Brainz 101; an Atom Man class

Use this forum to discuss subjects other than Astro Empires.

Moderator: Sobek

Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Brainz 101; an Atom Man class

Postby Uncle Ben » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 02:06

I've been considering something. Doing some thinking, if you wish. Not a lot, just a little, but I still think I'm on to something. Imma include this smiley cause stuf like that seems to be right up your alley: :think:

So. Here it is: Before ever posting anything on the internet ever again, you probably may want to try and wrap your head around the concept called the full stop.
Here it is --> . <--Seems pretty straight forward to me, of course you're erm ... "special", so maybe not to you.

How does it work? Basicly, you formulate a thought first. Like a sentence. ONE sentence. Better not make it too long at the start, either. Then you stop. You STOP. S.T.O.P. ...........S..............T..............O...............P........................ ... As in, THE END, mkay?

What this does is, at least to most non-retards, (erm ... actually even to retards) it creates an image of the thought, your sentence, which then gets sent to the back of the brain, touch the back of your head for training purposes if you must, but yeah, that's where you're supposed to feel it when succesful. Once there, in the back of your head, the image gets framed. This allows you to work with it again, later on. Basic brain stuf.

After that, you're perfectly free again to think on, and formulate yet another thought, it can even further explore the idea behind your original thought. No problem. Only, again, stop in time, and use a FULL STOPPPP...................

Imho that's your biggest problem with communicating. You never stop, you look down on punctuation, you just ramble on and on and on.
Mind you, if your posts are still going to mainly consist of youtube links and smileys after all this, I still won't like them or you, punctuation or not. :neutral2:

Logans Run
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [QSS]
Quantum Solo Sanity

Re: Brainz 101; an Atom Man class

Postby Logans Run » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 03:27

It wont work.

Stuck in a Quantum reality
Kepler [ZvZ/Bmf] *Disclaimer* The opinions expressed by Logan do not necessarily represent LS views.
Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Uncle Ben » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 03:54

Probably not, no. The fella did mention smth about trying to communicate and trying to be respectful earlier on, so I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Oh yes, Atom Thingy, one more thing: Maybe somewhere deep down we sorta kinda have somewhat similar taste, and that would be the explanation as to why I often run into you on these forums. Thought I'd mention that because I also seem to remember something about you getting the idea I'm stalking you or some shiite.

Ps: Nice underwear, homie!

ViG90
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: SHLD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby ViG90 » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 04:08

Ben.. i'm so inspired by this thread that i had this picture taken of me in your honor

~diplo of SHLD~
Uncle Ben wrote:ViG90. Notorious conversation killer since 1981.
Logans Run
Silver Member
Silver Member
Quantum Solo Sanity

Postby Logans Run » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 02:28

ViG90 wrote:Ben.. i'm so inspired by this thread that i had this picture taken of me in your honor

Grow the beard more and you may just look like your Jesus avatar..hippy.
Or can you?

Kepler [ZvZ/Bmf] *Disclaimer* The opinions expressed by Logan do not necessarily represent LS views.
Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Uncle Ben » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 03:22

Well erm ... It sometimes happens I don't quite get your posts Vig. And it just happened again. Something about trying to teach a blind man how to read, is that it? :think:

Logans Run
Silver Member
Silver Member
Quantum Solo Sanity

Postby Logans Run » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 03:38

Uncle Ben wrote:Well erm ... It sometimes happens I don't quite get your posts Vig. And it just happened again. Something about trying to teach a blind man how to read, is that it? :think:

Never saw the movie ..um..crap. Garp? No.. Something with the idiot who committed suicide. Ya know, Mork n Mindy dude.
(aint that a *beep*, cant remember)
Anyways he is some prep school poetry teacher who all the gay kids fall in love with.

Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Uncle Ben » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 03:47

phew, seems I just lack culture, instead of being plain stupid, that's a relief.

ViG90
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: SHLD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby ViG90 » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 01:43

Logans Run wrote:
Uncle Ben wrote:Well erm ... It sometimes happens I don't quite get your posts Vig. And it just happened again. Something about trying to teach a blind man how to read, is that it? :think:

Never saw the movie ..um..crap. Garp? No.. Something with the idiot who committed suicide. Ya know, Mork n Mindy dude.
(aint that a *beep*, cant remember)
Anyways he is some prep school poetry teacher who all the gay kids fall in love with.

dead poets society

~diplo of SHLD~
Uncle Ben wrote:ViG90. Notorious conversation killer since 1981.
atom man
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby atom man » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 03:29

Uncle Ben wrote:Probably not, no. The fella did mention smth about trying to communicate and trying to be respectful earlier on, so I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Oh yes, Atom Thingy, one more thing: Maybe somewhere deep down we sorta kinda have somewhat similar taste, and that would be the explanation as to why I often run into you on these forums. Thought I'd mention that because I also seem to remember something about you getting the idea I'm stalking you or some shiite.

because I am special, I try to keep too my own threads, the one that was supposed to contain all the videos was a suggestion by my guilds, instead of trying to do it on our boards, where they always slide away, it was also the most active role play, currently garnering a good amount of views,and the videos of Lil Wayne really fit because One shares a first name with my beloved ex and one with myself, and thank you for following my instructions of zip it , or Troll me on my RP, was using the term stalk loosely for overpowered trolling...

had a moment did this pause thing you speak of, comeback thread suddenly out of my grasp, can`t edit my mistakes.
the only reason i keep re posting it, is I want it to make as much sense as possible, to those that are amused in some way.
Mod fogies keep deleting my cries for help with attaining my TT posting privs, have themselves convinced that I annoy everyone.
and my sarcasm and irony seem to be better relayed when accompanied by strategically placed. /facepalm :biglaugh: :naughty:

why do mods, keep breaking forum rules I am trying hard to follow,like all RP criteria... even waited to start an OOC, till i had more of the story mapped out and half of the 779 pages of OOC read...
I follow the rules, if we rule. :eh:
Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Uncle Ben » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 06:33

atom man wrote:
Uncle Ben wrote:Probably not, no. The fella did mention smth about trying to communicate and trying to be respectful earlier on, so I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

because I am special, I try to keep too my own threads, the one that was supposed to contain all the videos was a suggestion by my guilds, instead of trying to do it on our boards, where they always slide away, it was also the most active role play, currently garnering a good amount of views,and the videos of Lil Wayne really fit because One shares a first name with my beloved ex and one with myself, and thank you for following my instructions of zip it , or Troll me on my RP, was using the term stalk loosely for overpowered trolling...

had a moment did this pause thing you speak of, comeback thread suddenly out of my grasp, can`t edit my mistakes.
the only reason i keep re posting it, is I want it to make as much sense as possible, to those that are amused in some way.
Mod fogies keep deleting my cries for help with attaining my TT posting privs, have themselves convinced that I annoy everyone.
and my sarcasm and irony seem to be better relayed when accompanied by strategically placed. /facepalm :biglaugh: :naughty:

Hey, look at that, all that seemed way more comprehensable than what I previously saw you post. Nice one. About the pause thing: If you tried to come back to your thread after pausing, and it was suddenly out of your grasp, then I think you probably paused a little to hard and or long... I'm not at all an autism expert or anything, but I'm glad the pausing thing at least did something, and I'm also inclined to believe that if you practice it a little more you'll be likely to be able to communicate better...

All has been said for now.
/request lock

atom man
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby atom man » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 15:38

the reason my threads are constantly out of reach, is i pause, often the best way is to write my wall of text, then go back to edit, and poof thread missing, locked, or TT which if is where i must exist i don`t mind, could not even post to Portal/forum for help, got a little flack for posting in help.

and as far as legibility, it does cause me a certain amount of anxiety and stress to write in complete sentences, so usually only people who earn their worth, by attempting to communicate anyway, even with a limited understanding, ever get an explanation.

thank you for upholding my preference for international players, sometimes understand the least, usually try the hardest!!!

BEFORE the lock!!!
my threads locked instantly. 0.o

why do mods, keep breaking forum rules I am trying hard to follow,like all RP criteria... even waited to start an OOC, till i had more of the story mapped out and half of the 779 pages of OOC read...
Richelieu
Global Moderator

Postby Richelieu » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 16:15

atom man wrote:the reason my threads are constantly out of reach, is i pause, often the best way is to write my wall of text, then go back to edit, and poof thread missing, locked, or TT which if is where i must exist i don`t mind, could not even post to Portal/forum for help, got a little flack for posting in help.

1) The Astroempires forums are not your own personal hosting space. If you insist on posting this material online, then I recommend using Google documents; Pastebin; or simply an ASCII file on your computer. Even creating a secret group in Facebook, or using Notes in Facebook with a limited view of "only me" on publishing.

This will allow you pause to go back to it without it being discarded or receiving warnings.

2) You did post to portal/forum. I refer you to your post that says

and as far as legibility, it does cause me a certain amount of anxiety and stress to write in complete sentences, so usually only people who earn their worth, by attempting to communicate anyway, even with a limited understanding, ever get an explanation.

thank you for upholding my preference for international players, sometimes understand the least, usually try the hardest!!!

BEFORE the lock!!!
my threads locked instantly. 0.o

We do try to communicate with you. But there is only so much that we can do, before it's clear you aren't listening to us.

"Carry on any enterprise as if all future success depended on it."

That being said, read the forum rules !!!
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sat 09 Dec, 2017 04:45

atom man wrote:because I am special, I try to keep too my own threads, the one that was supposed to contain all the videos was a suggestion by my guilds, instead of trying to do it on our boards, where they always slide away

Use pastelink instead of the forums.
https://pastelink.net/

atom man wrote:it was also the most active role play, currently garnering a good amount of views,and the videos of Lil Wayne really fit because One shares a first name with my beloved ex and one with myself, and thank you for following my instructions of zip it , or Troll me on my RP, was using the term stalk loosely for overpowered trolling...

Yeah, it drew in all the bots.

atom man
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby atom man » Sat 09 Dec, 2017 05:44

Wlerin wrote:
atom man wrote:because I am special, I try to keep too my own threads, the one that was supposed to contain all the videos was a suggestion by my guilds, instead of trying to do it on our boards, where they always slide away

Use pastelink instead of the forums.
https://pastelink.net/

RICH mod, told me to use it, not why. :paranoid: /facepalm :shock:

Return to “Off Game”