Chronicles and strongholds of Omega V3, Return of the OP

Saxon1812

Re: Chronicles and Strongholds of Omega V2

Postby Saxon1812 » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 10:03

Take ILL for example, it makes it seem like they failed when in reality, it was a mutually decided merger.
Lol, ILL were getting their a**ses handed to them, so does that count still as a "mutually decided merger"?

FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 17:14

Saxon1812 wrote:
Take ILL for example, it makes it seem like they failed when in reality, it was a mutually decided merger.
Lol, ILL were getting their a**ses handed to them, so does that count still as a "mutually decided merger"?
Yeah, CROW got their asses handed to them mostly, but they would've survived for about another montyh but it would've killed lower 20s so they merged into IMP IE a mutually benefitial merge, Forced merges are when you press them so far into a corner that your members start leaving before a merge is decided, look to upper 20s where we force merged the decent players.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
BGoneWithU
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Retired - A/B/C/D/M/N
Active - O

Postby BGoneWithU » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 21:23

Saxon1812 wrote:
Um, last I checked, no they didn't. There were a few galaxies that they got heavily farmed in, but the large majority of them never got hit except for maybe by DC in the early days and by ARM/Steam later on in the ID vs. Steam/ARM conflicts.

10-12 were always safe, 13 and 14 got farmed, 15 was safe, 16 got farmed, and the ILL in 17-19 joined up with ID early on.

I'm no one important. I just make observations.
Hempcat
Guild: H:[TFL] O:[OFACE]
Galaxy: Helion

Postby Hempcat » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 21:49

BGoneWithU wrote:
Saxon1812 wrote:
Um, last I checked, no they didn't. There were a few galaxies that they got heavily farmed in, but the large majority of them never got hit except for maybe by DC in the early days and by ARM/Steam later on in the ID vs. Steam/ARM conflicts.

10-12 were always safe, 13 and 14 got farmed, 15 was safe, 16 got farmed, and the ILL in 17-19 joined up with ID early on.
Shortly after 17-19 joined ID those in 14 joined STEAM. The writing was on the wall. Ill was doomed.

Of the People, For the People, By the People...
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 21:50

Well, i'm just gonna make all of you mentally prepared to put ARM on here in the list of guilds that bit the dust, it's bound to happen soon.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Hempcat

Postby Hempcat » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 22:03

FrostyGoblin wrote:Well, i'm just gonna make all of you mentally prepared to put ARM on here in the list of guilds that bit the dust, it's bound to happen soon.
IMO its done happened. ARM is fARM. Its what braindead LS gets you. Personal grudges should never be put above guild survival. Thats just plain.... you know 8-)

BGoneWithU
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Active - O

Postby BGoneWithU » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 00:21

FrostyGoblin wrote:Well, i'm just gonna make all of you mentally prepared to put ARM on here in the list of guilds that bit the dust, it's bound to happen soon.
I'm debating on whether to ever put them on there. While they may have occasionally made it into the top 10 guilds, they weren't consistently top 10.

FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby FrostyGoblin » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 10:47

BGoneWithU wrote: I'm debating on whether to ever put them on there. While they may have occasionally made it into the top 10 guilds, they weren't consistently top 10.
In my opinion the top 10 guild rule is a good basis but it all needs to go on a case to case basis, look at BORG, I would not call them a top 10 guild even though they're in the top 10, or ID whose outside of top 10 but is miles better than BORG, this does however remove =FF= or Br.Ba since by this defenition they were never top 10. But it's not my thread so you go ahead and decide, I just feel like in this case it's worthy of adding.

Burgess
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Burgess » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 13:03

ARM was a top 10 guild IMO. They had proper avgs and were capable of doing things back in the days. They just decided to make a wrong decision thats all.

BGoneWithU
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Active - O

Postby BGoneWithU » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 21:16

The "Top Ten" and "Top Ranks" limitations lead to interesting interpretations imo. Take RAWR for instance. They're a truly "leet" guild, but I cant feel right about giving them a rank leader spot since they dont have any of the hindrances that normal guilds face. Same with ARM and ID. None of these guilds hold/held dominance in their cluster even if they are still moderately important to the going-ons of their respective clusters.

Personally, the guilds that most deserve top recognition are guilds that hold the majority of the galaxies in their cluster and have a decent member base. Guilds with 10-40 people, while still important, are usually groups that have played together previously and have only prerecruited decent players whereas the major guilds in each cluster have to deal with randoms and lower quality players.

I may have to end up breaking down the rank leader positions into multiple levels so that the "leet" guilds get the recognition they deserve without downplaying the great efforts the larger guilds have made.

Also, I agree with the Br.Ba and =FF= critiques, however they both held the 1 and 2 spots whereas the highest ARM has ever reached was maybe 5. Br.Ba and FF only held those spots because of their very high member count whereas ARM held their spot due to political maneuverings and a decent player base, but they dropped below the top 10 on several occassions. Also, I dont like to include guilds in the list that bit the dust until the guild has disbanded, or for all intents and purposes is dead. The large majority of ARM members are still playing and the guild is still intact, even if their dominance in their new cluster is extremely debatable.

BGoneWithU
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Active - O

Postby BGoneWithU » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 01:09

Everything should be completely up to date right now, with the exception of maybe the rank toppers. If anyone sees anything wrong, feel free to comment.

Hempcat

Postby Hempcat » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 02:21

BGoneWithU wrote:Everything should be completely up to date right now, with the exception of maybe the rank toppers. If anyone sees anything wrong, feel free to comment.
Very well done bud. But O16 should now be Oface as 90% of the farms have disbanded. Oface is now in complete control.

BGoneWithU
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Active - O

Postby BGoneWithU » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 02:47

Hempcat wrote:
BGoneWithU wrote:Everything should be completely up to date right now, with the exception of maybe the rank toppers. If anyone sees anything wrong, feel free to comment.
Very well done bud. But O16 should now be Oface as 90% of the farms have disbanded. Oface is now in complete control.
The reason I've left it as farmlands for now is because OFACE has a very low base count there right now. I'm sure it will grow as people get base 16 and 17, but for now it's not populated enough to be considered a stronghold galaxy.

Luftwaffe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Luftwaffe » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 06:30

BGoneWithU wrote:
Hempcat wrote:
The reason I've left it as farmlands for now is because OFACE has a very low base count there right now. I'm sure it will grow as people get base 16 and 17, but for now it's not populated enough to be considered a stronghold galaxy.
Might as well change 10-19 to OFACE.

E:FTW / F:WoG / G:GLAM / O:OFACE / N: KING / S: SMUG / J2.0: GAME

And a bunch of others guilds that were worse than those previously mentioned.
BGoneWithU
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Active - O

Postby BGoneWithU » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 06:47

I'll do it after the final official merger. Technically, 16 needs like 40 more bases to be considered an OFACE SH galaxy. Unless you're counting OFAME bases as well. I'll probably change it when I change the rest, just for cohesiveness.

Return to “Omega”