Solving the Population Density Problem with Space Stations

This is where the best suggestions are moved to, so discussion can carry on with moderation and be more easily read by the volunteers and development team.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Opening new topics in this forum is not possible, you may only reply to existing topics.

Only users with 50 or more posts can reply to topics.

This forum is moderated, so any posts will have to be approved by a moderator before being published.
liam777
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: MDK
Galaxy: Ixion

Re: Solving the Population Density Problem with Space Statio

Postby liam777 » Sat 19 Oct, 2013 13:23

the problem i see with dispanding satelites is if you get down to 1% stability, then why would you ever not dispand it? when you dispand it your preventing your enemy from getting derbs and your also getting a discount on your next base assuming that would apply.
Last edited by Achilles on Tue 29 Oct, 2013 04:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: getting rid of unimportant stuff

redphienix
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby redphienix » Sat 19 Oct, 2013 13:37

Disbanding before it has been converted to a pile makes sense, losing that ability when it's a pile (losing %) only makes sense.

Long time lurker.
Dr Rush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A~[{V}]

Postby Dr Rush » Sat 19 Oct, 2013 20:21

Droideka wrote:Do you mean edit my original post to display the most recent version of the idea?
Yes, it's one of FR's conventions that you should update the OP with the recent version of the idea so that it doesn't get lost in the spam.

Yes, I'm a *beep* get over it.
Retired: TM for ICO on A, Deputy GM of PRIV on K, OCM for SHANK on L, GM of PRIV on M
Help New players! Contribute to this thread.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 14:38

Liam has a point. Since these no longer take a base slot, it's not a question of "do I build on a 3 metal rocky or a 0 metal station", but rather, "do I build a 0 metal station, or a 0 metal station?" i.e. it's not a crippling handicap at all. These are basically just bonus production (+ a little econ), giving them a slight disadvantage over a proper base makes sense.

redphienix
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby redphienix » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 16:01

Wlerin wrote:Liam has a point. Since these no longer take a base slot, it's not a question of "do I build on a 3 metal rocky or a 0 metal station", but rather, "do I build a 0 metal station, or a 0 metal station?" i.e. it's not a crippling handicap at all. These are basically just bonus production (+ a little econ), giving them a slight disadvantage over a proper base makes sense.
The separation honestly just makes me wonder why make em a feature though.

Add a second set of bases because?

When it was a replacement to bases it made sense to me, aside from the 'perma eyes anywhere' thing and the various forms of stats it went through.

As separate I'm now lost on why add it so I'll just walk out with that question. It comes closer to being something that adds to free accounts, but with no limit to upgraded it is just another thing for upgraded accounts to hold over free so? (I'm not exactly expecting it to be hard to explain, just saying I lost myself in the reason)

Long time lurker.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 21 Oct, 2013 01:44

redphienix wrote:The separation honestly just makes me wonder why make em a feature though.
I believe the original idea was to increase the number of bases/base analogues running (well, sitting) about.

The One
Silver Member
Silver Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby The One » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 11:29

Just putting my 2 cents in:

#1 If these space stations do not count a base, and do not increase in cost like a normal base would, yet can not be destroyed AT ALL EVER, they would be way to OP.

#2 If these do not count as a base, and do not increase in cost a normal base would, yet CAN be destroyed after a period of time (like 34 days) then I see these as being great additions to the game. What would these cost though?

Also, would these space stations provide scanners for upgraded players? We still have a lot more details to work out, but hey! it's an addition at the very least to the game, and at this point that can't hurt.

Return to “FR Workshop”