The Silence Is Not Only Golden - Its Deafening!

ShadowStalkerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: None
Location: In the real world enjoying life like you folks should be doing!

The Silence Is Not Only Golden - Its Deafening!

Postby ShadowStalkerz » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 09:36

Well..since the greatest mass derbing this server has ever seen took place there hasnt been a single peep out of the Royalist camp or any of their lap dogs...

So tell me, you guys ready to throw in the towel or what?

Or are you going to try to still spin this into how long it took us, how you dont care, and no matter what how we are still somehow failures?

Go on..we expect nothing less...spin it to win it.

But when the smoke clears we all know what time it is dont we?

Time you called it quits..or you can just keep feeding us.

At this point either will do just fine, but I thought you might wanna go out with a little dignity and just click that delete key.

We promise we wont laugh (much).

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Meanwhile we have recent footage of Balor after 1st hearing about the carnage in K25. He had nothing to say other than a simple quote when told there was little more left to be done in KAPPA:

as for the rest of the Royalist camp, their reply was simple:

“Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.” ~ Confucius
~Your words mean nothing when your actions contradict~
Ghassy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Galaxy: Pegasus

Re: The Silence Is Not Only Golden - Its Deafening!

Postby Ghassy » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 13:06

So now you finally zerged them to death, what are you going to do?

Advance in science comes by laying brick upon brick, not by sudden erection of fairy palaces.
- J. S. Huxley
Evil Ant
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Evil Ant » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 14:15

Addex and Royal crew are still on the run......

Royals deleteing
Royals disbanding base
Royals Raging in PM's
Royals begging to get into other guilds
Royals downgrading bases to 0 econ
Royals Raging inside their guild
and most of all.........

The Royals are Just a FARM Guild

Meow Quit, SoT Quit, Royal Quit........Same thing

If U dunno no understand....I dunno know about U
ShadowStalkerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby ShadowStalkerz » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 14:26

Ghassy wrote:So now you finally zerged them to death, what are you going to do?

We have a plan. Will it work?

Who knows.

Will we try?

Hell ya.

If it doesnt?

Then I guess we will see if the nay sayers are right and DDoS will eventually eat us all.

NO ONE can predict the future, all we can do is try to make a change.

For some reason people dont think its even worth the effort, and that is where we definitely disagree.

DamnYankee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby DamnYankee » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 07:32

ShadowStalkerz wrote:We have a plan. Will it work?

I do hope it does work but as George Orwell put it:
and later on in the story:

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...

Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
ShadowStalkerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby ShadowStalkerz » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 08:26

Well said, but I prefer this:

"Those who fight tyrants, need to make sure they dont become one"
(we use to fight Tyrants on Fenix bro - remember that?)

that is my philosophy and view I take when I think about my actions in the post SOT kappa...

I truly want a game where its more fair and encourages people to fight competitively on more equal footing.

And I have an idea of how that can be done: a game within the game.

its our only hope to save Kappa, and personally, the only hope other servers have to avoid stagnation and ultimately server death.

Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Sarah-bunny » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:52

I wasn't going to post anything (and I'll probably not post what I'm writing now) since this forum isn't actually meant for anything but trolling and cheating accusations (whoever the mod is for this server is a failure).

But SS seems to have some modicum of interest in idea exchange so I'll try my luck that I'm not completely wasting my time.

This is the server stats for the servers I "play". I should note that I only do ixion as a JG account (can't keep track of the politics and was never active in the true sense of the word), so I can't really speak to what that server is like.

Fenix Server
Players: 673
Online: 26

Ixion Server
Players: 633
Online: 27

Juno Server
Players: 635
Online: 29

Kappa Server
Players: 922
Online: 65

Omega Server
Players: 9,505
Online: 276

Pegasus Server
Players: 13,422
Online: 659

Fenix just had the second major server war in six months time (approx). A ton of people quit after the one six months ago, and it appears that a good chunk that was left quit after the crash a month or so ago. Active players (all 20 of them) are moving around hitting stuff. The top guilds (5 of them) have a decent fleet balance and absence of pacts. In theory it could be an interesting server, but there isn't enough active players for it to truly be so.

Juno has a significant fleet imbalance between the 00/10 alliance and [Rise], with [Flow] pacted to Protoss. Rise could still have the ability to do ninja attacks, but with 29 people online serverwide at any given time, its not reasonable to expect much anything to occur in terms of an organized ninja op.

Kappa has (presently) 16.5M fleet allied against 1.6M fleet. Most of that 1.6M is likely to be deleted within the next three days. The active player base will drop by 30 which will give Kappa the same active player base (about 30 people online) as the older servers.

I've understood the DDoS vs SoT war... in fact I advocated this as an alternative to the DDoS and SoT murder of INC. (Given the insane fleet differences between DDoS/SoT and INC there was no sportsmanship in doing the crash. It should be said that INC put up a heroic and admirable defense during that war.) But as usual no one listened to me and I probably did permanent damage to my relationship with SoT leadership by so forcefully advocating fighting DDoS. (I was kicked from an advisory chat and not reinstated for two years lol).

And DDoS had long term relations with Wolf and Death, so I never had an issue with us needing to fight all of them (which is one reason I pushed on SoT leadership to prepare for war before our two allies were too weak to support... something that feel on completely deaf ears... war between LOVE/RD guilds on other servers was forbidden)...

Theres only two things I don't understand, and they are related. The first is how the DDoS leadership, which I can only assume is reasonably astute politically, can have no idea who they are fighting. Quite literally, all the people who were running SoT at server start left over two years ago. The few remaining second tier leaders from early server were inactive and were just hoping for a crash so they could delete their accounts.

In other words, all the people who DDoS, Wolf and Death rail against as being toxic to the game and borderline evil are all gone. People quit and other people take over the accounts. Just because you can use eddie to see that an account used to belong to Addex doesn't mean he's playing it. And just because an account still has the old player name doesn't mean that person is playing it. Most of the people in the current SoT (as of two weeks ago) were people I didn't really know who they were (and they were real people talking on the boards). Maybe if I hadn't been in the hospital most of the last 5+ months I would have learned to know these new players, but I didn't. After the SoT/DDoS vs. INC war I didn't play Kappa other than logging prod since then. When DDoS declared I started playing actively again, but that mostly stopped with the medical issue.

Anyway, I can understand the goal of the current war being to trap and kill all the SoT fleets and hit every base. That's normal for a war. But in a game where Kappa server is close to end-game death... where the number of active players is so very low, why would any guild have as it primary purpose to make every player on the other side quit? If you want to win Kappa, and then quit playing it yourselves, then it would make sense (I've seen several guilds on older servers press a server war so they could win it, declare the server won and then all retire). But all I read on this forum is how making every SoT player delete will *save* the server. This seems irrational.

Looking again at the numbers, I think that there is a tremendous difference between the old servers, with 20-somthing people online at a time, and the newest server with over 600 people online (and to be fair, if there weren't cluster pacts for every cluster already, there's probably be 1000 to 1300 people online). That's a factor of 30 difference for people who can't math. That's the difference between having one fleet on your scanners (if your 5 year old account still has scanners lol) and *thirty* fleets on scanners. Not all of which are friendly lol.

In my opinion, AE Pegasus and AE Juno and older are different games. Even without perm occ'ing out all of SoT, Kappa has a numbers issue that is already quite significant. But making people quite whose only "crime" is that they have bases in the 00s doesn't help the already bad server dynamics that exist at present.

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game

FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
PowerVerde
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: 42AO
H: LOVE
N: KING

Postby PowerVerde » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 13:43

Dont spin to win Sarah!
Everyone knows the best way to make the server alive and competitive is to get rid of the inactos in SoT and with them the 5 online players they have!
This will bring a lot less players online to the game and so the few remaining players can farm the rest of the bases and fleets in peace without having to look over their shoulders! Isnt that a lot more fun?

In a near future you will see more accounts being made in kappa and you will have 1000 players online at everytime because they will be happy to see there is no incoming in their scanners and the holding hands while singing kumbaya wont be interrupted :D

The old noob, not necessarily the oldest ;)
ShadowStalkerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby ShadowStalkerz » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 17:47

Ok sarah, you make a valid point, the server base is shrinking but our efforts to drive out the remaining SoT tag is driven by one simple thing:

We have heard over and over and seen 1st hand the influence that Addy, Balor, and some other unknowns have in regards to access to accounts in KAPPA, those mainly being in the SOT ranks.

The suicides early on in the war which brought about an end to the 1 on 1 challenge offered to SoT by DDOS are a prime example of this.

Maybe that happened because the Royals didnt trust that DDOS would keep its word, and that more importantly I wouldnt honor my promise to Ms Cinnamon (was that you?) that we would stay out of it. Maybe it happened just because thats how Balor and his cronies roll.

I had EVERY INTENTION of letting DDOS fight SoT 1 on 1...until the suicides and the cross server KDs that were brought about by the direct influence and power held by Royals in positions of authority on different servers started to happen. This showed the allies just how far Balor was willing to go because HE didnt trust us and because he is a sore loser in our eyes.

Well that works both ways now. We simply cant risk that the remaining accounts in KAPPA wont fall under control at some point to a Royal and be used to seek retribution down the line. We are convinced that if we take that risk at some point the Royals will use their influence on people in other servers to get them to do things with their accounts here, for the few that remain that is.

Its a simple matter of a lack trust and knowledge from past experience in dealing with these "former leaders" you speak of.

We cant risk it.

Now I have an idea that if it works I really believe it will breath new life into this server, bringing new players once word spreads of how we do things here.

I am happy to share this with you because its just MY idea on how we can do it. Nothing has been decided if we will take this approach, but I think it holds promise.

Believe me, I dont want to drive people from this game, but to be sure those I know who DO want change can have that change without fear of a future douche move from an old account that has been passed without knowledge into the hands of someone vindictive like Balor or Addy, we have no choice but to drive the rest of SoT out. And there is the worry that one of the accounts left will be influenced or intimidated into doing harm to someone in KAPPA in exchange for something else promised or threatened on another server they might play with the Royals in.

True we have people now in Death and WOLF and DDOS who play with the Royals on other servers, but so far they have not done anything that was influenced by cross server politics in spite of ample opportunities to cause a great deal of damage on recent Allied Ops/Blobs.

We believe the vast majority of our people can be trusted not to get tainted by Royal influence and we simply dont share that trust with ANY of the remaining SoT accounts.

***UPDATE***

Just as I finished typing that and editing it for typos and cohesiveness, I got a report from a spy of mine on another server that plays with the Royals..and guess what:

A last suicide is being planned against our blob, and part of that plan involves getting remaining SoT accounts a home in the allied ranks so they can strike when least expected...however this is exactly what we are afraid of..and now I am even more convinced that the rest of the SoT accounts are not to be given asylum.

Seems the Royals even tho they are "gone" as you say, have not given up their desire for payback.

Now do you see why we must take the approach we are taking? And this intell is solid..everything this person has told me in the past has panned out in regards to what the Royals are planning.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 18:46

What "douche moves" are they going to pull, exactly, if they are in 00s rebuilding and you are ... elsewhere? Unless you were planning to force them to join your megazerg, in which case... duh? Merge or die doesn't really make fast friends, especially when the two guilds have behaved as DDoS & co. and SoT have towards each other. If you were really interested in keeping these players on the server, you'd let off your genocidal crusade against SoT and allow whatever is left of them to reform in the lowers.

But we all know that isn't going to happen.

As for your insider infoz, yeah, that sounds like something they (well, some of them) would think of trying to pull. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen. It's not really hard to avoid: Just don't blob with them.

Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Sarah-bunny » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 20:42

I'm not aware of any suicides planned... although I disagree with those tactics so it would be highly unlikely that anyone would tell me.

I haven't heard anyone bitter about kappa... just people had hoped that there'd be a crash and proly disappointed that our side couldn't put something together to allow a decent crash to occur. Although it seemed to me in the chat (mostly silent) and boards (mostly empty) that people just wanted something, anything to happen so they could use their fleet and retire the server. (this is kinda obvious from some of the otherwise nonsensical things people did with their fleets before quitting).

as far as someone trying to join one of the DDW guilds and then later suicide... i hadn't heard anyone in Sot talking about trying to garner sympathy to join one of those guilds for any reason. it never occurred to me that DDW would accept anyone from SoT even if there wasn't this (in my opinion) artificially induced mutual guttural antipathy. guilds tend to operate in cluster, so if DDW was inclined to have a guild in the 00s, it would be some kind of SoT remnant under a GM who would best be described as a DDoS lackey :P lol. But even that was never in the "offering bin"

so if there is any *real* plan for some mass blob carnage, i would suspect that it wouldn't be coming from anyone playing now (seriously, if any of us playing was capable of subterfuge we wouldn't have all deleted or left our fleets to die on random wormholes). No, it would be someone who quit quite a while ago, who somehow is able to get an account already inside Death, DDoS or Wolf. Imo the ability to get a DDW account suitable for treachery is much, much higher than somehow guilt-tripping a SoT account inside.

i've given up understanding why anyone does anything, but assuming that someone does this (gets a DDW account and suicides it), i'm not quite sure what the point would be. the server is quite emphatically won, many of the victors will ride into the sunset with their victory trophies, and if anyone who was suicided wanted to keep playing the server, there would be accounts of people who are leaving the server to take over.

TL:DR sure there might be some random purposeless suicide commited by a DDW account that changes hands, but no current member of SoT would be involved and it wouldn't be an account now in SoT.

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game

FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
ShadowStalkerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby ShadowStalkerz » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 21:01

All I can go on Sarah is what I am told from a credible source I have learned to trust.

Our distrust even tho it may be unfounded based on the reasons you listed is still prevalent in our minds. So we arent taking any chances and that is why there will be no SH allowed in the lowers.

My suggestion for the lowers is to keep it an open ALLIED farmland till all the SoT bases there delete or turn UC.

Once that happens, then I am going to suggest we turn it into either an Arena for regulated "pvp/gvg" paintball style matches, or we make it a no mans land where the allied guilds can send predetermined fleets to wage "war".

SH's now in place will be respected and those will be places where simmers and folks tired of fighting can grow accounts for the simple pleasure of watching their numbers rise. Some people like doing just that while socializing on guild boards. Gone would be the days of KDing someone for lack of activity or participation excpet in extreme cases of prolonged inactivity which would indicate a person has simply given up..I am talking like 30days or more without any actiivity.

So in the end you will have the SHs for each guild as the area for simmers to play and lounge in peace.

As well as an arena(s) where people can go to pvp/gvg (I am thinking 60s cause everyone on Kappa has bases there pretty much and SOME JG network that would be needed for a team to be competitive).

And you would have a No Mans Land, where guilds could organize blob crashes and such much like now, only limited in scope and limited to only that Galaxy set, thus alleviating the threat of a Guild getting completely wiped out , but still allowing for the "old ways" to be played..because yes..some people DO want to keep playing AE the way it is now..blob crashes and decimation of all who oppose them.

3 different types of game play, each quaranteed to a specifc galaxy set. My goal is to offer a place for all players with different play styles to have a place to go and "do their thing" be it simming, all out war, or TRUE and PURE competitive matches where activity and tactical/critical thinking is needed much like in a game of chess.

I have a rough draft of this sort of plan already drawn up.

The only down side to this working on other future servers is it would require people with influence and the player base under their control to say all agree and say "hey, this is how we are going to do things...you can play ball so all can have fun, or we will unite and drive out anyone who tries to upset the balance and fair play mentality being setup."

And that shouldnt be hard to do because if there is a place where each play style can be engaged and ALL play styles simultaneously exist within the server, then there should be no reason for a player or grp of players to try and ruin it, because if they want that kind of play then they just go their Servers NO MANS LAND area and have it like days of old.

The point is to offer up choices for the different play styles and to offer this to all on the server, not just the "clicks" and "pros".

PowerVerde
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: 42AO
H: LOVE
N: KING

Postby PowerVerde » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 01:11

ShadowStalkerz wrote:All I can go on Sarah is what I am told from a credible source I have learned to trust.

This is either the biggest fail attempt to justify your actions or you are being trolled.
Why?
There was never such discussion on open chats in any of sot or any other server i play, so if that convo happened it was in a private chat.
And i strongly doubt your spy would ever be in such a chat.
On the other hand, addex isnt a leader of sot in years and balor was never one either, and he quit the server ages ago too.

So stop pushing the addex/balor excuse cause its worn out as its totally unapplicable. Why do u think ddos declared in the 1st place? Because they were gone...

You can explain your desire to erradicate sot because we pawned your guild's *beep* for too long and for the fear u have that if we'd stick around we could rebuild our accounts and be a top guild again - maybe the LOVE thing is in your heads?

And tbh, your desire to extinguish sot is the ultimate rage-tears I've ever gotten in all my AE career. The zerg rage/frustation has been escalated to such an unseen level that your side isnt happy in whooping our side and teach us a lesson! No, the frustation rose so high that you want us erradicated for good, so that u never fear to see a red msg and a derbed fleet while you were away.
Man, all the bullsh*t excuses you've come up with so far has filled my heart with joy :D

tl;dr: We know why u zerged on us, and we'll always be laughing at you!

The old noob, not necessarily the oldest ;)
Evil Ant
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Evil Ant » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 04:19

I thought these were the best tears so far

From: [Zzz] %Aatrun% Msg - Block Player 13 Jan 2014, 00:43:30
thats good ....but i got plans b4 i go so il be remembered....lolz

THEN HE GETS DERBED lololol

BEST TEARS SO FAR
[***] %Aatrun% Reply - Copy Savebox - Block Player - Report 18 Jan 2014, 22:33:32
and yes i now can delete...ur weak if i knew u wanted to talk *beep* i wouldve stayed and played a lil longer ....i had enough of kappa ....have fun and enjoy

Prob better than Damn Yankee's tears
but
Wait we still have your tears to contest these PowerVerde

Meow Quit, SoT Quit, Royal Quit........Same thing

If U dunno no understand....I dunno know about U
DamnYankee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby DamnYankee » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 05:53

Remember when Evil Ant knew he had been trolled? Me neither.

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...

Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.

Return to “Kappa”