Admirals

This is where the best suggestions are moved to, so discussion can carry on with moderation and be more easily read by the volunteers and development team.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Opening new topics in this forum is not possible, you may only reply to existing topics.

Only users with 50 or more posts can reply to topics.

This forum is moderated, so any posts will have to be approved by a moderator before being published.
crusaderknight
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: NeM on Delta
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Admirals

Postby crusaderknight » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 04:10

I enjoyed the thread. Well thought out with examples and such. All FRs should have to follow criteria such as this...well it is suggested they do at least.

On the idea, yes because the whole Admiral thing feels it could help the game's versatility in a "good" way. I'm also up for a new structure, (i.e. FH).

Good post Rib..

Thanks,
Crusader
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 22:01

Ron Burgandy wrote:Just a suggestion, instead of introducing a new structure why not make a requirement of say 25 CCs?

Again just a suggestion to avoid introducing a new structure

For one thing, people always talk about wanting new things to play with - new structures, units, techs, etc. This covers that in a reasonable, meaningful way. But for another thing, what's wrong with a new structure? Your CCs idea would be a break from the way this game operates, and doesn't even work with this idea; the cap on the Admiral is the same as the current level of the FH; how would a flat requirement of CCs address that factor? What about the reduced commander kill chance? You're now adding in bonus elements to structures that reach a certain level, which doesn't follow what this game does.

The_Desert_Fox wrote:just read it. will have to re read it.

but one thing i thought of to suggest:

change "public view of players Tactics via an extra tab in the profile", to only visible on players Headquarters. meaning, someone has to be in view of your Headquarters to find that info out.

you can not see a list of players Commanders lvls, yet you can visit all their bases and compile a list of a commanders lvls. same for most of a players metrics.

if you want to know what Tactics the Admiral Bonuses are invested in, you have to scout the player's Headquarters.

this will have an effect of stimulateing players to better protect their Headquarters.
to quote you
gives people more incentive to find and occupy headquarters.

I have nothing against it per se, but one of the reasons I did it this way is because that was an objection I faced with my Retrofits idea - that it became harder to plan hits, because you didn't know what the enemy fleet was capable of.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RED]/[FTW]/[CFF]

Postby Carnage 101 » Fri 04 May, 2012 05:58

Why does your idea involve changing attribute points to cost 50,000 credits only per point. The amount is quiet little infact quiet comparable to repairing levis. If a person were getting ready to attack someone he would first attack for a nice profit with the appropriate attributes and would then change his attributes to something more defensive to prevent snipes. He could also change attributes according to incoming fleet on a whim to give him the advantage while collecting.

This is too much sudden change to factor in the last minute especially when dealing with grey area fleets like ft's and Cr's or Cr's and dreds or frigs and BS or vettes and heavy cruisers.

I would rather see people forced to use 1,000,000 xp points to reset all their attributes and change stats which will not make it easy once set, and changes implemented only after every 24 hrs of last change. The idea was to give everyone the ability to cusomize their fleet but in its current form its too much sudden change to anticipate last minute especially in a browser game.

Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice.
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Fri 04 May, 2012 17:52

Part of the reason why the cost is so low is precisely so that people can be flexible if they want to. Using 1m experience is frankly absurd, as it makes it virtually impossible for any reasonable player to change their tactics around. At soft cap, it would cost half a million credits to change all of your tactics; if the benefit of changing them - and then changing them back - is worth that much, then why not let someone do it? What real reason do you have to not want people to make these sort of changes to account for the present situation?

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Carnage 101 » Sat 05 May, 2012 08:40

Like I said the changes take place too fast. I understand you want to make the tactics more real time, but how do you propose we anticipate last min. changes. Even name changes take a week to be allowed to change after changing it once, and they have nothing to do with the actual attack itself other than identifying a fleet. Your tactic involves sudden attack to defense changes which I would like to see less of.

Take for example you have now identified a frigate fleet that has just made a hit and is collecting derbs and have run the necessary calculation and determined that his attack power is at 29 while your shielding is at 22 for BS. This is perfect for a profitable hit and shield raping the target. Target has a level 10 Admiral and 10 points spread through attributes necessary to kill previous target. He comes online and finds me moving towards him from neighboring astro and so has unbanked some credits and decides to put 500,000 worth of credits into Linked Targeting Data ( Increases bleed through damage dealt against fleet by 2%, but reduces bleedthrough damage dealt against defenses by 5%). So now hes stacked 10 points which is 20% increase in bleed through just before I attack. I of-course cannot know that he has changed attributes last minute because I’m busy moving in to get ready to attack on a different screen. I land and what was supposed to be profitable suddenly has become anything but with him even initiating the attack.

You cannot let a browser game change fleet attributes so fast because anticipating it is almost impossible when done right. I am saying put a delay in the time taken to change attributes from one to another. If a person changes it once then at least lock those attributes in for 3 - 6 hrs so we can anticipate the change before he subsequently changes it again.

Delm Korval
Guild: M:[EAA4]
Galaxy: Mira

Postby Delm Korval » Sun 06 May, 2012 19:43

Bad example, frigates don't do bleedthrough damage against battleships, they do regular damage reduced by shielding

Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Carnage 101 » Tue 08 May, 2012 00:44

Delm Korval wrote:Bad example, frigates don't do bleedthrough damage against battleships, they do regular damage reduced by shielding

You sure..... ?

All units give a bleed through of 1% (you are saying it doesn't)

Taking what I said for the following with same armor level

frigate 49 ? 29 30 0
Battleship 1 ? 361.20 352.000 22.00
------------------------------------------------------------
If what you say is true

Rollover = 29 – 22 = 7
Frigates 49 *7 = 343 < BS armor 352.00 (BS should survive).

Yet as above 49 frigs kill 1 BS which can occur only if 1% bleed through is present
- 0.01 x 29 = 0.29 x 49 = 14.21 + 343
- = 357.21 > 352 armor and BS is dead.

Your statement is false
-----------------------------------------------------------------
- According to OP (Increases bleed through damage dealt against fleet by 2%, but reduces bleed-through damage dealt against defenses by 5%)
- 2 x 10 points = 20% + existing 1% = 21% against fleet
- 0.21 x 29 = 6.09 x 49 = 298.41 + 343 = 641.41

- Which means approximately twice the amount of BS can be killed.

Evil Wabbit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: 9th
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Evil Wabbit » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 03:58

Carnage 101 wrote:frigate 49 ? 29 30 0

How the heck you managed to get a frigate to have a flat power of 29, I'll never know. The player would have to have a missile tech of 28.3333333....

~EW

Oden wrote:EW, I <3 you!
Gozer wrote:Special thanks to ... that Wabbit guy.. lol
Amon Amarath wrote:Damn Wabbit always where you don't need him. :grumpy:
ragnarök wrote:dat evil wabbit guy is a spy i mean look at his name it matches with that evil rags fellow in shld O_O
Pylinaer
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [Anime]

Postby Pylinaer » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 04:44

Commanders and CCs

Zoran wrote:
Achilles wrote:whats a cheezburger?

Isn't that the yellow thing you get under your Avatar if you've been bad? :paranoid:
Evil Wabbit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: 9th

Postby Evil Wabbit » Fri 03 Aug, 2012 14:57

Pylinaer wrote:Commanders and CCs

A 5% gain (either a Tactical 5 or 1 CC) at missiles 26 supports that. However, the original post needs to be fixed I believe as it does not do actual justice to the FR.

~EW

Oden wrote:EW, I <3 you!
Gozer wrote:Special thanks to ... that Wabbit guy.. lol
Amon Amarath wrote:Damn Wabbit always where you don't need him. :grumpy:
ragnarök wrote:dat evil wabbit guy is a spy i mean look at his name it matches with that evil rags fellow in shld O_O

Return to “FR Workshop”