Some Major Announcements From the Mighty Lowers!

poeticmotion
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: I: -R-
J: UFA
K: OCD
P: Lowers
Galaxy: Pegasus

Re: Some Major Announcements From the Mighty Lowers!

Postby poeticmotion » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 19:47

SilverKnight wrote:China does not need bots. They have more available players potentially than pretty much the rest of the world.

Their population is larger than Europe and North America combined.

Think about it...

Their population is younger and more male than most other populations because of their restrictions on child bearing.

Effectively China is in real world terms the largest group of boys in the internet gaming market place.

If they didn't put on a dominant showing, it would be because they are multiple conflicting teams that server. Their pool of players is just that large.
The logical fallacies in this post are so blatant and epic that I hereby move that, on the AE forums, logical fallacies should now called "Silverknights."

Example: "Did you see Addex manage to string a strawman and a false equivalence into the same post? It was just full of silverknights."

Alternatively, we can assign it as a rating scale, the level of logical fail in a post being rated as zero to five on the Silverknight Scale.

Example: Wow, that post from Addex, totally a Category Four Silverknight.

Pegasus: Public Information and Education Director for THE MIGHTY LOWERS, the most stupendous guild ever. Don't message me for diplo, we're at war with everyone.
How I Won Juno: Ask Me For Details!
Retired from: AE - I: -R- J: UFA K: OCD
Jane Says
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: N
A

Postby Jane Says » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 19:53

Addex wrote: And this is the worst server so far, competition has sucked to new levels, people that we expected to fight just rolled over and die or are just plain incompetent , as I said before we expected this server to be 00/10/30 vs 20/40 (50s dont matter) but at the second month we saw the server was over with. There isnt anyone on the opposite side that is capable of leading a server war, let it be because inexperience or because they are just plain bad.
"worse server so far" really depends on your experience and expectations of the server.

Back in October..i sent this PM to Addex

Message subject: hai
Sent: Fri 11 Oct, 2013 22:37
To: Addex
Im interested in options for p server.

Misery can vouch for meh..and I have played with Balor in Ares and for a short period early Mira. I dunno wat I will do yet..but I hear you just rolfstomp servers which sounds kinda appealing atm. ;)

^^^
Now that being said...... I could have ended up in the 20s, I know lots of people in ROYAL, I had plenty of options and invites for this server. And even not knowing Addex or the way he plays...I had obviously heard stories and was somewhat interested. I have always ended up playing for the "underdog" or "2nd fiddle to the best" in all my previous servers...and was curious.

Anyway, Addex never answered me (and I didn't pursue it)...and people kept pressuring me to GM and somehow I got lucky enough to have Battle and McBride to take a chance on my tantrums and sillyness....and our little premade of 35 people starting just for laughs turned into something much bigger....

I hope the players in the 20s and 40's are having fun. I hope they get exactly what they want out of this server.

We have had a great time in the lowers. This server has been the most enjoyable, engaging server I have ever played on.......and the similar comments from other leadership and most importantly the players that are in the lowers assure me that I am not alone in that sentiment. That is what we achieved....for all our inexperience, and all our faults....we had fun.

thank you Pasta server....no regrets. no blame. just fun. <3
Last edited by Jane Says on Thu 06 Mar, 2014 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

sassy pants
Lyra, Mira, Nova, Omega, Pegasus, QQ, and then i forgot.
2.0 servers blow.
~ retired ~
Ace Rimmer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: H,Why!
K,DDoS.Server Overlords.
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 20:36

Addex wrote:And this is the worst server so far, competition has sucked to new levels, people that we expected to fight just rolled over and die or are just plain incompetent , as I said before we expected this server to be 00/10/30 vs 20/40 (50s dont matter) but at the second month we saw the server was over with.
Your always welcome to come back to K to lead the SoT die hards.

Addex wrote: Don't worry thou in 20 or 30 years I will make an account in K and claim victory. How u like them apples.

Your funny, if your gonna take that much time preplaning we will give you the server.
Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears

Postby Addex » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 20:47

Jane Says wrote:"worse server so far" really depends on your experience and expectations of the server.

Back in October..i sent this PM to Addex

Message subject: hai
Sent: Fri 11 Oct, 2013 22:37
To: Addex
Im interested in options for p server.

Misery can vouch for meh..and I have played with Balor in Ares and for a short period early Mira. I dunno wat I will do yet..but I hear you just rolfstomp servers which sounds kinda appealing atm. ;)

^^^
Now that being said...... I could have ended up in the 20s, I know lots of people in ROYAL, I had plenty of options and invites for this server. And even not knowing Addex or the way he plays...I had obviously heard stories and was somewhat interested. I have always ended up playing for the "underdog" or "2nd fiddle to the best" in all my previous servers...and was curious.

Anyway, Addex never answered me (and I didn't pursue it)...and people kept pressuring me to GM and somehow I got lucky enough to have Battle and McBride to take a chance on my tantrums and sillyness....and our little premade of 35 people starting just for laughs turned into something much bigger....

I hope the players in the 20s and 40's are having fun. I hope they get exactly what they want out of this server.

We have had a great time in the lowers. This server has been the most enjoyable, engaging server I have ever played on.......and the similar comments from other leadership and most importantly the players that are in the lowers assure me that I am not alone in that sentiment. That is what we achieved....for all our inexperience, and all our faults....we had fun.

thank you Pasta server....no regrets. no blame. just fun. <3
I totally missed that PM :oops:

Galivan
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Galivan » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 21:36

I'll say this, that Royal and China started with a plan, stuck to it, and accomplished their goal. We can debate the quality of the achievement but we can't deny it.

As for the level of competition on the server, that fault lies on Royal for pacting over 50% of the servers fleet total together and expecting anyone to try afterwards. I thought we were getting at least a Kappa type of Addex instead we got Balor from Mira pacting HH to Orz.

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears

Postby Addex » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 21:57

Galivan wrote:I'll say this, that Royal and China started with a plan, stuck to it, and accomplished their goal. We can debate the quality of the achievement but we can't deny it.

As for the level of competition on the server, that fault lies on Royal for pacting over 50% of the servers fleet total together and expecting anyone to try afterwards. I thought we were getting at least a Kappa type of Addex instead we got Balor from Mira pacting HH to Orz.
I believe you got it backwards, unless you say that us fighting Yaman/Nard/Rich and then Nard/Rich/EPA is us zerging or something, the 2.5-3:1 advantage they reached at their peak was pretty overwhelming....

battleWill
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: ST

Postby battleWill » Sat 08 Mar, 2014 00:54

Addex wrote:
Galivan wrote:I'll say this, that Royal and China started with a plan, stuck to it, and accomplished their goal. We can debate the quality of the achievement but we can't deny it.

I believe you got it backwards, unless you say that us fighting Yaman/Nard/Rich and then Nard/Rich/EPA is us zerging or something, the 2.5-3:1 advantage they reached at their peak was pretty overwhelming....
Since Yaman is the only competent leader in that string and since his competency relies on the safety in numbers philosophy which aligns well with yours (post cluster securing that is, no one can deny your crews ability to secure a cluster) honestly this post is lolable at best and at worst might even be considered tears :)

(blatant use of the dex technique, which is the claiming there is tears to try and illicit tears ;) )

Return to “Pegasus”