My (unimportant but still being stated) opinion

Richard_Sharpe

My (unimportant but still being stated) opinion

Postby Richard_Sharpe » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 18:57

I've been playing AE for roughly 2 years now, and I have only ever played on Lyra (minus about 2 weeks on Pegasus where I really did nothing because I was still too focused on Lyra) and I have come to a few conclusions:

1. There are quite a few different kinds of people on Lyra; you have the smaller guild members, who hang in there and play not because they have the numbers and want to win the server but because they are driven to grow and create something of themselves; you have the inactives who sim or just sit there and basically contribute to really dead weight and just make everyone's numbers look a little scarier; you have the average player, someone who maybe can't log in every day and has time devoted to life outside of AE; you have the hardcore players, the ones that either make great leadership or are instrumental in helping their respective guilds to succeed; finally you have what I like to call the lost lives, because they lose themselves in AE, will do anything and say anything to try and win their server, will sell half of their guild to do it, people like Balor and Lunddy (though they aren't the only ones and this type of player isn't restricted to Noone and Dream) who, even though people might argue are different, are in fact very much the same. Hell, they might as well be multis that are arguing with each other.

2. There is a lot of big talk, with not a whole lot to back it up. There have been some pretty major events on Lyra, but the fact remains that this server is still the same, each side tries to gain allies, each side wants to zerg the other, each side talks a big talk, but neither side has delivered a truly crippling blow. And from what I've seen, even if a crippling blow was dealt and one side were to truly defeat the other all that would happen is the allies on the winning side would then turn on each other eventually, and the process would repeat.

3. Suicides are all too common, and they are quite possibly the lamest thing to brag or laugh about. Whether it was through cheating, multis, spies, or rage quits, if you're going to sit there and take pride in or laugh about a suicide fleet, then you're just pathetic. I don't care if you orchestrated it, or if it was completely random to you, the fact of the matter is that you accomplished nothing to take pride in, you sat back and simmed or blob stared or invaded while you knew most of the enemy fleet wasn't around or wasn't strong enough to attack you or you yourself weren't strong enough to attack the people who had the suiciders go off and you feel accomplished or as though it was a victory. Basically if we were playing limbo right now then you would be the guy who almost has the back of their head touching the ground.

Anyway, that's all I've got in me, rant over. Comment if you want, *beep* at me, try to troll me, whatever floats your boat, I don't care because honestly unless you can dispute this and create an actual discussion with me then you aren't worth responding to and you probably fall under that last category of players, note the word probably there before you fly into a rage.

Mar0vus
Guild: NoOne
Galaxy: Lyra

Re: My (unimportant but still being stated) opinion

Postby Mar0vus » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 21:23

1) Playing only one server you clearly don't know about the other type of player: the one that only plays when the server is new and quit/inacto sim when the next one opens (like me).
2) Well ye it's the forumz :3. There are crippling blows sometimes in servers just that .. Lyra remained a bit more balanced than normal. Again, only one server is not a good sample.
3) Agree here. Is this related to those top Amigo fleets dying? I'm waiting on what the story was. Those suicides may have let me reach rank 1 fleet, but I have no purpose now as dreads ;_;.

Anyway, inb4 Jacob.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 04 Aug, 2014 22:22

As Mar0vus said, Lyra is the exception rather than the rule with regard to no one side gaining total dominance. Normally it's (basically) over by the time the next server opens. They'll still do the "drop and feed on the weakest ally" thing, but usually by then there isn't anyone else on the server able to object or use that to their advantage, as is the case here.

Early server was relatively dynamic with the various on-going power struggles, and I'd say it was by far the "best" server in that sense for a long while, even including more recent servers.

Richard_Sharpe

Postby Richard_Sharpe » Tue 05 Aug, 2014 00:16

Sorry about that, I should have mentioned that I was solely referring to Lyra here since, as you guys both said, I haven't played any other servers and I know I don't know what they are like. As for number three that was just in general about the number of suicides I've seen in Lyra but it was stuck in my mind due to the recent suicides over in NxM. I'm still not sure what went on there either, I just know that it happened and that Derbz Monkey is hinting at responsibility after dropping NxM and switching over to Noone.

I wish I could have been around since the start of the server, but unfortunately I learned about the game a bit late.

Gasai Yuno
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: L: [NoOne]
JKMNOP: RQ

Postby Gasai Yuno » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 15:58

Richard_Sharpe wrote:Sorry about that, I should have mentioned that I was solely referring to Lyra here since, as you guys both said, I haven't played any other servers and I know I don't know what they are like. As for number three that was just in general about the number of suicides I've seen in Lyra but it was stuck in my mind due to the recent suicides over in NxM. I'm still not sure what went on there either, I just know that it happened and that Derbz Monkey is hinting at responsibility after dropping NxM and switching over to Noone.

I wish I could have been around since the start of the server, but unfortunately I learned about the game a bit late.
A) I don't think Lunddy qualifies as a "Lost Life". (Lol at least these forum posts prove there isn't a spai in the NoOne LD Chat xD)
B) NoOne has lost more fleet to suicides than any other guild on the server, by a lot. NxM getting hacked by their own players is just a slight evening in the odds.
C) The views of people on Lyra tend to be harshly divergent, depending on if they are currently allied to NoOne or not. Without knowing where you are from guildwise I can't really anticipate what your Brain has been washed into believing :3 .
D) NoOne talks big because it amuses us :D and not like the zerg can do anything about it, if they leave their AFK-Sim blob we'll roflstomp them out of existence.

"A proper media-war champion." - Balor
bige77
Guild: NoOne
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby bige77 » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 20:15

I just want to chime in on suicides and yeah they suck and yeah we have all taken them and I agree with Heartless I am pretty sure we (NoOne) have taken more losses to them than anyone else on this server. Just look at the Matu crap he pulled a couple months ago he killed around 300 mil of our fleet. In all the suicides NxM took recently I don't think it was that much. And to top it all off NxM leadership has let him come home and embrace him as a hero for what he did so this crap about how NxM hates suicides is utter BS your embracing with open and loving arms a known suicider.

With all that sad I am all for some kind of game change to prevent them from occuring like the 10 minutes upon dropping guild before you can hit a X-guildmate idea I have seen tossed about. Until something changes though they are part of AE life.

Richard_Sharpe

Postby Richard_Sharpe » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 00:52

Just to clarify, I realize NoOne has taken a lot of suicide hits, I wasn't trying to say one guild or another has taken more than another one etc. I am biased, I know this and I try to keep it away from anything like this and so I was referring to all suicides, because to me they all suck. They are a dirty, underhanded method and they make the game less fun no matter what side you are on when the suicide occurs. They either suck because your side took them or they suck because they remove part of a challenge in a way that requires no true effort or skill on the part of the side that didn't get hit. The only comparison I can think of is stealing your opponents queen in a chess game and using it to kill other pieces.

Richard_Sharpe

Postby Richard_Sharpe » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 00:53

bige77 wrote:I just want to chime in on suicides and yeah they suck and yeah we have all taken them and I agree with Heartless I am pretty sure we (NoOne) have taken more losses to them than anyone else on this server. Just look at the Matu crap he pulled a couple months ago he killed around 300 mil of our fleet. In all the suicides NxM took recently I don't think it was that much. And to top it all off NxM leadership has let him come home and embrace him as a hero for what he did so this crap about how NxM hates suicides is utter BS your embracing with open and loving arms a known suicider.

With all that sad I am all for some kind of game change to prevent them from occuring like the 10 minutes upon dropping guild before you can hit a X-guildmate idea I have seen tossed about. Until something changes though they are part of AE life.
I like your ideas here by the way, it sounds like something of a mandated honor code, and it would be nice to see something like this occur.

ltaylor
Banned
Banned

Postby ltaylor » Tue 26 Aug, 2014 11:56

Please understand that if you were to accept my ideals of National Populism and a one server controlled guild, or a guild controlling server with areas designated for wars, events, newbie zones, and the like, we could possibly kill what is left of this game and herald it into the next stage. Microsoft.

Return to “Lyra”