Influential People of Mira

Lord Ted
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: [III]
Galaxy: Alpha

Influential People of Mira

Postby Lord Ted » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 06:48

So I'm just generally interested to see who people think are the influential people on this server almost a year after it's start. This just isn't some simple list of GM's but I mean all of them. The people who carry weight in the server but don't have a title of GM. The list can still have GM's but this goal is to bring to light others.

Simple format:

Name:
Server Influence: (1-10)
Why/what they do: (2-4 sentences)

Example:
Izanami
GM of one of the more powerful guilds in the server. A guild historically neutral in most cases though allied with HH.

Near L
Banned
Banned

Re: Influential People of Mira

Postby Near L » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 17:01

Xuan
Simply leading a top ten ;)

L
Simply managing the actual guild >_>

Vortex Mandrel
Leading a top ten guild slightly better

The future lies to those of the past, to say more is quite simple: The past was in the hands of Imperium, and so shall the present, and future be.
Erls
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Only the best
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Erls » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 03:18

Its funny what/who people think are important.

80% of the power is behind the scenes power on Mira.

LOVE/1st/SoT/DREAM/~HH~/KING Stream Killer
That's just bollocks and you know it. One-on-one you guys have proven time and again no one GUILD can compete against you. How is that gonna change when your recipe doesn't change.
Near L
Banned
Banned

Postby Near L » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 03:20

Erls wrote:Its funny what/who people think are important.

80% of the power is behind the scenes power on Mira.

I agree with this.

The future lies to those of the past, to say more is quite simple: The past was in the hands of Imperium, and so shall the present, and future be.
Goter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Goter » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 03:37

ZOO
Not the best GM in AE history, but I will be ashamed if he was not mentioned as a good fellow. He certainly had earned my trust with how he handled the 40's during the early days.

Need a new quote.
SpeedySurfer
Banned
Banned
Guild: M: SEXY
N: TIME

Postby SpeedySurfer » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 15:30

This thread will simply be filled with biased opinions.

M: SEXY | N: TIME
Near L
Banned
Banned

Postby Near L » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 19:44

But my opinion is fact

Lord Ted
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Lord Ted » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 20:35

Speedy understands the thread. It's meant to be biased to show who people think have the power in the server. I'm just interested in who the movers are in the server besides the GM's. The people behind the GM's.

SpeedySurfer
Banned
Banned
Guild: M: SEXY
N: TIME

Postby SpeedySurfer » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 21:51

Lord Ted wrote:Speedy understands the thread. It's meant to be biased to show who people think have the power in the server. I'm just interested in who the movers are in the server besides the GM's. The people behind the GM's.
In that case:

Me (SpeedySurfer)

Generally being awesome

M: SEXY | N: TIME
Kalypso
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Kalypso » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 21:54

We all are powerful. GM's would be useless without the players but, I like Awol.

He's patient and easy to work with. Always a pleasure playing with him. I like that he involves the whole guild in making decisions and dosen't just tell us what we're doing. I've been in some guilds that the GM treats the game as if it was the Military. That's no fun.

If this were on Beta, i could name a lot of people but, i'm a noob.

A HUG IS LIKE A STRANGLE YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED YET

Welcome to the hand basket my friend. Guess where we're heading?
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Thu 21 Mar, 2013 06:10

Sarduakar of ~HH~ was very influential; his one conversation secured from me what the combined fleet might of Orz and ~HH~ could not: my agreement to surrender, ending the war between 2usic and ~HH~/Orz

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Skilgannon

Postby Skilgannon » Sun 24 Mar, 2013 14:47

Like him or loathe him you'd be a fool not to count Balol as one of the most influential peoples on Mira.

Awol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: FAIL

Postby Awol » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 05:24

As near as I can tell politics is non existent on Mira. Those in power hold significant enough advantage over the rest that they don't need to scheme or manipulate. They don't need any new friends and they don't have to worry about pissing anyone off. Its hard to be influential without actually changing anything.

There are several people on Mira with the capacity to influence the server but why would they when they can ride easy mode to the finish line?

Lord Ted
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Lord Ted » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 06:19

I would be bold enough to say that when you lead a guild there are certain people whose pm's help you decide things. I know how you run your guild, so probably harder to find a single person whose pm's drastically change your opinion, but the leaders ultimately are never running things solo, and those people standing next to the GM in their decisions are influential, but less noticed. Like in SEXY there are four people who help run that guild, though the ultimate call is tossed to one person.

For example in the case of SEXY:

Gordan Ramsay - Advises Izzy, as well as directly in control of many military operations and the structure of the guild.

Trippster- From what I heard from him, and others in the guild he was a important part of the history of the teens. At least politically through all the factions and helped lead all the teen guilds except for Erls's old guilds.

Lord Ted- Advises Izzy on how to look at the server dynamics and how to handle things in the future tense. Advises many players and brings an older sense of experience to the guild.

lilsammy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: M: ~HH~
Galaxy: Mira

Postby lilsammy » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 20:05

This is retarded there is no grand power play in Mira its all about fleet size...

"Oh those guys have a lot of fleet, we better pact or invade them!"

Themis: "we don't know the admins and are lower than pondlife in the general pecking order of AEstuffs."

Return to “Mira”