A Shameful Act

TRACE
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Omega

A Shameful Act

Postby TRACE » Sat 21 Nov, 2015 22:44

It was my intent that my next and probably last post on Nova forums would be to congratulate the King/WKYSB/WTF? players on their victory and their leaders believe it or not.
Events this morning changed all that for me I'm sad to say ..... I'm sure you all know now, SLS was was sui'd by Emrys zeroed my 165mil fighter swarm along with Harbringer , Dorothy and Swisher sweet and war rabbit << all fighter swarms

Magma , Valar , Nightstalker

Was 18bil v 8bil not enough of an advantage for you ? you really had to stoop that low ? u really needed concrete assurance of victory to save face ??
You really had to take all the anticipation and goodness out of this imminent crash for both sides ? that has been 3 years in the making, you would go that far to deny us the little chance we had , to deny your own members the victory they deserve ? all you have achieved is deliver a hollow victory and to drag your own names through the gutter and betray the respect and expectation built up by your own player base, many of whom i play multiple servers with and have huge respect for !

Before you try insult the intelligence of myself and the rest of AE membership whether they be friend or foe , and try pass this off a personal issue or disgruntled player blowing off steam deciding on his own accord , and before u jump on here and deny all 3 of you were not complicit in this action and that it was not a tactical sui

please note the following

all our fighter swarms were hit ..... you are worried about your 18 bil armada with far superior fleet avgs not being able to sync against our 8bil .... so u want to disable our swarms that will target your IFs ... in order to disable our caps quickly as possible

before u deny anything pls read

Valar is a guy i considered a friend ... chatted and joked on skype regularly ... I was in IMP on omega with him , i was in Solid on andro with him and before they flipped allied to him on nova .... yes we are pitted against each other now on nova and are competing for victory on Quantum against each other , but for me the respect and fun factor and the challenge against a very capable leader was always there !
So plz excuse me for a minute while i tear that dagger out of my back FRIEND..... and as i write you this, and as u thrash talk me as a player and a leader on the king boards to cover up your true worth and your fear of manning up and admitting what u did ... plz plz remember buddy what goes around comes around old friend ;) i wont stoop to your lvl and thrash talk you, there is no need ill just let u keep going , dont worry about me ive broad shoulders .. the day i need any of you 3 to validate my character or leadership will never come

Magma - you blocked me recently , for a pm i sent you trying to provoke u into action , and thats all it was so plz dont take such offense, as to call it an attack on u , We are tired of being Zerg'd so hard forced into a sandbag defense style strategy and fighting the entire server on our own ... im sure u can forgive me for trying to push a little towards a conclusion considering your advantage, and it was more banter and curiosity than anything malicious ! I dont know you at all , but one of your replies to me went something like "i like to surround myself with class , good people" well just like your coming victory that statement will ring hollow all across AE after what u rubber stamped today , you consider that today "Class" ? then your lost im afraid .... I challenge u to come on here and publicly deny you were complicit in this !
You remember your answer to me in pm ? "I can get one of my 15 firends in SLS to sui you" Class lol my arse

You guys could of just sui'd me ? why destroy 3 years of building of all those other guys and take away the fun crash they had been hoping for after getting their bases thrashed for 2 whole weeks and defending for 2 years

hope your proud of it .... its no wonder Balor has lost his player base , washed up and reduced to talkin nonsense

stalag
Guild: IMP

Re: A Shameful Act

Postby stalag » Sat 21 Nov, 2015 22:52

I should add here that the GM's of KING, WKYSB, and WTF? without warning, derbed their ally BOW. How do I know? I was there when I requested help a week before they without warning or honor backstabbed an ally. Apparently, there are many in the game without any honor. This is not the first time I have heard of this either. Maybe Valar might do the honorable thing, but I doubt it at this point!

IrishEyes
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Love-Audi-1st-OMG-DOG-PM-GOAT

Postby IrishEyes » Sat 21 Nov, 2015 23:00

Well said....

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Sat 21 Nov, 2015 23:06

stalag wrote: Apparently, there are many in the game without any honor.
Welcome to 2008.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Overlord Baal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Q:Oh My God It's So Big!

Postby Overlord Baal » Sat 21 Nov, 2015 23:33

It is especially shameful since SLS LS were debating the tactics to be used and we decided, quite rightly, that we would not use such tactics, and we explicitly ruled out any sort of cross-server BS going on. This was a unanimous decision; there is nothign but cowardice in these acts, there is no fun, there is no honour, there is no victory.

I am thirty million years old, and it now looks like I shall be slain within the week. I will die proud knowing my solenoids and pistons and coolant gave their all without giving away the final piece of humanity left within me. SLS was right to declare war on King and come to our ally Legio's aid. We were right to warn BoW of King's intent. We were right to warn WTF? of King's intent. And we will be right to die this week knowing that we have not cheated, or multi'd, or stooped so low with such filthy tactics as the zerg. The alliance will fight on in spirit long after our ships are wasted; the alliance will never give up. But we will go with our honour, and as you strike us, as you kill us, we will be neither on our knees like WTF? nor using the dark arts; we will die as honouable warriors, the sorts of men our mothers would be proud of and our fathers taught us to be. You will have won, but you will never be happy, your children will weep, your wives and girlfriends will cringe, your parents will slap your faces. You will have your victory, but you will live your pitiful lives cursed and shamed until death takes you to the deepest, darkest circles of hell where you will relive your shame a million times over and a million times again.

Overlord Cyberius Ba'al the Infinite
Overlord and Phareon of the Infinite Necron Galactic Dynasty
https://www.facebook.com/cyberius.baal
Bah Humbug

Postby Bah Humbug » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 00:19

Been a while since Ive made my way to the Borumz. Couldnt figure out how to get into my old account so made a new one.

It's always the "enemies tactics" that causes someone to lose I guess... according to the losers

Fleets get derbed in AE. It happens, dont cry.
Overlord Baal wrote: And we will be right to die this week knowing that we have not cheated, or multi'd, or stooped so low with such filthy tactics as the zerg.
If youre going to try to take the "high-road, super-honor, honest" route, you should try to stick to facts.

The way that SLS is able to multi so well is actually one of the most admirable things about the guild. Impressive really.

Borrowed this from King Board
Valar Morghulis{WTF} wrote:
Noone shud be shocked that Trace was sui'd. When youre stupid and you always call people out while you sit in the 40s and dig in, and you only include 5% of your players on ops and you hyperfeed the upper echelon of leadership crew and leave the rest to starve and watch paint dry, that is what happens. It cud easily happen to one of our crew too by someone begrudged. They hapen to be going at Iblis, but wudnt be shocked if Balor or I got suid. Its expected. No one can go a 3 year server without pissing anyone off.

The fact that you dont know that Traces rage will always get the best of him and that he is highly incompetent in any LS position, and completely incapable of any level-headed decision once he is mad, is rather suprizing, having played under him for a while on the newest crap server that pits me against Trace, yet again. Guess he's had the luxury of leaning on elite players there, to carry his lack of brains.
Difference on N is Trace only has Ba'al lol. Ba'al's most useful contribution to Nova has been threatening to eat people for not scouting enough and proclaiming that his spaceboats are hungry. We all know that they have never been used to hit an enemy and that you have whored all the kickderbs HC and Below for your own. Even got mad at ppl for hitting stuff. "I cud have hit that for no loss" -- feeding Ba'al goes into the top 10 biggest mistakes u could make column I think. Guy is useless.

With Trace and Ba'al at the helm it's like the blind leading the blind over there.

You guys have done nothing but sit and wait to die. You can thank us for blessing you soon and dispatching you to greener pastures. Although if the sheep wander onto another farm that Trace is the Caregiver and Shepherd for, you might as well plan on sitting and waiting to die again, watching the other sheep around you whither away.

Griffin Vengeance
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Griffin Vengeance » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 00:44

Bah Humbug wrote:E-peen/arrogant gloating victor nonsense/general idiocy
I accidently clicked on this thread on the forum homepage and thought "heck, let's give it a read for giggles". I didn't giggle, but I did chuckle, so thanks Nova. :)

Setting aside Retard McChuckles up there, it's a shame to see suicides. It's a cowardly tactic, and the use of multis to make it happen is just...yeah. Wasteful, unnecessary, politically retarded, sad; all words that are appropriate, at least to me. Incidentally, even setting aside Retard #2's Skype admission in the OP, any suicider who says nothing before or after the suicide is a multi. That is rather blatantly obvious. To top it all off, however, those numbers are really abysmal. You can only get 8 bill out of 18 to sync? Are you kidding? And you use your multis to target the fighter stacks? /facepalm

Anywho, hi Nova. Thanks for making me laugh, and for making me sad. Have fun.

/Alphaninjapost

BEWARE THE MONKEY.

Former NPO GM
***Retired***
stalag
Guild: IMP

Postby stalag » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 00:47

Bah Humbug wrote:If youre going to try to take the "high-road, super-honor, honest" route, you should try to stick to facts.

The way that SLS is able to multi so well is actually one of the most admirable things about the guild. Impressive really.
Talking just to blow smoke up your *beep*? I am unconvinced that KING WKYSB and WTF? are not multi's Too many of your fleets are not active simultaneously. In this case, I think that you are doing it and trying to shift the blame. In fact, when I called for help as a VGM of BOW, trying to find someone who was alive was like pulling hens teeth. Most of you are inactive players that are master simmers that do nothing. At least I saw SLS trying to be active and what you say makes no sense whatsoever.

As part of Valar being right
The fact that you dont know that Traces rage will always get the best of him and that he is highly incompetent in any LS position, and completely incapable of any level-headed decision once he is mad, is rather suprizing, having played under him for a while on the newest crap server that pits me against Trace, yet again. Guess he's had the luxury of leaning on elite players there, to carry his lack of brains.
You apparently have not actually played with him and worked with him. From what I saw in IMP, Trace was a much better player than you were. You do know some of the mechanics of the game, but from what I saw in BOW as well as IMP, you my friend are a long way away from being honorable and top flight yourself. IMHO TRACE and Irish Eyes are far better and more reliable than you are.

Vaters
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: WKYSB
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Vaters » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 00:49

Dear TRACE,

Everyone wanted the current server stalemate to end. I made a solid effort for about a year to end it with a super-ninja effort on our part. A year man. That's a year for you to likewise do something. You did make a few attempts, but you made very few good attempts... My opinion on any ninja attempt is that it doesn't matter how many times you fail, you just need to succeed once to devastate an enemy. You didn't try enough, and finally we decided to just end this. You asked for it too, not sure how serious you were, but you did with Magma.

You took over SLS in a bad position, and I've no interest in talking about all the different stepping stones that brought the server to where we are now. But I want to throw you a bit of a bone and say that I realize it's not fully your fault for not masterminding and spearheading a game changing play for your crew. I get that you were in a bad spot.

But the point your making is a little bit whiney. You think we've played three years to get to this point and give you what you call an honest shot? We did give you an honest shot. That was taking a year to get to this point. That was trying to super-ninja our way to a victory rather than just WH launch you to death.

So yes, we had a massive ace up our sleeve this entire time. It was an HC stack friend of ours in your guild. And when the time came for maximum effect, we pulled the trigger. Sorry not sorry. That's called playing intelligently. We're not denying you your honest chance. We're just ending it with total victory.

Random suicides are horrible. But a tactical suicide is just a strategic play. They're done for completely different reasons. One is someone angry, leaving the game, and decides to ruin something someone else has spent years building and loving, just because they don't care anymore. I couldn't imagine anything worse.

But a tactical suicide... that's an enemy sneaking into your guild and making a strategic play for victory. And if you don't play like that, you shouldn't be a GM of any guild. There are immoral plays in AE, but few immoral tactics, and this certainly isn't one.

It seems like you play the game you wish this were, rather than the one it is.

- NightStalker on Nova
DamnYankee
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby DamnYankee » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 01:35

I generally don't talk much on the borumz before a crash but figured what the hell here.

I have a ton of respect for Irish and while I don't know Trace as well he is leading the largest non Balor guilds on 2 servers I play which would seem to indicate some ability to manage.

I have yet to see there not be cross server politics in this game. It simply is human nature to get payback, or to sway allies on other servers to your cause on another server. The sui that took out the fdroppers was dirty and low but from a tactics standpoint it was brilliant.

As far as multis go I have come to believe I am one of the few players on a server that don't multi. All sides have players that do and really the reason it happens is because players get away with it. Don't blame people bending and breaking rules when it happens, blame the incompetent admins of this major suck game for not being able to create a server where cheating is nearly impossible. Instead they run servers where they pretty much have to allow multis just to keep player numbers up. Pretty said crap and a pretty sad crappy game.

I myself have given up on AE ever improving. I actually go on the 2.0 server borumz just to type, "Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0." Quantum will be my last server and when I finally delete/hand the keys over/go inacto on the last server I quit, I will gladly wash my hands of this suck *beep* game forever.

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...
Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
Griffin Vengeance
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Griffin Vengeance » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 01:38

Vaters wrote: But a tactical suicide... that's an enemy sneaking into your guild and making a strategic play for victory. And if you don't play like that, you shouldn't be a GM of any guild. There are immoral plays in AE, but few immoral tactics, and this certainly isn't one.

It seems like you play the game you wish this were, rather than the one it is.
Those are excuses, and poor ones at that. Lies and betrayal are immoral; to suggest otherwise is baffling. They're strategic plays, sure, but they're still underhanded deceptions in an online spreadsheet game. Suiciding is also moronic since you had such an immense numerical advantage. Better by far to slip the spies back to your side, do an outright crash (with the risk of them suiciding you), then win. You appear trustworthy and become the "good guys" of Nova, while the unnecessary suicides have the opposite effect. It provides fun Saturday night entertainment for me while I cook, but it screws your guild(s) politically.

By the by, the excuse "everyone else is doing it" is cowardly. I was GM of NPO for well over a year on Alpha, and during that time I never used spies, multis (with one exception, holding an account for someone on deployment) or suicides. By the time I retired from being GM, NPO had won its greatest ever victory and had collected something like 3 bill debris. You can succeed as a GM without resorting to such tactics, even when others are.

BEWARE THE MONKEY.

Former NPO GM
***Retired***
Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Yertle » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 01:45

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Really trace? I quit reading when I got to the third lie.
You did not build that account for three years.
Your account was killed by enemy ninja while sitting useless off blob in N47.
Somebody gave you that account.
So please stop crying.

But please, don't let yertle interrupt, tell us with more about your great honor code:roll:

Why does your i have such honor only troll people for noble causes only other people cheat blah blah blah sound familiar?
Oh yea.. That's the exact same stuff OLB says.
Just let him talk from now on.
So it is less redundant.

DamnYankee
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby DamnYankee » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 01:48

Griffin Vengeance wrote:... You appear trustworthy and become the "good guys" of Nova, while the unnecessary suicides have the opposite effect. It provides fun Saturday night entertainment for me while I cook, but it screws your guild(s) politically...
Therein lies the issue of an Alpha server player looking on non Alpha forums. Sorry dude no issue with political fallout on non Alpha servers. Once this crash happens this server is dead. The only non Alpha server with a first letter over C that isn't dead is Quantum. The issue with this horrible game is except for Alpha all AE servers should have been finite. Again see my comments above. The admins and game owners are clueless how to manage sustainability in their own product.

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...
Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
Griffin Vengeance
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Griffin Vengeance » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 02:36

DamnYankee wrote:
Griffin Vengeance wrote:... You appear trustworthy and become the "good guys" of Nova, while the unnecessary suicides have the opposite effect. It provides fun Saturday night entertainment for me while I cook, but it screws your guild(s) politically...
Therein lies the issue of an Alpha server player looking on non Alpha forums. Sorry dude no issue with political fallout on non Alpha servers. Once this crash happens this server is dead. The only non Alpha server with a first letter over C that isn't dead is Quantum. The issue with this horrible game is except for Alpha all AE servers should have been finite. Again see my comments above. The admins and game owners are clueless how to manage sustainability in their own product.
I suppose that's a fair point. The last crash on Alpha felt somewhat apocalyptic (the numbers were insane), but there is still the general sense that the server has a couple of years left in it. I imagine things would be very different for a younger server to have divided into a two-bloc structure and face the annihilation of the weaker bloc without any political separation of the larger one (just guessing that based on the pattern of other servers). That changes the whole psychology of it.

BEWARE THE MONKEY.

Former NPO GM
***Retired***
Krieger-Q
Guild: BACON - Q
RIBS - R
KING - N

Postby Krieger-Q » Sun 22 Nov, 2015 02:55

Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy -- the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation.

Eric Hoffer, The Passionate State of Mind

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Return to “Nova”