Evergreen State College Insanity

Use this forum to discuss subjects other than Astro Empires.

Moderator: Sobek

User avatar
Whis
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu 28 Nov, 2013 06:53
Reputation: 17

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Whis » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 02:56

Winchester wrote:Transgender bathroom rights.

Ignoring my personal opinions on transgenders, do you expect me to be ok with a grown man walking into a bathroom my wife is currently using? Sure he won't get away with anything that would/could happen, but the "damage" would already be done.

This one is tough to pin down without expressing my personal opinions of the mental state of transgenders, but it should be obvious to anyone with anyone they truly care about this is a no-brainer.

Side note, I haven't spent any money at Target (aside from Black Friday online) since their transgender bathroom decision.

Speaking of Target: #yesiknowitsbrietbartbutitsstilllegit

User avatar
Logans Run
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:47
Reputation: 35
Guild: [QSS]
Quantum Solo Sanity
Location: Dagobioch

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Logans Run » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 03:53

Whis wrote:Side note, I haven't spent any money at Target (aside from Black Friday online) since their transgender bathroom decision.

Speaking of Target: #yesiknowitsbrietbartbutitsstilllegit

:clap:
Damn i didnt know about this. I like(d) Target too. :/
Forget your wife..what about if you had a daughter go in. Then some perv who "says" he's a TG can walk right in..no prob.

..libs.. :nonono
Winchester..did you ever say anything about the OP on a non-white day? You for or against?
Nice how this thread spiraled away from the issue to...idk what. Indian type communities living on far away planets...

Stuck in a Quantum reality
User avatar
Logans Run
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:47
Reputation: 35
Guild: [QSS]
Quantum Solo Sanity
Location: Dagobioch

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Logans Run » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 04:03

No..you never did make a comment i see. Just avoided your sides lunacy. The party that burns cus they lost an election. Who think tweeting a pic of your President beheaded is funny..

Winchester wrote:.. Both sides have tremendous issues in practice, but conservatism in the the US seems far more interested in personal wealth and power than anything else. I'm still pretty confused about the whole Evergreen thing, and don't know enough about the facts to make a reasoned evaluation.


Yes we do want wealth and to Empower people to wealth. That is true freedom. Instead of keeping them enslaved like the demokrats do.
"Reasoned evaluation." Lol..typical "intelligent liberal" avoiding the crazies that infest thier party.

Stuck in a Quantum reality
User avatar
AstroZombie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1984
Joined: Sat 14 Feb, 2009 11:42
Reputation: 96
Guild: Gaia [18]
Hydra [Hive]
Location: in ur mom

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby AstroZombie » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 08:51

Logans Run wrote:https://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/08/upshot/why-teenagers-may-be-getting-more-conservative.html?_r=0&referer=

Here..didnt read but i already know more young ppl are turning conservative. And i even picked a libtard link.
And thank God for that. All you libs with your "booo capitalism" can go *beep* off and live in a non capitalist society and sit n spin.

..thx God (yes God) for the next Generation. Cus Millennials are idiots. (Sorry..most of you are. ..and go ahead..blame others. Like me..a Gen Xer. ..its what your best at) :bleh:

Edit: read most. Gawd the NYtimea sure likes to rose over a defeat..

Capitalism is gonna die within the next hundred years anyways. Almost 40% of US jobs will be automated by 2030.
The fact of the matter is, human labor will eventually be almost non existent. No jobs, means no revenue. Our current economic system will enter a death spiral. We could always block automation, but that will just lead to stagnation. Other nations will pull way ahead of us. For the next superpower my bet is on China. If conservatives want to cling to this outdated system, then be my guest, but you will very likely see a new economic system within your life time. Of course this is assuming that the human race doesn't die. Its very likely that the 6th extinction event is right around the corner.

Violence: If its not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it

Image

~F:ex Trick/WoG H:ex Love/AFK I:ex OSHI/WL K:ex SoT/AFK² O:ex SUIT P:ex Royal G2: 18 H2: HIVE~
User avatar
Whis
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu 28 Nov, 2013 06:53
Reputation: 17

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Whis » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 13:45

How has socialism worked for Venezuela?

After all, socialism is the end game for liberals. Right?

User avatar
Bionic redhead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed 16 May, 2007 01:01
Reputation: 100
Guild: A14
Galaxy: Alpha
Location: Gillingham, England

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Bionic redhead » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 18:49

Canaris wrote:And so what if it was the former Prime Minister? Reinfeldt clearly believed it when he was in office and Sweden's current policies more than prove they're carrying that torch of self-immolation forward.


You said 'government' (as in the whole government), not 'former minister'. It's a big damn difference and a disingenuous statement.

Canaris wrote:The NHS was always operating at a deficit. It's a government program. By definition it is drawing more resources than it recoups. Perhaps recent policies have bloated it but that does not change the fact it was never sustainable. It's budget has been outpacing both inflation and the new tax payers required to fund it since it's inception. This is a fact.


Recent policies (including two major and unnecessary re-organisations) have bloated it massively. The lack of funding and subsequent lack of staffing has also caused major problems. The fact that the NHS has to tender to offer services in the name of competition is a joke that allows private healthcare companies to cherry pick the most lucrative parts of healthcare, leaving the costly bits to the NHS. These private companies then tend to fail, causing harm to patients and dropping the service back to the NHS anyway.

Logans Run wrote:Forget your wife..what about if you had a daughter go in. Then some perv who "says" he's a TG can walk right in..no prob.

..libs.. :nonono


http://www.newnownext.com/zero-trans-pe ... e/03/2016/


Anyway, I am so done with this topic. When you can't tell if the other side of the discussion or trolling or not (especially when one of them is a global moderator) you know it's time to leave.

Image
User avatar
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 17555
Joined: Tue 24 Mar, 2009 00:44
Reputation: 750
Location: The World Wide Cesspool

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Winchester » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 22:20

Whis wrote:
Winchester wrote:Transgender bathroom rights.

Ignoring my personal opinions on transgenders, do you expect me to be ok with a grown man walking into a bathroom my wife is currently using? Sure he won't get away with anything that would/could happen, but the "damage" would already be done.


Seeing as how it's probably already happened a number of times, I imagine you'll be fine with it. You might notice from the extreme paucity of news about grown "men" presenting as men and using the women's bathroom that your fears are utterly without support. I'm also rather confused with the entire idea of having a problem with someone who looks like a man going into the women's bathroom. Have you ever seen an androgynous woman go into the bathroom? A particularly masculine one? One that is indeed female in every way that you define female, but which you genuinely think is a male? Unless you're checking genitals, your wife is already sharing a bathroom with people who, for all anyone knows, are undeniably male. So what?

In any case, do you concede that this issue is without cost? Unless you meant the Target thing is a cost; if so, then your definition encompasses more or less any consequence, which means that it would be impossible to name any position on either side of the aisle that doesn't have an associated cost. I think you either concede the point or need to start defining your terms.

Logan: Please define "my" side. I actually have never voted Democrat in a presidential election. As for the picture of Trumps head? Do you really want me to pull up the pictures of Obama with a noose around his neck? Not only are those tasteless, offensive, troubling to his then-very young daughters, but they also have connotations of racism. So which one's worse? But in any case, I have no problem with Kathy Griffin's picture. Maybe it's because of all the GWAR concerts I've been to, but it just isn't really that big of a deal to me.

Lastly, I'm not sure what I was supposed to be responding to in regards to non-white days. Did you have some sort of point to make?

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
User avatar
Logans Run
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:47
Reputation: 35
Guild: [QSS]
Quantum Solo Sanity
Location: Dagobioch

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Logans Run » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 22:30

Bionic redhead wrote:Anyway, I am so done with this topic. When you can't tell if the other side of the discussion or trolling or not (especially when one of them is a global moderator) you know it's time to leave.

Mods cant have an opinion in trash talk?
I know of one side only that tries to silent the opposition. And thats todays liberals.
..and you know its true.

Winchester..you really like to throw out the racism talk doncha? No problem with the kathy grif pic huh? But cant stand the obama noose. Ok..i got you figured out now. Quite easy to.
Keep avoiding this main thread question. I believe now yes..you would be fine with the non-whitey day.
Never voted democrat? Yeah..country sure could use maybe a Castro or Hugo huh?

Stuck in a Quantum reality
User avatar
blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1746
Joined: Fri 03 Apr, 2009 13:41
Reputation: 45
Location: not the USA

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby blahblah » Fri 16 Jun, 2017 00:34

straw man argument
could say the same about maybe a Hitler or a Franko
personly I think Trump has done a better job than I thought he would
and I thought America was lucky to have Obama as well
maybe a Trump President could become a good thing in the long run
congress seems to be stopping his silliest ideas
like say anybody seen any new walls along the mexican border recently
and maybe at long last congress will start to look at fixing some of American problems
you know silly stuff like lack of medical care for the poor
stabilizing growth in the rust belt
we are going into a world where most people won't have a 9 to 5 job
and not everyone can work at wallmart
up till now most countrys seem to be adapting quicker to the new world than America
maybe Churchill had it right
Americans will do the right thing in the end
but only after they have tried everything else

giving AE the bird since 2009
User avatar
Whis
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu 28 Nov, 2013 06:53
Reputation: 17

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Whis » Fri 16 Jun, 2017 15:22

Winchester wrote:
Whis wrote:
Winchester wrote:Transgender bathroom rights.

Ignoring my personal opinions on transgenders, do you expect me to be ok with a grown man walking into a bathroom my wife is currently using? Sure he won't get away with anything that would/could happen, but the "damage" would already be done.


Seeing as how it's probably already happened a number of times, I imagine you'll be fine with it. You might notice from the extreme paucity of news about grown "men" presenting as men and using the women's bathroom that your fears are utterly without support. I'm also rather confused with the entire idea of having a problem with someone who looks like a man going into the women's bathroom. Have you ever seen an androgynous woman go into the bathroom? A particularly masculine one? One that is indeed female in every way that you define female, but which you genuinely think is a male? Unless you're checking genitals, your wife is already sharing a bathroom with people who, for all anyone knows, are undeniably male. So what?

In any case, do you concede that this issue is without cost? Unless you meant the Target thing is a cost; if so, then your definition encompasses more or less any consequence, which means that it would be impossible to name any position on either side of the aisle that doesn't have an associated cost. I think you either concede the point or need to start defining your terms.


I have defined my terms of cost in my post where I explicitly gave the example of abortions costing an unborn child their life.

I would classify any negatively life altering/ending event, as well as monetary costs, a cost.

Aside from what a cost is, let's play this scenario. You have a friend who is a recovering herione addict. Would it be wise to tell them you have herione in your house? What about an alcoholic? What about a sexual predator? You see all of these things are the same in the fact they are a disease. The first thing you learn when dealing with someone with a disease like these is to keep temptation away from them. If you understand not giving the opportunity to a recovering addict to have the thing they are recovering from, how can you not understand keeping the temptation away from a sexual predator?

Also, there is an abstract monetary cost to this policy. As more people feel unsafe in the restrooms in these establishments, more people will shop online or spend less time in each store. This all equates to less sales in brick and mortar retailers which leads to less tax income for government. Kind of goes in direct opposition to what liberals want.

The last thing on this issue, this cannot be truly be called a liberal agenda. This issue was only brought forward because the Democrats thought they found a voting block they could exploit and they ended up largely losing it after the Orlando night club shooting. Since then, coverage has been practically null. The only time I've heard of the issue in the last six months was recently when Dallas Cowboys are in danger of losing the 2018? draft because of Texas' barroom policies.

User avatar
blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1746
Joined: Fri 03 Apr, 2009 13:41
Reputation: 45
Location: not the USA

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby blahblah » Fri 16 Jun, 2017 17:09

um not sure because following that logic
we should let men who have raped other men/boys
use female toilets so they can avoid temptation
personally if they have a dick then they pee in a urinal
if they don't they use a toilet
unless in America they have communal toilets instead of individual cubical
also how does it work when you have like in many houses 1 toilet
I personally would find some guy using the same loo as my wife not a biggy
unless he was using it at the same time

giving AE the bird since 2009
User avatar
Logans Run
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:47
Reputation: 35
Guild: [QSS]
Quantum Solo Sanity
Location: Dagobioch

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Logans Run » Fri 16 Jun, 2017 17:31

blahblah wrote:straw man argument
could say the same about maybe a Hitler or a Franko

Hitlers National Socialist German Workers' Party?

..Thats what you mean? The left looneys like to say he was right wing soo often. Because truth hurts.
Its baciacally what happens when the left runs wild.

Back on the left trying to silence ppl. ...happens all the time, winchester.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/15/video-dem-official-curses-accosts-gay-signature-gatherers-on-pride-weekend.html

..all the time.

Stuck in a Quantum reality
User avatar
Whis
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu 28 Nov, 2013 06:53
Reputation: 17

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Whis » Fri 16 Jun, 2017 17:42

blahblah wrote:um not sure because following that logic
we should let men who have raped other men/boys
use female toilets so they can avoid temptation
personally if they have a dick then they pee in a urinal
if they don't they use a toilet
unless in America they have communal toilets instead of individual cubical


When my children use the restroom in a public place I will always stand outside. But, if my wife is shopping alone, who is their to dissuade someone who would cause harm?

And yes, American restrooms have cubicles. But the bottoms are open and the walls are flimsy at best.

User avatar
AstroZombie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1984
Joined: Sat 14 Feb, 2009 11:42
Reputation: 96
Guild: Gaia [18]
Hydra [Hive]
Location: in ur mom

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby AstroZombie » Fri 16 Jun, 2017 22:18

Logans Run wrote:
blahblah wrote:straw man argument
could say the same about maybe a Hitler or a Franko

Hitlers National Socialist German Workers' Party?

..Thats what you mean? The left looneys like to say he was right wing soo often. Because truth hurts.
Its baciacally what happens when the left runs wild.

Back on the left trying to silence ppl. ...happens all the time, winchester.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/15/video-dem-official-curses-accosts-gay-signature-gatherers-on-pride-weekend.html

..all the time.

Yeah, and North Korea is called the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Labels don't mean *beep*, actions do.
Hitler didn't care about economics that much, it was secondary to him. His racist ideals is what defines him, and that is what we remember him for. When it comes to economics, Hitler was wishy washy. On one hand he is known as the true father of universal health care. On the other hand he was a huge defender of private property. When I say private property I'm not talking about your toothbrush. I'm talking about the means of production. No socialist would defend private property.

Here is a quote from Hitler himself. "Socialism! That is an unfortunate word altogether... What does socialism really mean? If people have something to eat and their pleasures, then they have their socialism."

Economically Hitler was smack dab in the middle...center left at best. Culturally Hitler was very much right wing. Hitler was a fascist pure, and simple. I would even go so far to say that he has more in common with Donald Trump then he does with Bernie Sanders. Now we could debate whether he was on the right or left all day long. On the other hand we could save some time, and say that Hitler was more authoritarian then he was left or right. Which I feel is pretty accurate to be honest.

Violence: If its not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it

Image

~F:ex Trick/WoG H:ex Love/AFK I:ex OSHI/WL K:ex SoT/AFK² O:ex SUIT P:ex Royal G2: 18 H2: HIVE~
User avatar
Logans Run
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:47
Reputation: 35
Guild: [QSS]
Quantum Solo Sanity
Location: Dagobioch

Re: Evergreen State College Insanity

Postby Logans Run » Fri 16 Jun, 2017 23:02

AstroZombie wrote:..Culturally Hitler was very much right wing. Hitler was a fascist pure, and simple.


I knew the hitler thing would draw out yet another libby saying the right is facist and racist.
Congtratz. You got trolled.

Keep spewing that the right is facist/racist, libtards. Your winning a ton of elections here with it.
:clap:
I think my work here is done.
AstroZombie wrote:Hitler was more authoritarian then he was left or right. Which I feel is pretty accurate to be honest.


Well which is it now? Dont confuse yourself.
:nonono

Stuck in a Quantum reality

Return to “Off Game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests