Alicus retires from GMing, and exiles himself to [FrF]

Hermetic Order
Guild: All of them.

Re: Alicus retires from GMing, and exiles himself to [FrF]

Postby Hermetic Order » Wed 26 Feb, 2014 11:34

My stupid *beep* went an upgraded for a year... Last time I do THAT at the beginning of a server. I would say more but Caesar took the words right outta my m... Fingers. ;) :P Gluck to ABC!

HAIL CAESAR!!!

Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby SilverKnight » Wed 26 Feb, 2014 15:25

Alicus is like Alexander on the military field in AE, but like Pee Wee Herman when doing the cloak and dagger.

He does make a wonderful fleet commander for the right GM.

Good luck Ali.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Nextotus
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: [Royal]
[STRIP]
[1st]
[RD]
[WL]

Postby Nextotus » Wed 26 Feb, 2014 15:35

Hampster.. wrote:
slayerr wrote:You live in a country where mcdonalds delivers. I'd never be sad

Best post I have ever seen.

Bumped so that you all can bask in the glory of discovering McDonald's delivery. We are all victors today.

Rabid Parrots wrote:
skyy wrote:I want something to get me food, scratch my back and give me food massages while i play AE

Wouldn't it be kind of paradoxical to invent your own mother?
Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears

Postby Addex » Wed 26 Feb, 2014 15:36

If you want your McDonalds delivered you can have your McDonalds delivered. Period.

AggressiveTurtle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: 1st
SoT
USSV
AYAYA
BDSM

Postby AggressiveTurtle » Wed 26 Feb, 2014 19:05

What a tool

[02:34:48] Chrkolby: masa is a *beep*
[02:34:58] slayerr: he's like the indian version of jay z
[02:35:24] Minesh: oh god lol
AggressiveTurtle » Thu 26 May, 2011 17:45 wrote:Return of the King?? pfft i was always here >.>
IrishEyes
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Love-Audi-1st-OMG-DOG-PM-GOAT

Postby IrishEyes » Wed 26 Feb, 2014 21:22

Looking forward to the same from you in qq server buddy :pray:

armenia4ever
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: The Ghost Inside

Postby armenia4ever » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 01:17

Way to man up bro. Its hard to admit defeat and humble oneself, but you have done it. I've supported you and I love your playing style. We shall have fun on Q.

OG Kush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: C/Devil
F/SL
H/187
I/WL
N/BBW
8)
Galaxy: Nova

Postby OG Kush » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 02:42

Kudo's for "manning up" and "coming clean" after all your crap was layed out as public knowledge. derp wait what!?

PS: where is this McD's delivery?

High like a pyramid.

I don't always play AE. But when I do, I prefer win.
lovecraft
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby lovecraft » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:43

Even in defeat, wow. Sadsacks be sadsacks. Notice most of your detractors here are habitual failures and Monday* Morning Quarterbacks who've never led a decent guild ever.

+1 for a mea culpa.

Alicus, you are a great leader in certain respects, and I think this is a good "teachable moment" for the parts where you need improvement. That said, there are others involved in these situations who bear their own share of the responsibility. Untrustable randoms from the 50s, attention-hungry egos, easily swayed rubes, and guys with delusions of being pro or being leaders and playing at politics.

All things considered, I'd have done it all the same if I were given the chance, and except for a few minor changes, I think you could say the same thing.

I agree with what you said in PM: don't lead randoms.

“Whoever tries to climb over our fence, we will try to climb over his house. ”
― Saddam Hussein

Vig's Battle Calc rebooted: http://chrismbaker.com/calc/
Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Yertle » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 07:42

Agree wow. Great leader?

I guess many of you guys have never been exposed to great leadership or you would know the difference. Being hyper aggressive and rushing every blob you can kill isn't great leadership.. It is a one trick pony.

And destroying your credibility and admitting to flaming don't qualify either. Unless your goal is to fail.

Krakhofer

Postby Krakhofer » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 09:13

Wow Ali thats real deep man

Orientation
Silver Member
Silver Member
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby Orientation » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 14:37

Yertle wrote:Agree wow. Great leader?

I guess many of you guys have never been exposed to great leadership or you would know the difference. Being hyper aggressive and rushing every blob you can kill isn't great leadership.. It is a one trick pony.

And destroying your credibility and admitting to flaming don't qualify either. Unless your goal is to fail.

^ this he over rushes things heck he would have screwed up in the 50's if half the guild didnt tell him why the hell are we not doing a synced launch into 58 rather than 2 - 3 hours notice for a sync launch notice when there was roughly 10 mil enemy fleet there which he didnt even know about and had to issue a recall and claimed it was a "test" which we all know wasnt true

Fact is I recall Ali doing a similar post to this a couple of years back cant remember which server it was but oh look another repeat just like every server he creates a guild on, No doubt the same thing will happen next server that is why there is so many people here who do not care because we have all heard it all before

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears

Postby Addex » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 15:31

Orientation wrote:
Yertle wrote:Agree wow. Great leader?

^ this he over rushes things heck he would have screwed up in the 50's if half the guild didnt tell him why the hell are we not doing a synced launch into 58 rather than 2 - 3 hours notice for a sync launch notice when there was roughly 10 mil enemy fleet there which he didnt even know about and had to issue a recall and claimed it was a "test" which we all know wasnt true

Fact is I recall Ali doing a similar post to this a couple of years back cant remember which server it was but oh look another repeat just like every server he creates a guild on, No doubt the same thing will happen next server that is why there is so many people here who do not care because we have all heard it all before

To be fair thou, after the cluster *beep* in the lowers in Juno with suicides/emo/ragequitting were your guild disbanded overnite and u said u quit cause of issues IRL you dont have much room to talk lol , dumping GM into someone as you get invaded is not something Alicus has ever done, so at least points for that.

Adding this cause bashing someone for coming clean is pretty ghey.

Snozberriez
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: ~Diplo/ Co GM of DOGE~

Postby Snozberriez » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 16:08

Thx fer coming clean Ali. It takes guts to do that and hold yourself accountable. However, you haven't apologized to "those 50's randoms" whom you plotted to backstab after you were done with them. You literally couldn't have won any battles in the 50's without us, and blaming any part of your GMing demise is ridiculous. Many people now in Hmm trusted you and got to like you until they realised you were wheeling behind their backs and using s as fodder. If you apologize to us and be open to your guildmates, I'd like to be led by you again. You were a good GM, but a shady character. That being said i really enjoyed the guild community you created.

Beowulf
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Beowulf » Thu 27 Feb, 2014 16:26

Snozberriez wrote:Thx fer coming clean Ali. It takes guts to do that and hold yourself accountable. However, you haven't apologized to "those 50's randoms" whom you plotted to backstab after you were done with them. You literally couldn't have won any battles in the 50's without us, and blaming any part of your GMing demise is ridiculous. Many people now in Hmm trusted you and got to like you until they realised you were wheeling behind their backs and using s as fodder. If you apologize to us and be open to your guildmates, I'd like to be led by you again. You were a good GM, but a shady character. That being said i really enjoyed the guild community you created.

Hey Snoz, actually i've been in close contact with most who left, and they know truth of events. In fact many apologized and asked if i want them to come back, but i told them they should look after what's best for them and stay with [Hmm] or [CHAM].

I absolutely did not, at any point, plot to 'backstab' you guys. I loved having you around, you were mostly very reliable and i even modified the derb shares to accomodate rewards to 'feed' some of your accounts. I mean, i even loaned 180k to *beep*ing Biggie. You have been shamelessly lied to in this regard, by both Biggie and Psycho; here i'll quote a post of mine from another thread just last night:

Beowulf wrote:Hey Danny/Biggie,

[2:27:56 PM] WB: jesus
[2:27:57 PM] WB: I told him
[2:28:04 PM] WB: that I asked about it
[2:28:08 PM] WB: and you told me they're ABC gtfo
[2:28:15 PM] WB: I've told him like 23 times
[2:28:48 PM] WB: for someone who told me he "quit the server and handed his account over" he sure is working hard to discredit people

^^

That's coming from the person who i supposedly 'promised' to KD y'all.
That is the brutal truth of it. WB wanted to come after you, and was unhappy about me accepting you all, but i made it very clear to him that he can expect full retaliation from the entirety of ABC if he so much as touches you.

I'm really sorry Danny couldn't get you the same kind of protection now from his new overlords.

Total Reputation Points removed due to Fod Maggotry: 93

Return to “Pegasus”