Pegasus P&W Tavern (now with 80% more Alicus, and tears)

Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal

Re: Pegasus P&W Tavern (now with 80% more Alicus, and tears)

Postby Purge » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 06:55

Having actually bothered to read the forums again till now...

I didn't want to play P and had no real interest. I was feeling AE burned out and had serious RL plans. I played anyway because:

1) Addex is a persistent bugger.
2) He promised that we were going to help China win and wouldn't be stuck with running another server after everyone RQs. Semi payback, they hadn't won one and they are skilled, they are trustworthy, functionally compatible with our leadership and reason 3. P would be China's long term sim server for lulzing about following the H model.
3) The tertiary goal (goal one is always tears) was to set a new record in winning a server. We would do this by starting on top the the densest concentration of opposition we could find. This is why we broadcast a 00s start then started in the 20s. We were forcing them to concentrate and leave empty space behind. And
4) We would do it as a joint victory with China who was ALSO going to do the same thing thus leaving two mostly empty clusters and max density packing the rest of the server.

Note that all of that was PRE server.

----

Also, regarding cluster D.

Some of the most fun I had on P was killing an EPA invasion fleet, one region away from their blob, jointly with my 27 guild mates using nothing but restocks. They eventually launched half their invasion force to secure the derbs and never tried to move further out that than...Despite our stupidly profitable bases.

Every time they moved off the JG in 29, they got *beep*. Then they came to 27 with half their recs gone, lost a whole fleet and wouldn't even budge at that point...So we took turns checking their activity and making life painful on their blob. Pretty sure none of them enjoyed it much.

Raping out the opposition guild in 27 with half the starting player count on day one was amusing too.

----

Hi CC!

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
Tasman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Tasman » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 09:23

I'm noticing a similar idea come up on many of the latest servers. (Notably the Royal group.)

When asked why the two biggest (by far) blocs don't decide to duke it out they reply with, "We are friends and we helped each other win the server. We will not turn on them and blah blah blah."

That seems like a stupid reason to stop having fun on a server. I've played in dead servers. Tons of fun there, login a couple three times a week to queue fleet and go back to sleep. If they were really friendly, why not decide to duke it out and have some fun?

It has been done, somewhat, before. I know on Delta after a rather large crash a couple years ago the two guild who won the crash undid their DNH and split, so as not to have another Ceti. (I'm not saying that Delta is at all an interesting server, quite the opposite.)

Either cut the crap and admit that the winners of the server won't fight each other because of the beauty of a top 20 rank or just throw down the gauntlet and have some fun.

And I Haven't got the faintest idea about what I'm talking about.
Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Addex » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 14:32

We do this for fun. Lets see a 30 minute fun blob crash and then do nothing for 3-4 months or enjoy the daily tears on how unfair it is that we dont play the way you want us to play ....sounds like a tough decision :think:

lovecraft
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby lovecraft » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 17:06

I gotta go with Addex.... who cares what strategy they employ? Find a better one and beat them with it. It is ridiculous to expect someone to not employ the most effective strategy that they know and are capable of. The open-ended nature of this game implies that there are other strategies that may prove a counter to the one Royal & MOE implemented here; the key is not to get on the forum and ask them to throw the game on purpose, but rather to find the appropriate rebuttal and effectively execute it in the game.

Surely, there must be a counter for their strategy. It has been laid out right before us all in simple terms, on multiple servers, waiting for its vulnerabilities to be exploited. If they are able to do it again and again without any active or realistic opposition, that should be embarrassing for the rest of us.

“Whoever tries to climb over our fence, we will try to climb over his house. ”
― Saddam Hussein

Vig's Battle Calc rebooted: http://chrismbaker.com/calc/
Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Addex » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 19:37

Your posts are the reason why the "you must spread reputation" rule is lame. Why should I be forced to rep random people posts before I can rep you again?

FunTimes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [CAD] [AKB48] [NASA]

Postby FunTimes » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 20:51

The only counter to a 600 player zerg is another 600 player zerg.

Lamesauce.

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Addex » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 20:54

FunTimes wrote:The only counter to a 600 player zerg is another 600 player zerg.

Lamesauce.
I recall us beating a 600+ zerg with 150 but dont let facts get in the way of your whining.

FunTimes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby FunTimes » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 21:04

Addex wrote:
FunTimes wrote:The only counter to a 600 player zerg is another 600 player zerg.

Lamesauce.
I recall us beating a 600+ zerg with 150 but dont let facts get in the way of your whining.
Don't let your delusions of grandeur get in the way of reality... if anyone believes your zerg was ever 150 players, they're a special kind of stupid.

You started in a zerg alliance with China, who beat every enemy outside of your starting galaxies for you.. MOE alone (CHAM excluded) is over 200 players, unless Royal has -50 players, your statement makes no sense.

Evil Ant
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Evil Ant » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 21:12

FunTimes wrote:
Addex wrote:

Lamesauce.
Don't let your delusions of grandeur get in the way of reality... if anyone believes your zerg was ever 150 players, they're a special kind of stupid.

You started in a zerg alliance with China, who beat every enemy outside of your starting galaxies for you.. MOE alone (CHAM excluded) is over 200 players, unless Royal has -50 players, your statement makes no sense.
This math is correct.....How did U come up with it....U must be a super star
Last edited by Evil Ant on Fri 14 Mar, 2014 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Meow Quit, SoT Quit, Royal Quit........Same thing

If U dunno no understand....I dunno know about U
-Benji-
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: lolwut

Postby -Benji- » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 21:14

FunTimes wrote: Don't let your delusions of grandeur get in the way of reality... if anyone believes your zerg was ever 150 players, they're a special kind of stupid.

Dayum. We had so much outside help that first month. When those 600 players were actually *beep* on our doormats, and we had no backup. MOE wasn't in the 20s to help us until the very end. Don't let your delusions of reality get in the way of the truth.

I root for the home team.
Evil Ant
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Evil Ant » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 21:22

Wow, U guys must be the greatest guild in AE....

I mean wow that is so great...I can't think of any guild that has done more than that.

U guy should rename U guild [ALI] The Greatest

FunTimes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby FunTimes » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 21:24

-Benji- wrote: Dayum. We had so much outside help that first month. When those 600 players were actually *beep* on our doormats, and we had no backup. MOE wasn't in the 20s to help us until the very end. Don't let your delusions of reality get in the way of the truth.
So Royal survived a zerg until the rest of their zerg (China) was able to come in and beat the other zerg.

Thanks for proving my initial statement

Evil Ant
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Evil Ant » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 21:27

FunTimes wrote:
-Benji- wrote: Dayum. We had so much outside help that first month. When those 600 players were actually *beep* on our doormats, and we had no backup. MOE wasn't in the 20s to help us until the very end. Don't let your delusions of reality get in the way of the truth.
So Royal survived a zerg until the rest of their zerg (China) was able to come in and beat the other zerg.

Thanks for proving my initial statement
More respect for the P server Overlords Please

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Addex » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 22:55

FunTimes wrote:
Addex wrote:

Lamesauce.

I was talking about other servers you know like Kappa.

We also spent over a month outnumbered in Pegasus and we were starting to win until EPA decided to join the zerg and make it 3:1, we would have won regardless of China help simply cause you all suck but it would have taken longer, the 25m fleet MOE provided let us lead the charge.

Moral of the story stop crying about how unfair AE-Life is and do something else besides coming to the forums to whine.

Saxon1812

Postby Saxon1812 » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 23:07

Purge
Unread postFri 14 Mar, 2014 18:55

Having actually bothered to read the forums again till now...

I didn't want to play P and had no real interest. I was feeling AE burned out and had serious RL plans. I played anyway because:

1) Addex is a persistent bugger.
2) He promised that we were going to help China win and wouldn't be stuck with running another server after everyone RQs. Semi payback, they hadn't won one and they are skilled, they are trustworthy, functionally compatible with our leadership and reason 3. P would be China's long term sim server for lulzing about following the H model.
3) The tertiary goal (goal one is always tears) was to set a new record in winning a server. We would do this by starting on top the the densest concentration of opposition we could find. This is why we broadcast a 00s start then started in the 20s. We were forcing them to concentrate and leave empty space behind. And
4) We would do it as a joint victory with China who was ALSO going to do the same thing thus leaving two mostly empty clusters and max density packing the rest of the server.

Note that all of that was PRE server.
That is exactly the reason why I haven't bothered playing AE and investing any further cash in this game. There are lots of people out there still trying to enjoy the game not on the server winning side but really have no hope other than as farms, and other than the early stages perhaps with Royal defending against larger numbers in one cluster where there was some competition it has otherwise been pre-ordained what was going to happen. I have been on the winning side before but it isn't fun in a dead server after it is won whether u win or u lose. It has been said before but the influence that can be brought to bear on a server before it even starts to turn it dead means I'm not interested in this game anymore. I reply to the odd forum post just to see if anything changes over time, but no real chance of that.

Return to “Pegasus”