The Nerd Network

Use this forum to discuss subjects other than Astro Empires.
Knod

Re: The Nerd Network

Postby Knod » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 04:56

thnks

Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 02:38

https://cosmosmagazine.com/space/space-lasers-and-light-sails-tech-behind-breakthrough-starshot

So this is the last article/post I was talking about above.
..before nf bumped his head in here and ho'd a post count.. -.-

I didnt read "much" of it. Just picked random link. Notable quotes below..

Btw, Im already building one in the garage. Im gonna get there 1st and call it Planet Logan. ...only hawt chicks can come. ..or if you have over a billion in Gold i guess you can come.

Cosmologist Stephen Hawking, with Russian billionaire Yuri Milner, announced new space exploration initiative 'Breakthrough Starshot' at New York City's One World Observatory – an ambitious project which aims to accelerate space-borne chips to 20% the speed of light

Alongside famed cosmologist Stephen Hawking in New York, Milner yesterday unveiled Breakthrough Starshot, a plan to send tiny space probes to our nearest star system and check out its planets. The "Starchips" would be carried on light sails propelled by Earth-based lasers in just 20 years, by travelling at a fifth the speed of light.

Edit:
These two; Steven and Yuri, was not the guy i heard/saw article a year ago. That guy's idea was lasers fired from the ship but whatever.
Earth makes more sense. Deep probe it first.

(Yeah i know...that's what she said)

Retired..sorta
Chasing reality
ViG90
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: SHLD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby ViG90 » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 11:48

Logans Run wrote:Ya know Viggie as i fade out here (thats right Ben..baby steps gdit!), i would have liked to hope that ppl would carry on with factual 'stuff' to be posted here. Not who has the better cameltoe.

There is all kinds of interesting fact stuff going on. Like i hear Al Gore said the planet Hoth is melting.

well as a keyholder, i felt obligated to our NN patronage to find interesting stuff but i have recently seen nothing both interesting and actually intelligent. the fact i am an idiot & like weird *beep* sometimes leads me to places where people that are dumber or crazier than me go when they need to think they are smart. so not to be boring, i posted some *beep* i saw there until you got back. plan worked. here you are. it was never about cameltoes, you big perv, you.

also keep an open mind.. hey i might be elvis & an alien from both the past & the future who is now a Nigerian prince looking for an account to wire $24,000,000 to. i will give you 10% tax free if we cab use your account! might need you to wire me a bit of money first.. but just to make sure this whole "wiring" thing works..but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

in the meantime, if i come across any really juicy science new i read the whole way through, i will probably post them here

~diplo of SHLD~
Uncle Ben wrote:ViG90. Notorious conversation killer since 1981.
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 06:19

ViG90 wrote:well as a keyholder, i felt obligated to our NN patronage to find interesting stuff but i have recently seen nothing both interesting and actually intelligent. the fact i am an idiot & like weird *beep* sometimes leads me to places where people that are dumber or crazier than me go when they need to think they are smart. so not to be boring, i posted some *beep* i saw there until you got back. plan worked. here you are. it was never about cameltoes, you big perv, you.

Im working on not being a perv. Give me time..
AND..just because i found your post a lil boring dont mean others do. Its like that book Steven Hawkins gave my (now afk for a long time) Aussie AE friend about the..er..Aussie guy who got f'ed over. ..over an over above ^ somewhere. Imo, that was also a long arse read but pretty interesting. To me anyways..and thats all that counts :whisle:

ViG90 wrote:in the meantime, if i come across any really juicy science new i read the whole way through, i will probably post them here

Please do. And i will even re-read what you wrote. Maybe its more interesting then i gave credit. Maybe you just..er..wrote about it poorly? :P
(Thou..if i dont post about it..we know the answer)

Retired..sorta
Chasing reality
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 07:17

ViG90 wrote:A book by Joseph Niezgoda - The Lennon Prophecy, A New Examination of the Death Clues of the Beatles - makes a good case for John Lennon making a pact with Satan in exchange for fame and fortune.

Cant believe i missed this story. But everyone knows Paul was the REAL talent.

So yeah..i can see John tring to dabble in the dark arts to be as good as him. I couldnt read it all ofc. Bout half. So i'll take half-credit
------
Your story on camels? ...you dont want to know my opinion.
I can only say God exist..but the old testement doesnt seem to help prove to me, "this is how God is."
Anyways...dont think the camel thing is NN worthy.

Retired..sorta
Chasing reality
Themis
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Themis » Sat 19 May, 2018 05:55

/locked on OP request

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!

Return to “Off Game”