Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions)

User avatar
Maverick [BBW]
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu 16 May, 2013 22:07
Reputation: 12

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Maverick [BBW] » Sat 02 Nov, 2013 00:43

Nova Link wrote:
Purge wrote:My HC stacks have generally been designed as cap killers. Given that when I quit J I was rank two XP, had nearly exclusivity been shooting up spec and only out of first place for XP by a trivial amount, I think it was fairly effective. And, yes, I'd shot more than one LE stack (some BS and DN as well). I had no carriers, and was generally the 1st go to guy for shooting caps. At peak size, no CR fleets on server could get positive ratios on me, and only a couple of FR could. The key to effective anti-cap HCing is all about size and pure specing.


So what sage advice would you give to someone who was spec'ing as a cruiser spec in order to take on HC's since it seems that HC's are so effective against most everything? :?


Well my advice would be: "Build LOTS of 'em!"

Veni, vidi, edi
User avatar
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:29
Reputation: 33
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby GundamMerc » Sat 02 Nov, 2013 09:24

Have a new question available for discussion here.

What do you think the next moves of the top guilds will be? Please list out the top 5 guilds, along with your opinions for each.

That is now another past question.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
User avatar
Shark Bait
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun 30 Dec, 2012 22:14
Reputation: 21
Guild: [Whats a guild?]
Galaxy: Nova
Location: 3rd Star to the right

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Shark Bait » Sat 02 Nov, 2013 11:26

Lets cut the crap and get right to the heart of it, and it really doesn't matter what guilds are in the top 5
Zzzzzz. :sleep:

Themis wrote:I'm not impressed with the goats. :neutral2:
Livestock threads belong in tavern.
User avatar
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:29
Reputation: 33
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby GundamMerc » Sat 02 Nov, 2013 11:43

Shark Bait wrote:Lets cut the crap and get right to the heart of it, and it really doesn't matter what guilds are in the top 5
Zzzzzz. :sleep:


Thank you for your incredibly thought provoking and productive response. I'm sure it took you a long time pondering the question to come up with that response. Especially since you completely failed to read the question.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
User avatar
Vaters
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue 16 Jun, 2009 23:18
Reputation: 34
Guild: WKYSB
Galaxy: Nova
Location: Kingston Ontario Canada

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Vaters » Sat 02 Nov, 2013 18:43

Nova Link wrote:
Purge wrote:My HC stacks have generally been designed as cap killers. Given that when I quit J I was rank two XP, had nearly exclusivity been shooting up spec and only out of first place for XP by a trivial amount, I think it was fairly effective. And, yes, I'd shot more than one LE stack (some BS and DN as well). I had no carriers, and was generally the 1st go to guy for shooting caps. At peak size, no CR fleets on server could get positive ratios on me, and only a couple of FR could. The key to effective anti-cap HCing is all about size and pure specing.


So what sage advice would you give to someone who was spec'ing as a cruiser spec in order to take on HC's since it seems that HC's are so effective against most everything? :?


A CR fleet can shoot an HC fleet of approximately equal size for profit (assuming naked HCs, meaning the fleet was FT dropped in advance). Same with Frigates. So basically the idea is if you want to kill really big HC fleets, your only option is to be really big and powerful yourself. Otherwise, build HBs lol (which suck because of limited uses but some people really like them - with a a few hundred K HBs, you never go broke, because you can take out those smallish fleets over forts without having to shoot the defenses). I would personally never build HBs.

- NightStalker on Nova
User avatar
Shark Bait
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun 30 Dec, 2012 22:14
Reputation: 21
Guild: [Whats a guild?]
Galaxy: Nova
Location: 3rd Star to the right

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Shark Bait » Sat 02 Nov, 2013 21:11

GundamMerc wrote:
Shark Bait wrote:Lets cut the crap and get right to the heart of it, and it really doesn't matter what guilds are in the top 5
Zzzzzz. :sleep:


Thank you for your incredibly thought provoking and productive response. I'm sure it took you a long time pondering the question to come up with that response. Especially since you completely failed to read the question.


If i was to post what i really thought it would take a bit of effort. I simply took the thread question to it's lowest common denominator. Ur butt hurt because by doing this you don't get the brownie points u crave.
What you should do is create a forum for your guild and King players only.
That way you can all pat each others backs and tell each other how wonderful u all are and how awesome you are at whats a spreadsheet game that no one in the real world gives a rats *beep* about.
Grow a pair and tell us your opinion instead of looking for others to give you your lead.

Themis wrote:I'm not impressed with the goats. :neutral2:
Livestock threads belong in tavern.
User avatar
Vaters
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue 16 Jun, 2009 23:18
Reputation: 34
Guild: WKYSB
Galaxy: Nova
Location: Kingston Ontario Canada

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Vaters » Sat 02 Nov, 2013 21:39

That was funny shark bait, but I'm always laughing at the people who mock the internet spreadsheet text based browser game they play, not with them.

- NightStalker on Nova
User avatar
Shark Bait
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun 30 Dec, 2012 22:14
Reputation: 21
Guild: [Whats a guild?]
Galaxy: Nova
Location: 3rd Star to the right

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Shark Bait » Sun 03 Nov, 2013 01:37

I only know this Vaters because none of my RL friends will play AE and think I'm weird for doing so... :paranoid:

Themis wrote:I'm not impressed with the goats. :neutral2:
Livestock threads belong in tavern.
Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed 25 Nov, 2009 23:40
Reputation: 71
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal
Galaxy: Helion
Location: Stop Looking At Me!

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Purge » Sun 03 Nov, 2013 02:26

Vaters wrote:
Nova Link wrote:
Purge wrote:My HC stacks have generally been designed as cap killers. Given that when I quit J I was rank two XP, had nearly exclusivity been shooting up spec and only out of first place for XP by a trivial amount, I think it was fairly effective. And, yes, I'd shot more than one LE stack (some BS and DN as well). I had no carriers, and was generally the 1st go to guy for shooting caps. At peak size, no CR fleets on server could get positive ratios on me, and only a couple of FR could. The key to effective anti-cap HCing is all about size and pure specing.


So what sage advice would you give to someone who was spec'ing as a cruiser spec in order to take on HC's since it seems that HC's are so effective against most everything? :?


A CR fleet can shoot an HC fleet of approximately equal size for profit (assuming naked HCs, meaning the fleet was FT dropped in advance). Same with Frigates. So basically the idea is if you want to kill really big HC fleets, your only option is to be really big and powerful yourself. Otherwise, build HBs lol (which suck because of limited uses but some people really like them - with a a few hundred K HBs, you never go broke, because you can take out those smallish fleets over forts without having to shoot the defenses). I would personally never build HBs.


This and make sure you get your ft to CR ratio right. But, really, you should be building FR to kill HCs. They do a better job.

The only real answer is be a large fleet yourself though.

I should mention in the early days of my J HC stack I killed LOTS of CR stacks. I significantly outsized them and I'd simply naked slam all the ft heavy CR stacks. Typically you make north of 50% doing it.

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
User avatar
Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu 29 Aug, 2013 17:53
Reputation: 12

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Nova Link » Sun 03 Nov, 2013 03:41

Purge wrote:The only real answer is be a large fleet yourself though.

I should mention in the early days of my J HC stack I killed LOTS of CR stacks. I significantly outsized them and I'd simply naked slam all the ft heavy CR stacks. Typically you make north of 50% doing it.


Makes me wish I wouldn't have spent all those credits on my carriers and just put those into my cruisers. :scared:

Best Message yet:
[WKYSB] NightStalkerBalor
lol that's annoying....You are annoying :bleh:
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19415
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 584
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Wlerin » Sun 03 Nov, 2013 07:57

Vaters wrote:(assuming naked HCs, meaning the fleet was FT dropped in advance).

Not as much of a concern with CR as with FR, except in that the FT cover of both the attacking CR and defending HC shoot each other before they do any protecting of the main units, and FT shooting FT isn't usually profitable. I'd expect a shield-heavy CR fleet could profit naked, though it might have to outsize the HC+FT a little.

User avatar
Vaters
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue 16 Jun, 2009 23:18
Reputation: 34
Guild: WKYSB
Galaxy: Nova
Location: Kingston Ontario Canada

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Vaters » Sun 03 Nov, 2013 17:38

Shark Bait wrote:I only know this Vaters because none of my RL friends will play AE and think I'm weird for doing so... :paranoid:


Sometimes my friends judge me too :( lol

- NightStalker on Nova
User avatar
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:29
Reputation: 33
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby GundamMerc » Fri 08 Nov, 2013 21:02

Next question from the main thread now available.

Who would you say is the most influential guild leader (barring Balor) in Nova currently?

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
User avatar
Maverick [BBW]
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu 16 May, 2013 22:07
Reputation: 12

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby Maverick [BBW] » Sat 09 Nov, 2013 00:46

GundamMerc wrote:Next question from the main thread now available.

Who would you say is the most influential guild leader (barring Balor) in Nova currently?


I didnt answer it before but i will answer it now. At this point, it is Misery. He has a choice and the future of NOVA will depend upon the choice he makes.

Veni, vidi, edi
User avatar
War MachineX
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun 04 Aug, 2013 21:11
Reputation: 2

Re: Fluffeh Fennec's Fabulous Frolic in Nova (Past Questions

Postby War MachineX » Sat 09 Nov, 2013 12:46

Maverick [BBW] wrote:
GundamMerc wrote:Next question from the main thread now available.

Who would you say is the most influential guild leader (barring Balor) in Nova currently?


I didnt answer it before but i will answer it now. At this point, it is Misery. He has a choice and the future of NOVA will depend upon the choice he makes.


misery is my intern, and puppet, I am the real leader of legio, he just gets blamed for the mistakes i make



o and what about a missile spec against a hc fleet?

bomber/frigs i might play the next server for fun and bust this combo out


Return to “Nova”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests