Read before posting: Board-specific rules

Archimedes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Read before posting: Board-specific rules

Postby Archimedes » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 19:23

Welcome to Kappa P&W. Below are rules that are specific to this forum, or clarifications of forum-wide rules that are of note to users who post here. These rules do not supersede the forum rules, but rather supplement/reinforce them. If you have any questions about these rules, Astro Empires, the forums, or whether a post is acceptable per these rules, please do not hesitate to ask me via PM. You may also contact Pasternak, co-moderator of these forums. ("Pasta"' is a little nicer than I am :P)

Enjoy the forums!

Notable Kappa-related threads

Be respectful of others at all times
K1 - Posts which serve only to insult, belittle, or otherwise anger another forum user without mentioning the game, politics, or other on-topic subject matter are against forum rules.
K1.1 - A certain degree of taunting or "trash talking" is acceptable, however, such posts must be related to in-game matters and not constitute a personal attack
K1.2 - Intentionally insulting or taunting a user in order to elicit an angry response is flame baiting and against forum rules, even if the post is otherwise on-topic; this includes taunting with such things as the "u mad" meme.
K1.3 - Posting a "rant of the day" - a topic that contains some situation the member feels is horrible, and proceeding to troll and flame all those involved - will result in a yellow.
Related forum rules: 2.1, 2.2, 4, 4.1, 4.2

Off-topic
K2 - Threads in P&W should be of general interest to the server or a significant portion of the player base. Personal declarations of war (one player declaring war on a guild, for instance) should be handled via PM or in the Kappa Tavern. Exceptions are made when such declarations are politically significant (i.e. a top ten player is involved). A brand new account declaring personal war upon a top ten guild is an example of an inappropriate thread.
K2.1 - Polls, questions seeking opinion, trade routes, and other such discussion should be located in the Kappa Tavern.

Spam
K3 - Posts consisting of nothing but the phrase "u mad" or other internet memes will be carded as spam
K3.1 - Posts should be substantive and contain some form of text other than an image, smiley, or an internet meme.
K3.2 - Double-posting is against forum rules. Combine multiple replies into a single post. First time offenders may be advised via PM and given the opportunity to condense their multiple posts
Related forum rules: 1.1, 1.2, 5.2, 5.6, 7.2

Accusations
K4 - If you consider a player or guild is cheating in the game or is harassing you in any way, please do not make a public post about it, contact our game support instead using our Support Center.
K4.1 - Implying that a player or guild is cheating constitutes a public accusation
K4.2 - Do not discuss in-game warnings and bans, doing so violates the forum rules and usually constitutes as continued implication of ongoing cheating
Related forum rules: 9.1

Have fun
K5 - This is a game, after all! :)
K5.1 - Fun is mandatory

Changelog
07/08/2011: Revision 1, initial post
07/10/2011: Added rule K1.3

07/19/2011: Added rule K4.2, clarified 4/4.1 to read "or guild"[/i]

"And what is good, Phaedrus, And what is not good -- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

Co-moderator for Ixion, Juno, and Kappa. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules, and contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Return to “Kappa”