Guild Maps

This is where the best suggestions are moved to, so discussion can carry on with moderation and be more easily read by the volunteers and development team.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Opening new topics in this forum is not possible, you may only reply to existing topics.

Only users with 50 or more posts can reply to topics.

This forum is moderated, so any posts will have to be approved by a moderator before being published.
Event Horizon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [╰▲╯] Ævikings
Galaxy: Fenix

Re: Guild Maps

Postby Event Horizon » Fri 19 Oct, 2012 06:25

It's gratifying to see that this got such a positive response. I can only hope there is at least a faint hope that it will get implemented.

As for the spying issue I think that would actually be a tertiary benefit to this feature. Having more information to steal or even sabotage only adds more to the player driven aspect of the game.

Erls
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Only the best
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Erls » Tue 08 Jan, 2013 06:25

My thoughts on this idea:

General comments

I really like the concept of it. It could really be useful to both guilds and players are far as operational planning and general information. It is not necessarily overpowered: It doesn't give benefits to some and deny those same benefits to others.

Some possibly additions/changes

# of galaxies.

I propose that there not be a 'hard cap' to the number of galaxies that a guild can have. Instead, I think a sliding scale would be more effective. I am thinking of something like the following:

100 guild bases in a galaxy = guild map with 10 bookmarks.
For every 50 bases past that point 1 additional bookmark is added.

Further, each guild is allowed to have 3 "selection" galaxies. The GM can change what these galaxies are at will. Selection galaxies will be limited to no more than 10 bookmarks.

Examples

Guild [AE1] is a guild on Server Test that fully controls its cluster. It has 110 members, and between 200 and 400 bases per galaxy within the 4X cluster. Thus, [AE1] would have 13 galaxy maps available to it. 10 of those would be the 4X cluster, with between 14 and 18 bookmarks available per galaxy. The other 3 galaxies could rotate, allowing for [AE1] to use those maps when planning cluster invasions, allowing them to highlight key locations in the enemy galaxies.

Guild [AE2] is another guild on Server Test, however this guild is much different. It has 35 members, and is constantly being farmed by [AE1] as the reside in the same cluster. [AE2] is located in T42 and T43, with a couple members in T41 and T44. Thus, [AE2] would have guild maps for T42 and T43 due to base count, allowing them to highlight important information about their own guild and their opponent. [AE2] would also have 3 additional "selection" maps, allowing them to do the same for T41 and T44 as well as one additional galaxy if they choose.

Conclusion

In my opinion, the sliding scale of features works better. It gives every guild something, while giving guilds more bookmarks based upon presence in a galaxy.

The reason the bookmarks are so few is because the concept would be to highlight the most important information. IE, guilds could have key JGs for themself and enemy guilds bookmarked as well as a couple necessary perma occs or locations to keep an eye on.

LOVE/1st/SoT/DREAM/~HH~/KING Stream Killer

That's just bollocks and you know it. One-on-one you guys have proven time and again no one GUILD can compete against you. How is that gonna change when your recipe doesn't change.
Event Horizon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [╰▲╯] Ævikings
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Event Horizon » Wed 20 Nov, 2013 10:49

It's very gratifying to see that most of this proposal has been followed with the new map for version 1.5

In combination with the ability to see lists of player's bases and being able to view what astros are in a region after you have viewed it much of what has been requested in this FR has been implemented.

The last piece of the puzzle is to make it possible for players in a guild to share or collate their information on a single map. I hope this can be achieved in a future update either by creating a map on the guild page that updates regularly according to members' scouting, or by updating the each individual player's map.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:45

I would personally like to see an expansion to guilds, including guild bases, guild technology, etc. All that's a bit outside the scope of this thread, however. The reason I bring it up is because one of those guild technologies could be "Stellar Cartography" or something similar. It would allows players to see regions recently scouted by guild mates (within <level> days, for example) on their own map.

Though, on that note, I'd also like the existing mapping to be a little less automatic. I.e. instead of gaining access to the region's info the moment your scout lands, require ~10 seconds or so for it to scan the region and upload the data, and maybe only do this on player action. Some guy blew up my vette a while ago, but it had already landed and given me access to the region, so it was too late. This seems wrong to me.

Return to “FR Workshop”