Punching Nazis in the face

Use this forum to discuss subjects other than Astro Empires.

Moderator: Sobek

Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Re: Punching Nazis in the face

Postby Uncle Ben » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 04:39

...And here comes the commie hate again. They got you guys good during the cold war, didn't they Canaris? "There is never enough" is a capitalist mantra, not a communist one. Sure, corrupted communists have been guilty of it too in the past, and power strongly tends to corrupt, which is the main problem any communist faces. Most of todays communists are modern marxists. They want an equal division of resources among the people, to oversimplify things a little bit. Modern marxists also do not support any stasi's. They want a society that is fair, or at least a lot more fair on a hell of a lot more people, and sustainable. Tell me again how that's just as bad as the violence gloryfying fascist ideology of the nazis. I admit punching nazis in the face is kinda against the democratic process, and currently I do prever winning hearts and minds for modern marxism over a violent revolution to overthrow capitalism, but I do have a rather large issue with unjustified authority such as laws that permit nazis to recruit more nazis with their sophisticated psychological games that they play on the vulnerable, under the premis of free speech.

Richelieu
Global Moderator

Postby Richelieu » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 07:11

Logans Run wrote:
Uncle Ben wrote: Denying the holocaust is punishable by law in much of Europe,...

Seriously? That seems a lil far reaching. Like the thought police.
I know in Australia you are fined for not voting. Im not sure if thats just say..a general election or all things but, that seems messed up too.

Usually its the Arab nation ppl who like to deny the holocaust. ..just let em be i say. You cant fix stupid.

Have a read on the Wiki, re holocaust denial.

David Irving was jailed for three years for holocaust denial.

"Carry on any enterprise as if all future success depended on it."

That being said, read the forum rules !!!
Logans Run
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [QSS]
Quantum Solo Sanity

Postby Logans Run » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:14

Richelieu wrote:Have a read on the Wiki, re holocaust denial.

Thats insane. Whats next, imprisoning trolls? :silenced: :paranoid:

And Ben..you support communism over capitalism? Think history shows which works better. Not perfect, just better.

All systems have a major problem thou. A system for the rich, and one for the poor. Simply, the rich and powerful never see bubba in jail when they commit crimes.
Its enough to drive ppl from thier parents house to Antifa i suppose.
I have a new look on all this: idgaf anymore.

Make your money, dont pay attention to news anymore. Since i started my newest job, i may watch 3-5 mins of news max per day. Or non at all. And am a lot more happy these days.
...ignorance is bliss.

Stuck in a Quantum reality
Richelieu
Global Moderator

Postby Richelieu » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 15:57

Logans Run wrote:
Richelieu wrote:Have a read on the Wiki, re holocaust denial.

Thats insane. Whats next, imprisoning trolls? :silenced: :paranoid:

That day is already here

Some examples for you:
> One;
> Two;
> Three.

"Carry on any enterprise as if all future success depended on it."

That being said, read the forum rules !!!
Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby Uncle Ben » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 17:25

Logans Run wrote:And Ben..you support communism over capitalism? Think history shows which works better. Not perfect, just better.

The days of capitalism are numbered friend. It worked well as long as there were more gouvernments to overthrow, more stuff to steal in other countries, more foreign labour to exploit. But now the capitalist relegation race, is letting the 1% prey on the population of their own countries, ever more. During the fifties the man of the house went to work, and he could easily support his wife and three kids, drive a car, and go on holiday twice a year. And he'd still have some left over. Today, working conditions are way worse, pay is way lower if you consider inflation, and life gets ever more expensive. All this while the 1% saw their capital grow by 7% in 2016. Does your bank still offer you seven percent? Do you not see where this is heading? If todays capitalist system is allowed to continue to exist, 60% of the world population will be bankrupt in 40 years time. Do you honestly believe that's not a serious problem? And don't tell me the 1% fairy tales about "trickle down economics" or any nonsense like that, their cups never spill over, they just get bigger cups.

Also please note how I don't really like the word communism, as I do not favour a revolution to install a marxist gouvernment, I do no support the introduction of stasi's, and I do believe some capitalist elements can probably remain. I prefer to call myself a modern marxist instead of a communist. Also, as a side note, many "communist" regimes of the past weren't truly communist like Marx intended, and their often more poor living conditions were all too often in great part due to boycots from capitalist nations.

TL;DR: It's often good to look at history, but in this case ... You should like, dude, you know ... get with the times 'n stuff.

edit: Here's another idea: This "beautiful, well working capitalism" of yours has already caused a tiny fraction of the world population, namely 1%, to own half the globe. They can hardly begin to imagine just how big their own wealth is. Still, they want more. The imbalance continues to grow. The only person I've ever known to give away billions of his "hard earned" (yeah right) money to charity is Bill Gates. So sure there are exceptions, but the rule is that even though they're virtually drowning in cash, they still want more. 1% That owns half the globe ... It's drastic, and I'm not seriously suggesting it to be tried, but if we'd kill them all and take their riches 99% of the world population could own double of what they do today. ^^

Logans Run
Silver Member
Silver Member
Quantum Solo Sanity

Postby Logans Run » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 18:29

Well again my lunch is almost over. Might have a small comment in 5-6hrs. But not much as i seriously take the idgaf rule these days.
Seems i agree with most of what you said.

Edit: but since boss is giving us extra time..(he's so cool to work for)
I think there IS a trickle down effect but..it may not be as good as the the 80s era. Things are getting done more with less ppl.
After work edit:
To stick with the topic, i really dont see a difference between so-called Nazi white supremacist and Antifa. Both want to shut you up. Only difference is, one group isnt that violent anymore (kkk) and the other is. (Antifa)

But ben..i dont know what a stasi is. But imo, capitalism is great if its fair to all.
Politicians..bankers need to go to jail when they commit a crime. For example, Hillary should be in jail.
The last resession ; not enough bankers went to jail. Imo, Allen Greenspan is partially to blame for the resession. Along with Bush jr. (Long story there)
Bah, i wont start that long debate. But stupid ppl buying homes they knew they couldnt afford (yet banks let them anyways)..well too bad. You were dumb.
America has a huge problem. And its corruption.
Also too much regulation. Not saying all is bad ofc.
I know im being very vague in my explinations. Sorry..its the end of the day and im nekid in the tub. :shifty: (poor mans jacuzzi)

Communisim..or stasi, if its anything like the old USSR simply doesnt work. A doctor getting paid the same as a trash truck driver? ..why would someone want to be a doctor then?
People are individuals, not a collective.

Frederic Chopin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Frederic Chopin » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 02:57

Logans Run wrote:A doctor getting paid the same as a trash truck driver? ..why would someone want to be a doctor then?
People are individuals, not a collective.

What

Logans Run
Silver Member
Silver Member
Quantum Solo Sanity

Postby Logans Run » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 03:42

Chopin, i know i didnt explain myself too well but thats because i wrongly assumed everyone here lived thru the 70s-80s at least.
So i rushed it. Im now assuming your just another uninformed millennial.

Im now resorting back to my new idgaf rule..and gonna go get a pizza.

Frederic Chopin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Frederic Chopin » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 05:58

Well, I was rightly assuming that you had no idea what you were saying.

blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby blahblah » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 12:56

Under the Soviet system everyone got paid the same .
Not sure the truth of that but in the early 80s it was
Part of the mantra of the west of why commys would fail . Then it happened .

Sooooooo yes if you lived through that time along with duck and Cover .the morning after .
Bit like say you don't have to exspain 9/11 today.

giving AE the bird since 2009
Logans Run
Silver Member
Silver Member
Quantum Solo Sanity

Postby Logans Run » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 13:03

Frederic Chopin wrote:Well, I was rightly assuming that you had no idea what you were saying.

Well..maybe a lil. But dont blame me. I was a kid being fed 'some' propaganda. But there is some truth in it.

Hell, why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square? Was fashion the reason why they were there?

They disguise it..hypnotized it. Television made you buy it.

:whisle:

Frederic Chopin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Frederic Chopin » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 15:09

No, you weren't being fed propaganda you're just a few screws loose. People don't solely choose profession based on pay, they also choose based on desires and interests. Asking why someone would want to be a doctor if they got paid the same as a trash truck driver is some grade A autism that's only caused by vaccinations.

Logans Run
Silver Member
Silver Member
Quantum Solo Sanity

Postby Logans Run » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 18:29

Still taking the troll route eh choppy? Well..its a lil too easy to cut you down and your boring me with it anyways. Dont see contributing much to the convo around here..

And i dont feel like telling you about how screwed up the USSR use to be. Maybe they stopped teaching you that stuff when you graduated a few years ago..idk.

blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby blahblah » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 12:50

Sad how quick people have forgotten the cold war
I now know how an older generation felt when we
Forgot stuff like the depression and WW2 .

giving AE the bird since 2009
Witch-King of Agmar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: SPQR
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Witch-King of Agmar » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 20:05

Uncle Ben wrote:The hell are you talking about witch-king. Nazism is a fascist and violent ideology. What do you think those people are gonna do once they find they have enough members? Hold hands and sing songs about how nice it is to be white? Nazi's turned millions into soap and lampshades during ww2. I ain't got no time for that kinda stuff. Denying the holocaust is punishable by law in much of Europe, but I think the law should go even further. All nazi's should be either de-programmed or locked up. And, in case of a lack of alternatives, I have no problem with them getting beaten or hurt in any other way. The ideal way to deal with nonsense like this is to educate people better ... But that's a long way off since you Muricanski's hate to spend a singlle cent if it comes to bettering the lives of the population, and not just your own. Well, I've said it before: The thing the average hick understands best is a kick in the nuts. Just educate them that way already, then.

What kind of fantasy land are you living in where you are surrounded by people sympathetic or vulnerable to becoming sympathetic to Nazis and Fascism? This is what I'm talking about, you convince yourself that you can't be wrong because mass support for fascism really would be a bad thing(I agree) but its not something present in the current timeline.

Being a Nazi is one of the worst possible things you can be labeled as by someone else in our society. There is no group of people more universally reviled in our recent history if not entire history. You're telling me Richard Spencer and his maybe 10000 supporters in a country of 300 million who for the most part do know that Nazis=Bad is an actual threat to anyone let alone humanity? You know what these troglodytes were doing before you morons started bringing literal violence to rallies? They were writing edgy and provocative articles and holding Nazi LARPing conventions where Spencer would put on his best Hitler impression and try to pretend he is rebuilding the third Reich from the gymnasium his group of intellectual drop outs could barely afford to rent.

As for the rest of your post, you're a sick communist *beep* stain and *beep* you. I'll take this yellow and wear it proudly if I have to, you're absolutely *beep* in the head. "De-programmed or locked up"? Who made you the arbiter of what people are allowed to think? If you put Richard Spencer and yourself in a room with me and tell me to kill the greater evil between the two of you, I would be killing you. What you're suggesting is morally wrong and goes against the very principles I'm sure you'd be preaching that you stand for no doubt. Its reprehensible. Sick. *beep* in the head. I think Richard Spencer is an absolute mongoloid for thinking what he does but my God does he have the right to think it. Until they actually start using violence there is no justification for using it against them, and when it comes to them using violence on Antifa who has actively and continues to instigate the violence; they deserve each other and by all means the Communist larpers and Nazi larpers are welcome to erase each other from existence for the benefit of all.

You're a barbarian and you belong in the wilderness if you actually think society should be operating under violence and intimidation. In fact you're only just a few specific hates away from being a Nazi with how you think political justice and education should be dispensed. What a fascist thing to believe in actually, kicking people in the nuts or elsewhere to make them stop thinking the bad things.

Nazis are not and never will be in power in the US anytime soon if ever at all. We would have to be living in a very very different world for that to even be a remote possibility. The alt-right/nazis are not a large group, they are not organized, they are not taken seriously and they are not a threat. They are loud, obnoxious, provocative and offensive. Kind of like an annoying kid in high school.

You want to educate people that Nazis are bad? Make fun of them, make them the butt of ever joke and insult. That is how you alienate an idea from the rest of society. When you use violence to do it, you simply encourage it through defiance as humans are naturally stubborn and don't like being told what they aren't allowed to think or say.

As for people supporting Communism, I'm by no means some pro-Capitalist preacher but Communism is a tried tested and failed experiment that can never work, stop dreaming about it. You need to take human nature out of the equation for Communism to function making it wholly idealistic and entirely impossible to achieve with human beings in their current state. It is the bloodiest ideology in history, way way way bloodier than Nazis and don't give me that 10th Grade "oh but Mao and Stalin were't REAL communism" because that's so intellectually dishonest and ignorant. My eyes *beep* bleed everytime I read some bedroom Lenin trying to sell it on this point. If your ideology has to potential to *beep* up as badly as Mao, Stalin and countless others did(and to do so so consistently) then your ideology is TRASH.

If you want purges, everyone to be poor and an inevitable oppressive authoritarian regime then sign up for Communism because if we actually take the time to learn from history we'd see that is essentially how it worked out in every Communist country worth noting. Any ideology that gives power to the government to punish wrong-think is inherently corrupted evil and wrong.

Ex-Guildmaster of the Octopus Overlords of old

VGM in SPQR

Return to “Off Game”