the spin stops here, I clearly speak the truth :)

ConsortiumCzar
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: the spin stops here, I clearly speak the truth :)

Postby ConsortiumCzar » Wed 16 Apr, 2014 07:40

I find it hilarious that after all of these years the same people still try to impress each other here as if it were an elementary school yard.

Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Nova Link » Wed 16 Apr, 2014 08:06

I'm talking with a person right now in =AM= who is like that (Spleefman Spliff) cough cough. For some reason people believe doing the dumbest things qualifies them as a genius and saying the most bloviated opinions makes them think they are all-knowing.

For the past year I've been using the game as a tiny petri dish of human behavior under different circumstances. I pick and prod, goad and tease in order to see what kind of reactions people get over internet data. It has been a remarkable experiment which I have found fascinating on so many levels.

The quantity of ignorance was baffling at first, but once you start seeing the mindset of the average "good" player here, you just see someone who is looking for awards for existing...

Best Message yet:
[WKYSB] NightStalkerBalor
lol that's annoying....You are annoying :bleh:
Shark Bait
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [Whats a guild?]
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Shark Bait » Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:50

I try to take an interest and take this game seriously but then I either fall asleep or get drunk and party!
Even when I make a decent hit my reward only amounts to... well...Print!
Can honestly say the high's have been much better playing flash games with a room full of players on vent and leading them in to battle.
Y the hell do I still play this boring game? :think:
Beats me!

Themis wrote:I'm not impressed with the goats. :neutral2:
Livestock threads belong in tavern.
Vaters
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: WKYSB

Postby Vaters » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 03:27

Nova Link wrote:I'm talking with a person right now in =AM= who is like that (Spleefman Spliff) cough cough. For some reason people believe doing the dumbest things qualifies them as a genius and saying the most bloviated opinions makes them think they are all-knowing.

For the past year I've been using the game as a tiny petri dish of human behavior under different circumstances. I pick and prod, goad and tease in order to see what kind of reactions people get over internet data. It has been a remarkable experiment which I have found fascinating on so many levels.

The quantity of ignorance was baffling at first, but once you start seeing the mindset of the average "good" player here, you just see someone who is looking for awards for existing...
At first I thought wow, someone else who sees that the game can be a scope through which to observe human behaviour and human nature... then I realized it was coming from you... and this image popped into my head

I'm sure you're learning lots

- NightStalker on Nova
Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Nova Link » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 08:01

I actually have learned a lot from people in this game, especially you, Vaters. The more I act stupid and bellicose, the more I'm able to learn who people really are behind their online facade and how they respond to events and interact with others from around the world; as well as from different cultures.

The greatest spy isn't the a Lord at court with the King, but the court jester whom everyone overlooks as the knave. Purposefully playing most of the people on these forums, acting as the common troll, has allowed me to understand the psyche of gamers, especially MMO gamers, quite well.

A simple reduction of the data I collected, however brief hat summation may be would neither be adequate or appropriate for this forum. Although I'm guessing for most "forum warriors", a simple tl;dr is the common retort to this, or, for the more simplistically minded among us, retorts in the form of an image or gif found online; to the scant amusement of others. :whisle:

Best Message yet:
UEF
Guild: [ACE]

Postby UEF » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 11:35

Nova Link wrote:I actually have learned a lot from people in this game, especially you, Vaters. The more I act stupid and bellicose, the more I'm able to learn who people really are behind their online facade and how they respond to events and interact with others from around the world; as well as from different cultures.

The greatest spy isn't the a Lord at court with the King, but the court jester whom everyone overlooks as the knave. Purposefully playing most of the people on these forums, acting as the common troll, has allowed me to understand the psyche of gamers, especially MMO gamers, quite well.

A simple reduction of the data I collected, however brief hat summation may be would neither be adequate or appropriate for this forum. Although I'm guessing for most "forum warriors", a simple tl;dr is the common retort to this, or, for the more simplistically minded among us, retorts in the form of an image or gif found online; to the scant amusement of others. :whisle:
I seriously hope you're joking, cause devoting any length of time to the "collection of data" on the psyche of someone playing an internet browser game, has to be the saddest thing i've ever heard

Shark Bait
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [Whats a guild?]

Postby Shark Bait » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 13:16

I think the futility of posting any remarks on human nature or behaviorally trends is flawed on games such as these in the sense that we all pretend to be something we are or at the very very least something we are not.
We all want to be Mr or Mrs perfect but in reality it takes to much effort so compromises are made. Loyalty and integrity in the main is based a lot on geography within the game as opposed to just general human standards.

Themis wrote:I'm not impressed with the goats. :neutral2:
Livestock threads belong in tavern.
Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Nova Link » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 18:30

UEF wrote:
I seriously hope you're joking, cause devoting any length of time to the "collection of data" on the psyche of someone playing an internet browser game, has to be the saddest thing i've ever heard
Apparently you've never done a study on behavior before...or have you even studied anything? But I digress...

Unless you get a large enough amount of data collected over a lengthy period of time, the results will be inaccurate at best, and a futile waste of time at most. Most data collection studies take years, even decades to complete to study how behavior changes over time when exposed to different variables in life.

Given how annoying it has been to gather this data in this game and dealing with the immaturity of this collective game society, a year would more than suffice to provide the adequate information needed to demonstrate the changes in personality and demeanor.

On the other hand, I did manage to re-experience a game I played long ago and enjoyed then. It has been quite enjoyable. Especially seeing the changes made in game by developers although the length of time at which changes have come have been un-gratifyingly slow.

Best Message yet:
Hulks Father
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Juno

Postby Hulks Father » Fri 18 Apr, 2014 03:30

This "research" would only work if it was an honest reaction, or at least understand the individual motives of the posts on here

I come to this forum for strategic reasons, And how i conduct my self is not even close to the real me...

Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Nova Link » Fri 18 Apr, 2014 06:49

Hulks Father wrote:This "research" would only work if it was an honest reaction, or at least understand the individual motives of the posts on here

I come to this forum for strategic reasons, And how i conduct my self is not even close to the real me...
That has been calculated and taken into account. It's why this has taken a year and many, many PM's as well as forum posts to figure everything out and gauge people correctly.

My efforts were somewhat thwarted when the purge of multi accounts took place as they were some of my prime candidates for study. That was a sad time...

Best Message yet:
Hulks Father
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Juno

Postby Hulks Father » Fri 18 Apr, 2014 09:59

lol at least half the server is a multi

Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Nova Link » Fri 18 Apr, 2014 18:09

Hulks Father wrote:lol at least half the server is a multi
It isn't quite half, however, there is a large percentage which is. I can't discuss because of obvious forum rules, however, you are almost correct with your presumption. How people write, the words they use most often all reveal who's who in this game.

Best Message yet:
ConsortiumCzar
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby ConsortiumCzar » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 18:16

@Vaters: If that's really how you feel about the VIDEO GAME. All I can do is laugh at you the same way I laugh at the other try-hards

LOL

To even consider the possibility that you can learn anything about human behavior in such extreme conditions ON THE INTERNET just highlights your personal disconnect from reality.

G G L I F E

Return to “Nova”