A Shameful Act

Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: A Shameful Act

Postby Yertle » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 04:01

Overlord Baal wrote:
Yertle wrote:Even if English his second language he must have at least taken a grammar coarse in grade school right?
Is this the most awkward sentence on this thread? Yertle, what an ironic disaster you are. You remind me of a character in a film, Dinner with Schmucks. Only with you it would be Dinner with Retards.

OLB
Only little boys don't like yertle engrish?

He mad

Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Yertle » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 04:25

thehare wrote:
Griffin Vengeance wrote:
Those are excuses, and poor ones at that. Lies and betrayal are immoral; to suggest otherwise is baffling.
Not going to read the entire thread, but this made me chuckle. To this I say: So what? We play to win the game, we don't limit our chance for victory just to give you a "fair shot". We had a friend who snuck into your guild and he backstabbed you when it was most opportune, why wouldn't we take that shot? I said this before and I'll say it again, this is, for all intents and purposes, a war game. There is very little room for your "e-honor", it simply gets in the way of victory.
No point reasoning with them Hare. They do not get it.

They do not know the difference between Lies/betrayal and incompetence.

Yertle could make a detailed long list of trace/baal management errors. But whats the point. They would just deny those things are legit and continue until the next failure.

Just as an example. They let king make them think they were riddled with spais and there was just one the entire time. And not even the entire time. And then they labeled entire guild untrusted on their dsis. While the one spai had total access.

That people is failure.

And the predictability was off the charts. yertle need no spai's to guess the one of three likely places trace is going to. Or watch ibelol a few times and then just bank on him repeating same things over and over until the 00's is riddled with new bases bought by him.

And then lead them to think their lack of tactical ability is because of all the spais and boom trace and baal paranoia and greed then eliminate their entire guild from participation.

But hey. They can always just spend their few cognitive resources blaming all the other people for "cheating."

Last lesson for you olb.. successful people blame themselves. losers never do.If yertle knew nothing about ae but only read forum yertle would know baal was going to lose.

Vaters
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: WKYSB
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Vaters » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 05:12

Yertle wrote: Last lesson for you olb.. successful people blame themselves. losers never do.
This is the truest single difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

- NightStalker on Nova
Griffin Vengeance
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Griffin Vengeance » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 07:55

thehare wrote:
Griffin Vengeance wrote:
Those are excuses, and poor ones at that. Lies and betrayal are immoral; to suggest otherwise is baffling.
Not going to read the entire thread, but this made me chuckle. To this I say: So what? We play to win the game, we don't limit our chance for victory just to give you a "fair shot". We had a friend who snuck into your guild and he backstabbed you when it was most opportune, why wouldn't we take that shot? I said this before and I'll say it again, this is, for all intents and purposes, a war game. There is very little room for your "e-honor", it simply gets in the way of victory.
Oh honey, I don't play on Nova. I just stumbled upon this thread by accident and am deriving a great deal of entertaiment from it. I never resorted to these tactics, even when they were employed against my guild on Alpha (spies and suicides) and I was successful regardless. Your guild employed those tactics when from what I can see of the numbers, you didn't even need to. That's fine, of course. The server will apparently die after this crash, so it does make a degree of sense to just go all in. There's no point playing nice when the world is about to end, I suppose. It just bemuses me that in this kind of scenario, even in an irrelevant game, we humans have a tendency to be ruthless.

BEWARE THE MONKEY.

Former NPO GM
***Retired***
El3ndil

Postby El3ndil » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 11:36

@ KING

I can sort of understand why you guys would resort to dirty tricks to try and win. Personally, I'll admit that I might resort to dirty tricks too if I wanted to win badly enough.

What I don't get is why you guys felt the need to do this when victory was practically 100% guaranteed.

PS: I should also mention that I'm surprised there was very little lag in the crash.

Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Yertle » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 16:46

El3ndil wrote:@ KING

I can sort of understand why you guys would resort to dirty tricks to try and win. Personally, I'll admit that I might resort to dirty tricks too if I wanted to win badly enough.

What I don't get is why you guys felt the need to do this when victory was practically 100% guaranteed.

PS: I should also mention that I'm surprised there was very little lag in the crash.
Stop drinking the Kool-aide. Why didn't Sls do better? The only SLS hit I saw from entire guild was Uriel smacking his CR in a LE stack.

Post your BR's since the lag wasn't there and you did so well.

El3ndil

Postby El3ndil » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 19:06

I never said SLS did well and I never said I did well. Stop being defensive.

All I asked was a simple question, why did you guys feel the need to resort to tricks when you were already winning?
The only thing you achieved was risk alienating people in your playerbase who cared about "ehonour".

To me, it just looks like an objectively bad decision on your part.

Overlord Baal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Q:Oh My God It's So Big!

Postby Overlord Baal » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 21:21

Vaters wrote:
Yertle wrote: Last lesson for you olb.. successful people blame themselves. losers never do.
This is the truest single difference between those who succeed and those who fail.
NS, I like you, but that's really too cute and devoid of intelligence.

I have been 'zeroed' more times than I care to remember throughout my years, and I've zeroed plenty of other fleets too. To my shame my ratio is probably 2:3 against. I digress. I have never been zeroed by a multi-spy / whatever you want to call it. It is certainly not 'my fault' that SLS's top accounts were suicided on by Kingzerg plants, in actions sanctions, endorsed and sponsored if not run by the Kingzerg leadership. You may be trying to blame me for not having used this cheating, disgraceful tactic myself, but that say more about you than me.

OLB

Overlord Cyberius Ba'al the Infinite
Overlord and Phareon of the Infinite Necron Galactic Dynasty
https://www.facebook.com/cyberius.baal
Overlord Baal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Overlord Baal » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 21:23

thehare wrote:
Griffin Vengeance wrote:
No, no you didn't. You had a ring of multis in SLS. There is a minor, er, major difference.

OLB

Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Yertle » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 23:07

No point reasoning with them Hare. They do not get it.

They do not know the difference between Lies/betrayal and incompetence.
haha told you. See how that "ring" of one really killed their competent management.

Yet Ba'al stole derbs from small players, verbally abused own players, suicided own players fleet, lied repeatedly to own players, required entire guild to stay parked on blob for all eternity,, whored all derbs shamelessly etc etc

Yet it was Kings "ring." Who wasn't even directly associated with King.

It must be embarrassing to be a guild run by those guys.

Can we have more brand new account anonymous posters plz. I mostly appreciate the credibility of their opinions :roll: :headshake:

Overlord Baal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Overlord Baal » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 23:27

Yertle, let's dissect.
Yet Ba'al stole derbs from small players,
I did not ever steal any derbs. In fact I was often stolen from.
verbally abused own players,
Errr...?
suicided own players fleet,
Nope. I was sui'd on three times, though, maybe you're confused.
lied repeatedly to own players,
Examples please?
required entire guild to stay parked on blob for all eternity,,
I wasn't GM, and it was really the only strategy we had available, what with 5:1 clusters against us at the beginning of the Kingzerg.
whored all derbs shamelessly etc etc
This I find the most amusing. You weren't party to LS chat, but I was always the last to ask for any derbs and normally argued that I didn't require any. One argument I had with Cannon went on for about two days until Midway ordered me to build a reserve for repairs in a crash.

Never let facts in the way of a good story, eh.

I do love the way you're attempting to deflect from the multi-sui'ing which Valar has already admitted was him. If you want to talk AE strategies when heavily outnumbered please start a new thread.

Kind regards,

OLB

Krieger-Q
Guild: BACON - Q
RIBS - R
KING - N

Postby Krieger-Q » Tue 24 Nov, 2015 23:56

Complainers change their complaints, but they never reduce the amount of time spent in complaining.
- Mason Cooley

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Overlord Baal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Overlord Baal » Wed 25 Nov, 2015 00:19

Krieger-Q wrote:Complainers change their complaints, but they never reduce the amount of time spent in complaining.
- Mason Cooley

"I will complain until the complaint is properly investigated"
- Overlord Ba'al

Look what I found.

Regards.

OLB

Krieger-Q
Guild: BACON - Q
RIBS - R
KING - N

Postby Krieger-Q » Wed 25 Nov, 2015 01:59

Oh I get it. It's like humour, but different.........
- Krieger

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Baylor » Wed 25 Nov, 2015 02:13

Revelation 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Last edited by Baylor on Wed 19 Oct, 2016 04:55, edited 1 time in total.

important topics in Christian apologetics:

Return to “Nova”