Wormhole Abuse

This is where the best suggestions are moved to, so discussion can carry on with moderation and be more easily read by the volunteers and development team.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
Opening new topics in this forum is not possible, you may only reply to existing topics.

Only users with 50 or more posts can reply to topics.

This forum is moderated, so any posts will have to be approved by a moderator before being published.
Evil Wabbit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: 9th
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Wormhole Abuse

Postby Evil Wabbit » Sun 11 Dec, 2011 07:07

Ugborg wrote:Fascinating, you could actually force a wormhole to spawn in the same system, every time. It would be difficult and require people working together, taking non-optimal bases, but it could be done.

In the same galaxy, yes. In an entire galaxy set, most likely no. But then you'd have to have people willing to take a beating on their account to do that.

~EW

Oden wrote:EW, I <3 you!
Gozer wrote:Special thanks to ... that Wabbit guy.. lol
Amon Amarath wrote:Damn Wabbit always where you don't need him. :grumpy:
ragnarök wrote:dat evil wabbit guy is a spy i mean look at his name it matches with that evil rags fellow in shld O_O
Carolus Rex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A : TTS
A : X.ORG

Postby Carolus Rex » Sun 11 Dec, 2011 17:15

Evil Wabbit wrote:
Ugborg wrote:Fascinating, you could actually force a wormhole to spawn in the same system, every time. It would be difficult and require people working together, taking non-optimal bases, but it could be done.

In the same galaxy, yes. In an entire galaxy set, most likely no. But then you'd have to have people willing to take a beating on their account to do that.

Not really. Multis would have done wonders. Lots and lots of multis that is.

Simcity
bungle

Postby bungle » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 00:37

- Give wormholes a random time duration but include a 24 hour shut down/new location timer. this will make wormholes less predictable, but with the added shutdown timer, still give people time to head back to their own cluster. any fleets still travelling during a move will land at the wormholes previous location.

-Double the recall time through the wormhole. this will allow players to use new tactics and recall trap blobs/set traps of their own.

sandalphon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Whatever Guild I am.

Postby sandalphon » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 21:26

Just some ideas.

1. This cost would not be in "damage" as it was before. Why? Abusable. If I send 10 ships, I lose one, but if I send 5+5, I lose none, I just have to repair them.
2. When you move the fleet from one wormhole to the other, you have to pay for it in credits. If you do not have the credits for it, you cannot move. I believe a 5% of total fleet cost would be reasonable.

These first two could avoid ninja jumps and quick sniping operations for big guilds.

3. Make the wormhole a level 1 jump gate. Or make it a "level 0" jump gate, just so you can send stellar units out of that galaxy.

This last one would allow any player to send the stellar units out of that galaxy.

4. Add an extra requirement for jump gates: level 1 orbital shipyard + level 1 orbital base.

The person that would build on the base would require more than the technology, having to spend more time building on the base instead of settling base + jump gate rush.

--------------------------

Or just remove wormholes. I was always against them anyway...

Gray wrote:Getting Sandy to build fleet is harder than getting Panda's to reproduce in captivity. :)
SpeedySurfer
Banned
Banned
Guild: M: SEXY
N: TIME
Galaxy: Nova

Postby SpeedySurfer » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 01:28

sandalphon wrote:2. When you move the fleet from one wormhole to the other, you have to pay for it in credits. If you do not have the credits for it, you cannot move. I believe a 5% of total fleet cost would be reasonable.

So with a 100m fleet, i'd have to pay 5m? No thanks, i'll just avoid wormholes, as would everyone else...

M: SEXY | N: TIME
CHERUB
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [».:.«] § H A D Ø W §
Galaxy: Beta

Postby CHERUB » Wed 14 Mar, 2012 01:50

I had a 244 mil fleet in beta before I used it in a blob crash. You want me to pay 12.2 million credits? No way in hell.

» The Shadow is vast .:. it eclipses your Sun «

Stare not into the abyss, for the abyss stares also into you.
Ron Burgandy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ceti:ASG
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Ron Burgandy » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 02:17

This entire thread is a joke, for years people complained about WHs causing damage. Now you are complaining because they don't cause damage.

The system is fine as is and actually encourages activity so leave it be.

...lol plus why should i tell you?? your the one who wants to jump in and bite the lion on the nuts
I may not be active, but I am watching ... Always watching :twisted:
Red Raven
Guild: [Wintr][VS]
Galaxy: Drako

Postby Red Raven » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 01:06

would this also mean taking out all available scanners out of the region to? cause that would also make since. only those with bases in the region would see. or those coming to the wormhole itself.

Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]

Postby Philosopher Cody » Mon 08 Oct, 2012 01:04

After reading a few of the posts in here, I have a simple solution.
1. Wormholes do not come up on Planets, Moons, or Asteroids. Instead they show up as their own thing. Similar to how we have Gas Giants and Asteroids Belts. The wormhole would just be its own image and own thing. Since it is not an astro no one can build on it.
2. Detection times, scanners, etc... do not work for fleets moving through wormholes. A fleet moving through a wormhole is immune to detection times. Also the wormhole icon in the system page does not shown dots for fleet(s).

This solves the problems mentioned in many of the posts contained in this thread.

Return to “FR Workshop”