Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: A:[Anime]
J2:[**»¤¤]
L2:[KING]
Galaxy: Alpha

What is the current state of Juno?

Postby SICON » Wed 05 Sep, 2012 20:10

I just restarted on Juno. I moved over from Helion so that I could finally play solo instead of being caught up in a guild. I was curious about the current political climate of Juno. Helion, the server I come from, has been effectively conquered by the persisting alliance of the top two guilds. The supremacy of their alliance is such that it could not possibly be challenged even if guilds ranked 3-30 were to all join forces against them. Consequently, activity on Helion is at an all-time low, as newer players and veterans alike leave the server in search of a more balanced server to play on.

Is the current state of affairs on Juno similar to the state of affairs described above, with the superpowers of the server being allied and turning all oppositions into perma-farms, or is there still effective resistance to the rulership of [1st] Protoss? Some insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Always outnumbered AND outgunned. Never outsmarted.
Archimedes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: What is the current state of Juno?

Postby Archimedes » Wed 05 Sep, 2012 20:19

Others will chime in (maybe!), but if P&W activity is any guide... the situation that you describe is the case for virtually every server within 6 months after it starts.

"And what is good, Phaedrus, And what is not good -- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

Co-moderator for Ixion, Juno, and Kappa. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules, and contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SICON » Wed 05 Sep, 2012 20:32

Archimedes wrote:Others will chime in (maybe!), but if P&W activity is any guide... the situation that you describe is the case for virtually every server within 6 months after it starts.
I'm well aware that usually a couple superpower guilds will form in the first few months, but I was of the impression that a permanent alliance between the top two guilds was unusual, and that they would usually continue to war against one another.

Plundering your trades intermittently (my wife hates this game and has made me quit multiple times) since 2009!
Hokan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Hokan » Wed 05 Sep, 2012 21:47

Basically all the top guilds are in some way Nap'ed.
and non of them will un-nap for god knows why.

SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SICON » Wed 05 Sep, 2012 22:46

Hokan wrote:Basically all the top guilds are in some way Nap'ed.
Because it's conducive to simming, that's why. It also helps to maintain overall guild rank. If the top rated guilds start pulverizing one another's fleets in battle, it causes their guild level to drop due to fleet getting destroyed, thus allowing guilds not involved in the conflict to move up in rank, or worse, take advantage of them in their weakened states to finish them off entirely. There's also a lot of multi-server relationships between the members of the top guilds. That's my theory of why they don't shoot at each other, anyway. I could be wrong. Please correct me if I am.

Hokan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Hokan » Thu 06 Sep, 2012 17:10

Tsedeqiah wrote:
Hokan wrote:Basically all the top guilds are in some way Nap'ed.
Because it's conducive to simming, that's why. It also helps to maintain overall guild rank. If the top rated guilds start pulverizing one another's fleets in battle, it causes their guild level to drop due to fleet getting destroyed, thus allowing guilds not involved in the conflict to move up in rank, or worse, take advantage of them in their weakened states to finish them off entirely. There's also a lot of multi-server relationships between the members of the top guilds. That's my theory of why they don't shoot at each other, anyway. I could be wrong. Please correct me if I am.
well after the first failed attempt to bring down 1st, Flow wont attempt it again, even when numerous top 10 guilds would of helped they said no.

Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal

Postby Purge » Sun 09 Sep, 2012 00:33

H LOVE/RD shares a good bit of heritage with 1st on Juno and SOT on K. Though the domination of H is pretty much unparalleled anywhere else, with maybe Ceti coming in a not too distant second.

@ Archimedes - H, in fact, had a very active year long war that started probably a year into the server. But after a Armageddon style start, it turned into a year long ninja fest between the top guilds (well OK it was LOVE doing all the ninja work and dread + allies dying). With high profits and not too many survivors....Which resulted in the current state of total domination by a very small number of players. Point being though, you CAN have an active server well after the first six months.

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
SICON
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SICON » Mon 10 Sep, 2012 22:38

Purge wrote:H LOVE/RD shares a good bit of heritage with 1st on Juno and SOT on K. Though the domination of H is pretty much unparalleled anywhere else, with maybe Ceti coming in a not too distant second.
Great! So glad that Helion and Juno are the two servers I chose to play on! I greatly look forward to be perma-farmed by you as soon as I hit 30...

Return to “Juno”