izanami
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: M: [NSFW]
B: [S³D]
Galaxy: Mira

Re: Balor last dance !!!

Postby izanami » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 01:29

Sarah-bunny wrote: anyway, i'd be upset if i made an account and quit a server, and the new owner either moved all the bases to another cluster (happened to me once), deleted all the bases and quit (happened to me also once), logged in one time and then let it go UC (f.u. war beaver >.< ) or if they joined to an enemy guild (as quake did)

if i had been quake i would have returned the zap zap account and taken a vacant account in sexy or w/e else guild he wanted to join... isn't really fair to the person whose work you took over to drag it to an enemy.

and if i had been balor i would have tried to recover the account on the off chance the admin who processed the request was a dolt and let zap zap get it back. i wouldn't have expected it to work, but would have tried...
If people care so much about the accounts and what happens to them, maybe they shouldn't give them up in the first place?

When you give an account to someone, its theirs. Unless you expect everyone to be your little puppet, as Balor does. So one guy started the account, does that dismiss all the hours upon hours and MONEY that Quake put into it? Not to mention all the work that Quake put into doing derb splits and crap for Balor and Co time after time. I'm pretty sure he earned whatever he was given. He didn't just leave for an enemy guild. They trashed him on one server and prior to that made NUMEROUS threats of "cross server consequences"...what's someone to do, just sit there and wait to be derbed? You can justify the actions because its your friends doing them, but if you were in the position that he was in you might be singing a different tune.

We also weren't enemies until Balor decided to make it so. We still had a long-standing pact when Quake joined us. But once again, bc Balor likes to use his guilds to exact his personal revenge across multiple servers, so used a made up injustice on another server as an excuse to drop pact on Mira, AFTER Quake joined. So you might want to take that into account as well.

Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery spaceboat crashes.
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain, that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 01:36

Goter wrote:
SilverKnight wrote:
Shark Bait wrote:SK is there actually anyone u like more than Balor? :whisle:

Back a long time ago I offered a year upgrade to the guy who made Balorragequit

Looks like no one is gonna collect it since he is gone by fod maggotry
Upgrade Wizard.
Nah.

Balor doesn't bother me. I see him as a player who found a method that works for him and he has a few friends who are willing to help him out to advance him as a cap stacker.

There will always be at least one guy on the server who does that. In Kappa, Misery did that method. In Gamma, I did it. In Delta, Fuzara did it. Balor is not really any worse than any of the GM of a top 3 guild in any of the servers in their hey day.

If it wasn't Balor, some one else getting the number 1 would be wearing the mantle of the incarnation of all evil.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
lilsammy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: M: ~HH~

Postby lilsammy » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 07:36

SilverKnight wrote: If it wasn't Balor, some one else getting the number 1 would be wearing the mantle of the incarnation of all evil.
This is my point exactly and I don't see why others don't see it this way.

Ted & Izzy do you think people would be coming to the forums to tell everyone how great and honorable you are if you were rank 1 on the server?

I mean really... come on...

Themis: "we don't know the admins and are lower than pondlife in the general pecking order of AEstuffs."
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 07:40

Well, yes, and if that were all Balor was doing, he wouldn't be either.

jks

Postby jks » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 08:42

lilsammy wrote:
SilverKnight wrote: If it wasn't Balor, some one else getting the number 1 would be wearing the mantle of the incarnation of all evil.

Ted & Izzy do you think people would be coming to the forums to tell everyone how great and honorable you are if you were rank 1 on the server?

So you really can not tell the difference between a cheater No1 and an active worthy No1?

There is LMF in HH, the most active player i've ever seen. i've seen his playing, i've talked to him and i i've come to respect him even if he hard occs 10ths of my guilds bases. I can not hate a player that plays 16hrs a day because he has a huge econ and exceptional growth. And i will not hate him if he is no1.
You have something against LMF? a player with 20k/hr econ?

Now Balor...is not honorable and can not be respected by anyone not because he is or was No1. He is not No1 on every server anyway. The problem with Balor is how obvious is his cheating and how arrogantly as a cheater behaves. I'm sure that that kind of person have no ones respect in real life.
A piece of trash was ruling the game play (that is 1000nds of hrs) of other players, threatening them and finally deciding for them where they will play and who their friends will be. A person that was paying proxies to be able to control 20+ other accounts and derb or threaten players via them.
In juno after i started killing 1st occs, a 1st player attacked 15 of my bases all with 20prings and 15+ CCS. Left 1000 HC/4000FT on every base and never collected the derbs. That player was so active that i killed alone all his fleet in 10 of my bases until his "controller" realized that his plan to use one of his multi's was not going so good. Now imagine to have so many accounts like that and hit whatever you want, collect anytime you want while your account grows fed by 3 times more credits than anyone else in the server.

He was a plague not No1. He did not even made a single attack on any active player.
So cut the crap about BALOR...and let his friend Addex try to persuade everyone in here that he and his clan were/are clean players and pros(loooooool).
Even a retard could be no1 in this game by using so many multies.
That *beep* is not believed now even by the morons that so many years followed them from server to server and bow to their "superior" or "cheaterior" playing.

In fact "Balor and friends" gaming is like having a beautiful gorgeous wife that you can not please in bed, so you let some others (the multies) take care of her. Your wife has a wide smile every day as he holds your hand walking beside you but EVERYBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU.

Common Sense

Postby Common Sense » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:11

Wlerin wrote:There's nothing quite like an account you've built yourself from the ground up.
Of all the worthy candidates from Wlerin's contributions to these forums, this one gets my rep point. :clap:
Myself, I would not even want to try anything else.

lilsammy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby lilsammy » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:02

jks wrote:So you really can not tell the difference between a cheater No1 and an active worthy No1?
I am in ~HH~ so this may sound silly but....

Do you think if LMF wasn't in ~HH~ he would be number 1? A players success is closely linked to that of their guild.

No disrespect to LMF or anyone high ranked that doesn't cheat but if they weren't in guilds that did back-room deals and broke rules and did "questionable" sorts of things they wouldn't be so high ranked.

Themis: "we don't know the admins and are lower than pondlife in the general pecking order of AEstuffs."
jks

Postby jks » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:33

lilsammy wrote:
jks wrote:So you really can not tell the difference between a cheater No1 and an active worthy No1?
I am in ~HH~ so this may sound silly but....

Do you think if LMF wasn't in ~HH~ he would be number 1? A players success is closely linked to that of their guild.

No disrespect to LMF or anyone high ranked that doesn't cheat but if they weren't in guilds that did back-room deals and broke rules and did "questionable" sorts of things they wouldn't be so high ranked.
So what is the average econ of HH or average fleet? How many occs you have and how many times you go back to re-occ someone that is active?
HH has these presence because of LMF, fzar, beets and 2-3 more players. It is not HH that made them what they are. It is them that made HH what it is. The rest 80% of HH are simmers that login less than 1 hr a day and therefore can not be compared with players like LMF.

lilsammy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby lilsammy » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 12:24

While I will agree they make the guild have a presence but without the other 80% simmers as you put it, what would stop a bigger guild taking those 3 - 4 players out?

Your argument it flawed.

EDIT: what I mean is without the rest of the guild at there back they wouldn't be able to do what they do, I am not saying they are not highly skilled and active but I still think what you are saying is wrong.

2nd EDIT:
jks wrote: He was a plague not No1. He did not even made a single attack on any active player.
I just noticed that and laughed, although I am in ~HH~ now early server in the first big crash when we were running from the 50's to lowers under Chansey, Balor took out my entire mobile.

Or did you mean bases alone? Even if you did many players make their credits from fleet hits only, not that Balor has / hasn't I am just pointing out your continued hate fuelled posts are not always well thought out and make sense.

At least stick to fact and keep emotion out of this as it seems your sheer hate for Balor is getting the best of you.

izanami
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: M: [NSFW]
B: [S³D]

Postby izanami » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 15:07

lilsammy wrote:

I'm not saying that Balor deserves ALL the crap he gets, because yeah there is always going to be the haters that are truly jealous of his "success".

But I've witnessed first hand, personally, what he is capable of. The bad stuff. The breaking the rules, violating someone's trust/privacy and exploiting that to do some serious damage to them stuff. This goes beyond being dishonorable. Dishonorable is lying/manipulating/carrying cross server drama/breaking pacts/etc. Stuff that actually does go on quite often in the game and we are forced to accept it as a part of the game. My issues aren't with that. My issues are with the "other things" - and not to say he is the only one using those tactics, but that doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery spaceboat crashes.
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain, that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.
Awol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: FAIL

Postby Awol » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 15:19

Balor is trash as a person and a player. In 7 years working with and against top players on multiple servers I have never met a more prolific cheater, a more militant force against balance but worse of all I have never encountered someone as devotedly dishonest. Balor stood for everything we hate about the game. From Zergs, to hacking he did it all. 20+ multies, feeder accounts, suicides, cross server revenge, support for inactivity, betrayal of pacts, unjustified KDs, the list is endless.

Yes other people cheat, yes other people lie but no one did it as frequently or to the extent that Balor did. Him being deleted along with some of his top multies can only be good for the game. Consider it AE 1.4

jks

Postby jks » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 19:56

lilsammy wrote:While I will agree they make the guild have a presence but without the other 80% simmers as you put it, what would stop a bigger guild taking those 3 - 4 players out?

Your argument it flawed.

EDIT: what I mean is without the rest of the guild at there back they wouldn't be able to do what they do, I am not saying they are not highly skilled and active but I still think what you are saying is wrong.

2nd EDIT:
jks wrote: He was a plague not No1. He did not even made a single attack on any active player.
I just noticed that and laughed, although I am in ~HH~ now early server in the first big crash when we were running from the 50's to lowers under Chansey, Balor took out my entire mobile.

Or did you mean bases alone? Even if you did many players make their credits from fleet hits only, not that Balor has / hasn't I am just pointing out your continued hate fuelled posts are not always well thought out and make sense.

At least stick to fact and keep emotion out of this as it seems your sheer hate for Balor is getting the best of you.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Wait for you and derb you after you being recall trapped??? That is really a major evidence of his skills!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: That attack could be the answer about where did he find all these credits to explode grow his acc.
I was so wrong about him, i thought he cheated and now you blown my illusion. :biglaugh:

lilsammy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby lilsammy » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 20:08

jks wrote: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Wait for you and derb you after you being recall trapped??? That is really a major evidence of his skills!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: That attack could be the answer about where did he find all these credits to explode grow his acc.
I was so wrong about him, i thought he cheated and now you blown my illusion. :biglaugh:
Well actually we landed and tried to win the crash there was no recall and it was Orz waiting for us in the 50's not ~HH~ you might want to assume less not everyone recalls sometimes they try to win and thats what we did they beat us its as simple as that.

Many blamed Chansey which I didn't think was entirely fair.

Shark Bait
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [Whats a guild?]
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Shark Bait » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 21:43

I don't approve of Balor and his tactics for winning and I guess it's fair to say many would agree. If the history of the last 3 servers is anything to go by then what's happened recently was along time in coming imo.
The sad part about it from what I have seen is a lot of the bs was completely unnecessary. The guild/cross servers is good enough to win through more honest means if it means that much to them.
You can be a victim of your own success and start to believe your own press. Balor was not alone in this process however.
The inner circle played their part, stood by cheering and applauding and encouraging others to do so and thus fueling the monster so to speak. if you had to pick one member of that 'circle' who would qualify as a morale compass you'd have a tough time.
When you feel invincible you can become arrogant and contemptuous. Balor didn't climb on to that oh so high pedestal unaided.
Ultimately I believe it was his own folly that brought about his demise but he had good teachers.
I don't believe for 1 second we have seen the last of him on Mira or any other server for that matter but if we had it would take multiple servers after this one before a good few here could wash the blood off their hands.
Time to move on.

Themis wrote:I'm not impressed with the goats. :neutral2:
Livestock threads belong in tavern.
Themis
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Themis » Sat 12 Oct, 2013 01:20

and on that note, subject is closed

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!

Return to “Mira”