Some Major Announcements From the Mighty Lowers!

Hampster..
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Gamma

Re: Some Major Announcements From the Mighty Lowers!

Postby Hampster.. » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 18:26

He was probably Seldon. Wait... where is Seldon...

I dislike living cuttlefish
Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: VIVA
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 19:08

No idea why people keep complaining about server not being balanced or server being "won" so early. That's so like 4 years ago.

I don't have a gun
FunTimes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [CAD] [AKB48] [NASA]

Postby FunTimes » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 19:47

Hampster.. wrote:He was probably Seldon. Wait... where is Seldon...
Not Seldon.. but I did rageplunder his self trades in Omega.

@Addex.. I know you don't realize it, but being GM of a subguild only makes you successful by subguild standards. You're farms with a pact.

I'm not complaining about someone winning the server, it had to happen. I don't pay much attention to server politics, I'm busy enough trying to improve my MSpaint skills for Q server. :scared:

armenia4ever
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: The Ghost Inside

Postby armenia4ever » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 21:39

I really do believe servers being won too early is a problem.  However as Added has pointed out, the game mechanics seem to further this problem.

I just wish the "end game" for a server wasnt a short 3-4 months.  Make no mistake though,  certain kinds of players assure this stagnant endgame.

Think about this: Even if Nard had won in the 20s, it looks like China would still have dominated the server and "won" it.  Will the same thing happen on Q server?

:wink:
Galivan
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Galivan » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 23:45

armenia4ever wrote: Will the same thing happen on Q server?
No need to consult the Oracle on that one. The simple answer is "Yes". Addex is already pre-pactted with the Chinese Script Mafia for however many additional servers he plans to take away from the rest of the community.

The real question is why do either of these factions in AE bother to play anymore? The only answer I can actually come up with that makes sense to me is that the leadership of these groups and perhaps a large portion of their core players are at heart a bunch of sadists. Now that's certainly not new to AE; we all love to hear people Baw on the forums and in PMs in game and re-post them on our boards like digital trophies but most of us don't set out with the intention of playing the griefer on every server in a concentrated effort to kill the game.

Mechanics of the game allow for this, and the rest of us as players allow it because we prefer to fight out our cross server grudges for 3 to 4 months and start over versus organizing massive zergs in an attempt to combat pre-pacted shenanigans.

So long story short, as long as those groups continue to play expect the same result because the rest of us, while not entirely powerless to stop it, won't.

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Addex » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 23:56

Galivan wrote:
No need to consult the Oracle on that one. The simple answer is "Yes". Addex is already pre-pactted with the Chinese Script Mafia for however many additional servers he plans to take away from the rest of the community.

The real question is why do either of these factions in AE bother to play anymore? The only answer I can actually come up with that makes sense to me is that the leadership of these groups and perhaps a large portion of their core players are at heart a bunch of sadists. Now that's certainly not new to AE; we all love to hear people Baw on the forums and in PMs in game and re-post them on our boards like digital trophies but most of us don't set out with the intention of playing the griefer on every server in a concentrated effort to kill the game.

Mechanics of the game allow for this, and the rest of us as players allow it because we prefer to fight out our cross server grudges for 3 to 4 months and start over versus organizing massive zergs in an attempt to combat pre-pacted shenanigans.

So long story short, as long as those groups continue to play expect the same result because the rest of us, while not entirely powerless to stop it, won't.
I loled, I have no idea who you are but you gotta be kidding? Yes the other side never organizes zergs right? What a tard. I had missed the cheating accusations from the sore losers, keep the tears coming :)

Galivan

Postby Galivan » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 23:59

Who said you cheated?

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears

Postby Addex » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 00:00

I guess the "chinese script mafia" is a term of endearment then uh?

Galivan

Postby Galivan » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 00:01

Are you the GM for MOE or Royal or did you forget?

AggressiveTurtle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: 1st
SoT
USSV
AYAYA
BDSM

Postby AggressiveTurtle » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 00:43

you all suck

[02:34:48] Chrkolby: masa is a *beep*
[02:34:58] slayerr: he's like the indian version of jay z
[02:35:24] Minesh: oh god lol
AggressiveTurtle » Thu 26 May, 2011 17:45 wrote: Return of the King?? pfft i was always here >.>
poeticmotion
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: I: -R-
J: UFA
K: OCD
P: Lowers

Postby poeticmotion » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 02:13

FunTimes wrote:
@Addex.. I know you don't realize it, but being GM of a subguild only makes you successful by subguild standards. You're farms with a pact.
I'm still waiting for a response to this... :whisle:
Addex wrote:
Galivan wrote:
I had missed the cheating accusations from the sore losers, keep the tears coming :)
Unfortunately, the admins of AE would prefer to suppress open and honest discussion of game issues so as to give the appearance of a clean game, at the cost of the community actually addressing their concerns.

Anyone who has played against China, or even scouted their stronghold, can point out a number of troubling pieces of evidence to suggest that there are suspicious things going on in China. However, the China guilds are largely upgraded, so I understand that AE is loathe to start banning a group of players and thus suppress their own revenue without firm evidence that they're unlikely to get.

The question is how many players will get fed up and quit AE due to the appearance that the playing field is not exactly level, thereby causing a decline in revenue to AE despite the Chinese upgrades. I don't mind losing. I've gone down fighting a number of times and enjoyed myself. I don't even mind an uneven fight; the game mechanics allow zerging and so complaining about it is counterproductive. I do mind it when a game is broken by people using tools proscribed by game rules, and the game admins don't seem to effectively enforce those rules.

That's a general statement; I do not choose to break forum rules by leveling accusations at this time. However, it is disingenuous to say that accusations equal sore losers when we're all experienced enough to know many of the signs of cheating, and many of those signs are present in certain guilds.

Pegasus: Public Information and Education Director for THE MIGHTY LOWERS, the most stupendous guild ever. Don't message me for diplo, we're at war with everyone.
How I Won Juno: Ask Me For Details!
Retired from: AE - I: -R- J: UFA K: OCD
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 03:03

Wlerin wrote:I think knew at one point who FunTimes was, though I've now forgotten. I do know he's not Kingdroid.
Drexl

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
reethok
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby reethok » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 04:28

Addex wrote:
Galivan wrote:

I loled, I have no idea who you are but you gotta be kidding? Yes the other side never organizes zergs right? What a tard. I had missed the cheating accusations from the sore losers, keep the tears coming :)
Pretty much everybody knows China cheats, even peole from YOUR group have stated it, lol.

I remember Deity complaining in the Omega forums of how dirty LOONG played ;)

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 05:24

China does not need bots. They have more available players potentially than pretty much the rest of the world.

Their population is larger than Europe and North America combined.

Think about it...

Their population is younger and more male than most other populations because of their restrictions on child bearing.

Effectively China is in real world terms the largest group of boys in the internet gaming market place.

If they didn't put on a dominant showing, it would be because they are multiple conflicting teams that server. Their pool of players is just that large.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Highland Charge
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Highland Charge » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 05:51

SilverKnight wrote:China does not need bots. They have more available players potentially than pretty much the rest of the world.

Their population is larger than Europe and North America combined.

Think about it...

Their population is younger and more male than most other populations because of their restrictions on child bearing.

Effectively China is in real world terms the largest group of boys in the internet gaming market place.

If they didn't put on a dominant showing, it would be because they are multiple conflicting teams that server. Their pool of players is just that large.
It's funny. Cause it's true.

Do I speak for my guild? No. Will that stop me from running my mouth? No.

Return to “Pegasus”