Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions)

User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19482
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Wlerin » Thu 31 Oct, 2013 20:17

Vaters wrote:@ NovaLink,
The reason BS didn't come up is because of the decreasing cost to armour/power ratio that units are subject to. They may be the second best fleet to have inactive though. Wlerin's recent point covers the rest of the details really well. They can also be shot effectively by more units I think, though this may not be entirely true... HC only have two realistic, viable ways to kill them, FR and CR imo. Mass levis, mass HC vs mdium HC, and HB are all moderately plausible alternatives, but have disadvantages.

iirc, IF+FT vs. naked HC isn't horrible either.

User avatar
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:29
Reputation: 33
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby GundamMerc » Thu 31 Oct, 2013 22:03

I feel that I have been overly anal the past few days. Therefore, I will now post a picture completely unrelated to this topic. Enjoy.

Image

Enjoy the last two seconds of your life.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19482
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Wlerin » Thu 31 Oct, 2013 22:15

That's a deathstar glassing a planet. It's completely related to this discussion. >:U

User avatar
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:29
Reputation: 33
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby GundamMerc » Thu 31 Oct, 2013 22:24

Wlerin wrote:That's a deathstar glassing a planet. It's completely related to this discussion. >:U


Actually it's Exterminatus, which is a step below what a deathstar does... it merely turns all organic matter into a highly explosive compound through a virus, and then shoots it with a laser to cause a massive world-wide firestorm. This reduces the planet to bare rock, as well as burning off all the oxygen in the atmosphere.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19482
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Wlerin » Thu 31 Oct, 2013 22:27

GundamMerc wrote:
Wlerin wrote:That's a deathstar glassing a planet. It's completely related to this discussion. >:U


Actually it's Exterminatus, which is a step below what a deathstar does... it merely turns all organic matter into a highly explosive compound through a virus, and then shoots it with a laser to cause a massive world-wide firestorm. This reduces the planet to bare rock, as well as burning off all the oxygen in the atmosphere.

i.e. glassing. What, you thought a deathstar's main gun had only one setting?

User avatar
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:29
Reputation: 33
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby GundamMerc » Thu 31 Oct, 2013 23:01

Wlerin wrote:
GundamMerc wrote:
Wlerin wrote:That's a deathstar glassing a planet. It's completely related to this discussion. >:U


Actually it's Exterminatus, which is a step below what a deathstar does... it merely turns all organic matter into a highly explosive compound through a virus, and then shoots it with a laser to cause a massive world-wide firestorm. This reduces the planet to bare rock, as well as burning off all the oxygen in the atmosphere.

i.e. glassing. What, you thought a deathstar's main gun had only one setting?


No, just that I had the artwork there commissioned for my fluffeh fennec fursona(who you can see watching the fireworks with disinterest), so I should know exactly what is doing what. <.< (is being overly anal again.)

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19482
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Wlerin » Thu 31 Oct, 2013 23:11

As if that were in any way relevant. :snooty:

User avatar
OG Kush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 957
Joined: Fri 28 Dec, 2012 21:04
Reputation: 31
Guild: C/Devil
F/SL
H/187
I/WL
N/BBW
8)
Galaxy: Nova

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby OG Kush » Fri 01 Nov, 2013 01:03

Impressed? I am not.

High like a pyramid.

I don't always play AE. But when I do, I prefer win.
User avatar
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:29
Reputation: 33
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby GundamMerc » Fri 01 Nov, 2013 03:32

OG Kush wrote:Impressed? I am not.


Hush you. It wasn't meant to be impressive, just distracting. <.<

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
User avatar
OG Kush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 957
Joined: Fri 28 Dec, 2012 21:04
Reputation: 31
Guild: C/Devil
F/SL
H/187
I/WL
N/BBW
8)
Galaxy: Nova

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby OG Kush » Fri 01 Nov, 2013 13:41

the only thing that distracted me is the reflection being completely wrong.

High like a pyramid.

I don't always play AE. But when I do, I prefer win.
User avatar
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:29
Reputation: 33
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby GundamMerc » Fri 01 Nov, 2013 13:51

Before you judge, you go ahead and do a picture with a reflection in the glass window. I'd want to see it. In fact, do it livestream with a bunch of people watching, just to up the pressure.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
User avatar
OG Kush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 957
Joined: Fri 28 Dec, 2012 21:04
Reputation: 31
Guild: C/Devil
F/SL
H/187
I/WL
N/BBW
8)
Galaxy: Nova

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby OG Kush » Fri 01 Nov, 2013 13:53

GundamMerc wrote:Before you judge, you go ahead and do a picture with a reflection in the glass window. I'd want to see it. In fact, do it livestream with a bunch of people watching, just to up the pressure.


lol I couldn't do it. But I can quite easily figure out which side of the face would be in the reflection.

/edit: Maybe I am wrong, and that is merely a ghost in space staring back at him :s

High like a pyramid.

I don't always play AE. But when I do, I prefer win.
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19482
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Wlerin » Fri 01 Nov, 2013 14:53

Lighting in whatever century this is obviously plays fast and loose with what you and I know as the principles of physics.

Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed 25 Nov, 2009 23:40
Reputation: 71
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal
Galaxy: Helion
Location: Stop Looking At Me!

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Purge » Fri 01 Nov, 2013 23:21

My HC stacks have generally been designed as cap killers. Given that when I quit J I was rank two XP, had nearly exclusivity been shooting up spec and only out of first place for XP by a trivial amount, I think it was fairly effective. And, yes, I'd shot more than one LE stack (some BS and DN as well). I had no carriers, and was generally the 1st go to guy for shooting caps. At peak size, no CR fleets on server could get positive ratios on me, and only a couple of FR could. The key to effective anti-cap HCing is all about size and pure specing.

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
User avatar
Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu 29 Aug, 2013 17:53
Reputation: 12

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Nova Link » Sat 02 Nov, 2013 00:27

Purge wrote:My HC stacks have generally been designed as cap killers. Given that when I quit J I was rank two XP, had nearly exclusivity been shooting up spec and only out of first place for XP by a trivial amount, I think it was fairly effective. And, yes, I'd shot more than one LE stack (some BS and DN as well). I had no carriers, and was generally the 1st go to guy for shooting caps. At peak size, no CR fleets on server could get positive ratios on me, and only a couple of FR could. The key to effective anti-cap HCing is all about size and pure specing.


So what sage advice would you give to someone who was spec'ing as a cruiser spec in order to take on HC's since it seems that HC's are so effective against most everything? :?

Best Message yet:
[WKYSB] NightStalkerBalor
lol that's annoying....You are annoying :bleh:

Return to “Nova”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest