

13th PotMArrows wrote:Remember your place on Alpha Ancient Emperor.

[CLS] Oden wrote:You, you personally, are why this game is dieing.
Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Nagel » Sat 20 Aug, 2011 21:03

This.

Like it or not hitting bases is a valid combat tactic, the more you nullify its effectiveness the worse the game will be for it.

I use the EXP to level commanders and take the risk they will get shot, that is what makes it so good. Risk/Reward

SHLD GM

Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
kris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kris » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 23:48

Hellion wrote:

Mostly because hitting a base is not where the money is at and any decent player would tell you the same.

Actually theres a lot of money that can be made from hitting bases if you hit enough of them. It helps keep the queues full in between bigger attacks.

CHERUB
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [».:.«] § H A D Ø W §

Postby CHERUB » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 06:54

And my original post still stands: you people make base hits solely for the incredibly rare side affect of killing a commander?

This won't make bases in and of themselves harder to take, it gives OCD people a way to protect their precious XP by using massive amounts of energy and space. Active people won't use this feature all that much I wouldn't think (well, I would, but only because I already have 20 CCs on all my bases), because most of them keep enough XP to re-train a lvl 14 commander. I know I do.

» The Shadow is vast .:. it eclipses your Sun «

Stare not into the abyss, for the abyss stares also into you.
Hellion
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Hellion » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 21:47

kris wrote:
Hellion wrote:

Actually theres a lot of money that can be made from hitting bases if you hit enough of them. It helps keep the queues full in between bigger attacks.

Its not where the money is as in the ratio is terrible in comparison. Generally a decent hit unless its a massive pillage is like a 30% profit fleet sitting over base or econ vs defenses. Where as its easy to crash a JG with 100% profit (as in 1 fleet lost 2 derbs picked up).

kris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kris » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 11:21

CHERUB wrote:And my original post still stands: you people make base hits solely for the incredibly rare side affect of killing a commander?

This won't make bases in and of themselves harder to take, it gives OCD people a way to protect their precious XP by using massive amounts of energy and space. Active people won't use this feature all that much I wouldn't think (well, I would, but only because I already have 20 CCs on all my bases), because most of them keep enough XP to re-train a lvl 14 commander. I know I do.

Um, no, I make base hits for profit in between bigger hits and to mess up the enemies econ for a little while, commanders have nothing to do with it and are just a side affect

Ron Burgandy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ceti:ASG
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Ron Burgandy » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 00:38

CHERUB wrote:And my original post still stands: you people make base hits solely for the incredibly rare side affect of killing a commander?

I attack bases all the time. The only time I even realize a commander is there is if my calc is way off.
My point is this structure is not a very good way to protect commanders because if you are active, your commanders should never be killed anyway. It's easy to remove them as base commander and move them to another base and bring them back when it's safe.
All this does is give turtles even more turtling capability.

...lol plus why should i tell you?? your the one who wants to jump in and bite the lion on the nuts
I may not be active, but I am watching ... Always watching :twisted:
kris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kris » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 17:10

Hellion wrote:Its not where the money is as in the ratio is terrible in comparison. Generally a decent hit unless its a massive pillage is like a 30% profit fleet sitting over base or econ vs defenses. Where as its easy to crash a JG with 100% profit (as in 1 fleet lost 2 derbs picked up).

3 dreads, 20 rings and 10 shields makes around 70k losses and 74k debris, so the debris covers losses. 6 trades will be 25-30k. a 250 econ base gives 33k pillage.

Thats near enough doubling your money there on min pillage but alot of the time people will have some unspent credits which will bump that up even more and after hitting a number of bases you are bound to come across a really big pillage and you can go on to hit all of that guys bases.

Also thats just a 250 econ base, the pillage will go up on a higher econ base.

Oh and the other thing is often it wont just be the three dreads, people might have some restocking carriers there so your profits would go up even more.

Base hits actually make around the same as a typical gate crash, maybe slightly more or maybe slighly less depending on the base, they just require a lot more activity. With a gate crash you can make a hit, sit back recycle and your set for weeks or even months, base hits require a lot more work.

Jimmy777J
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [◣_◢]

Postby Jimmy777J » Wed 14 Sep, 2011 08:33

Leader in Beta has 30 CC's and I believe he is nearing completion on his 31st.

Regardless I like this idea, gives a little more worth for the huge investment. Only a few bases in any empire really stack CC's, and the ones that do usually hold a plethora of commanders. For example my main gate that has 27 CC's, holds my level 17 Tactical commander, a level 16 production commander, and a level 16 Logistics commander. It is one of 2 gates I have that stack CC's. Considering the XP I have put into them, and the credits I have put into my CC's I would think this benefit would more than make up for the investments I have made as well as help protect them. This is the only part of the game where you can just randomly lose millions worth of XP in a single pillage, because normally when one commander is killed the others are killed as well. Overall this makes killing the big and great commanders harder...which imo is a good idea when your talking about millions of XP and millions worth of credits invested in such.

/signed

Pires wrote:His fleet is lost and can be produced again; but respect and attitude will stay forever.
Nicely done, Jimmy.

MaxDrake
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: ...
Juno
Nova
Omega
Galaxy: Omega

Postby MaxDrake » Mon 03 Oct, 2011 01:07

I can think of 3 things off the top of my head that Command Centers could do, to promote them being in the game at all.

1) Decreases the Training Times for Commanders Based there.
2) Enhances the ability for ALL guildmember's fleets there.
3) Allows for a specific amount of Fleet to ever be controlable at that base.*
*Paired with a new Fleet Type Called a Command Vessel to allow Tactical, Defense Commanders to travel with fleet.

#4) Being a new security blanket for Commanders based there.

The 2 Reasons now are not exactly bad either, the ability to Command 1 Occupation per Command Center, and the ability for a .5% addition to fleet offensive capablities.

I personally think the whole game needs a small in-game tweak or two or thirty five. The interface is sweet for sure, but the content is really rather bland after 4 years of play. I like it though, don't get me wrong :)

Return to “FR Workshop”