Re: Ability for higher level player to help boost technology levels of lower level players to make them competitive on server while in turn gaining higher income temporarily.
Conditions that have to be met for this to be achieved
Lower Level Player
1) Lower level player has to be above level 30
2) He must already have gained minimum of 5 levels of tachyon with 4 bases linked and one tachy. free
3) He must be below 65% of higher level players technology level and 55% below higher player level. Going above any of these levels will prevent any further research link capability.
4) During link lower level player will be able to use higher levels research capacity to conduct research.
- a. Research cannot be qued
b. Each research once started can only be cancelled by lower level player at a 20% penalty to technology cost
c. Research will be initiated when both parties agree to the research, which will be similar to trade request but will highlight research requested and time taken along with economy gain per hour to higher level player without revealing who either party is.
d. Lower level players research commander influences only.
e. Research will be paid by lower level player.
f. Lower level player will suffer a 30% penalty to overall econ. which will be gained by the higher level player during the period of research per hour. Also lower level players will suffer same penalties to production and construction as if being occupied with recovery times to return to normal taking the same time as well on all bases. Penalties to economy if occupied can stack with research penalties however penalties to production and construction will not stack.
g. After research link will be terminated until a new request is made.
h. A new request can be made immediately after if needed. Economic penalty will be considered maximum to a 30% reduction from original economy. No guarantee that same capacity or research level (i.e. same higher level player) will be present for new request. So one research cap. may be at 6000 while another at 4000.
i. Both players do not have to be within the same guild as they will both remain anonymous.
j. This is an Upgrade special feature to both players.
k. Research once started can only be completed or cancelled regardless of whether lower level player produces new fleet that takes his level above the 45% cutoff of higher level player.
l. Individual players bases will not show the decrease in economy only overall empire economy will be lowered. This also serves to leave other players clueless as to who is receiving help when individual bases are viewed.
- a. During link he gets a 30% boost to econ. equivalent to lower level player penalty to economy.
b. If research takes over 100 hrs, higher level player will realize a 0.5% boost to extra income based on lower level players economy every 100 hrs that passes and lower level player will also experience a equivalent penalty to economy to a maximum of 45% of lower level players income.
c. To make said link, higher level player needs a minimum of Tachyon level 14 with 13 bases linked and one link open. Minimum research capacity required for establishing a link is 3900 capacity. This ensures that the research is not purposefully dragged on longer than necessary
d. Higher level player will not suffer any additional penalties except not being able to research until link has been severed.
7) Name of persons or accounts being linked to will never be revealed. This is to prevent being zero fleeted by higher level player to help increase technology research ability of lower level player and other potential abuse methods. This also helps both players participate in ops and guild wars etc without knowing who is being helped.
8) Link is limited to 1 link every 14 Tachyon levels. In future should game mechanics allow for higher levels of technology to be achieved perhaps more than 1 link may be entertained. As of right now this is a limiting factor for having more than one link.
Purpose: This is to help newbies and lower tech guild members on server realize a quicker mode of gaining technology and becoming competitive especially in an old server. Higher level player have an additional source of income to help feed their prods, construction or future research etc which at their level would be high on average. Though it is not necessary for a higher level player to be zero fleeted the additional boost in econ. apart from being incentive can help him (recover faster post war) in any number of ways while the lower players has the advantage of being now competitive especially on an old server. However the higher level player will be disadvantaged by not being able to que technology which can take weeks to months to finish end game and can give a chance for the lower level players to at least close the gap a little to become more competitive on server.
This has very little potential for abuse as the requirement of 55% player level difference and 65% difference in technology cost compared to the person helping will ensure that the competitiveness is still maintained while not overpowering lower level players or higher level players.
Below is a table showing how this idea will work. The caps are high level players should have minimum 3900 research capacity minimum, 14 Tachyon researched with 13 linked and one free. Low level player should be 55% lower than high level players level or Technology should be 65% of high level players technology (further research stops at whichever is attained first either level or tech. cap).