Farewell

User avatar
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 10352
Joined: Mon 06 Aug, 2007 18:13
Reputation: 205
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus
Location: Portland Oregon
Contact:

Re: Farewell

Postby SilverKnight » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 08:15

Nova Link wrote:
SilverKnight wrote:Royal is probably the best run guild I have been in since I played in ancient Delta as a member of WMD.



But I thought that GOON was da most l33t guild around. :scared:


Goon's golden age was Beta, which was before Delta.

AND I was a BOBbit.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
User avatar
DeityLord
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun 01 Mar, 2009 07:19
Reputation: 109
Guild: Trolling for spacetears, again.

Re: Farewell

Postby DeityLord » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 09:20

Andrea Nard1 wrote:Yup Addex... forgot to mention in my OP... this forums sucks big!

And you are a major contributor...

Oh well, I was checking this thread out of respect if someone said something that required my reply...
Considering that has already been hijacked by you and ACE, I will not check it again. It is another useless thread as dozens of them on this forums...wait this are not forums, this are the game! you play here for your epeen... good luck to you all... what a sorry state


No, you were checking in to see if anyone said a heart-felt goodbye response.

....

.........

..................

wait for it ....

.....

yeah no one cares. Keep burning bridges, Nard.


lovecraft wrote:
I think this is your problem, right here, and I've told you this. There's nothing wrong with the forum, the game, or the players.

Everyone comes into every situation with a set of expectations and preconceptions. The important thing, which is also a mark of maturity, is how you react to the reality of a situation once it becomes apparent, and how you adjust your expectations to match that reality.

When it comes to this game, Andy, you have failed to make ANY adjustments to your expectations. You want the game to be the way that you think it should be, rather than how it is. You want the players to have the personalities that you want them to have, you want the forums to be a certain way... none of it matches reality at all. Instead of adjusting your expectations, you continue to blast the players, the game, and the forums for not being what you want them to be. This is a flawed mentality. Then you invent an arbitrary moral code that we should all be following, and blast us for being immoral and dishonorable. Who are you to decide these things for all of us?

I'm not trying to mock you, or troll you. But the reason you find this game so stressful and distasteful is because, and only because, you refuse to accept it for what it is. It doesn't make you a bad guy if you don't like this game, or are not good at it. It does make you a fool if you keep coming back at this game and the player community critical that it isn't more like a game you WOULD enjoy and WOULD be good at. That's all well and good, but this game is what it is. Accepting it will help you learn how to thrive. Or don't accept it and GTFO. The state in between, where you tell everyone else that THEY are the problem is not only not going to change anything, it is going to lower the regard in which you are held by the people here. I have a hard time respecting you in-game because you don't seem to grasp the fundamentals; you're trying to play a different game, and that makes your choices poor in THIS game.

Don't get me wrong; there are things about the game that could be better, there are things about the community that could be better. Even the things that we all agree aren't great are still very unlikely to change. Most of it is just what it is, and you can take it or leave it. You don't dig out a Monopoly board, play a few rounds, then start complaining about the rules and the other players because you aren't winning, but if it were checkers you would totally own. Either figure out how to win, or go play a different game, with different people. Don't *beep* at us about it.


Oh and +1

User avatar
Beowulf
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 6791
Joined: Sun 29 Jun, 2008 13:34
Reputation: 265

Re: Farewell

Postby Beowulf » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 14:25

What Deity said.

And i think one of the main reasons Nard isn't really getting any heartfelt goodbyes, is because he's strongly linking the game to the social aspect of it. Don't get me wrong, it is kind of a social game after all; but that doesn't mean you can't have fun conversations every now and then, even with your foes.

Nard's problem was that he antagonized everyone who disagreed with him, even within his guild (why we left).

I understand it's nice to free yourself of blame, and hang it on the shoulders of everyone around you.
Mature people take responsibility for their own errors.
Which, until now, you still haven't done, Nard. All i see you exclaiming now is 'yes! there you have it! i admit, i lost! but it's cause you are all cheaters! you don't play the way i thought you should! you are all so so so so evil! i hate this game!"

Total Reputation Points removed due to Fod Maggotry: 93
User avatar
Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:58
Reputation: 5

Re: Farewell

Postby Yertle » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 17:34

BTW I used to keep track of all the Nardelli quits. But number got too high.

Reality of this quit is what the rest of us would call a vacation.

User avatar
Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:58
Reputation: 5

Re: Farewell

Postby Yertle » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 18:19

Nova Link wrote:
TRACE wrote:Good luck Sam & Nard ...... sad to see 2 active long playing members of AE leave wether friend or foe


I think this is the attitude more people should be taking on both Andy and Sam leaving the game. Whether you liked them or not, treat others with respect. Except for Pipe...do trolls know what respect is? jk :biglaugh:

I do have to pause to take on one accusation made against Andy though. Never once in my year + playing AE with him did he ever demand an Occupation or UC from me. I never really recall him demanding anything from anyone in the guild except to respect each other, keep arguments private and not on the guild boards and make sure to save some cookies for him from the frequent bbq's held on my planets. (I have the best cookies in the universe :wink: )


Not giving any of your top players privs after 8 months of servitude, not responding to messages from mere randoms, making a pm blaming others for his tactical ineptness is not treating others with respect. As is drama queen quitting once every month desperate for positive regard of any kind.

And his nova 30's cluster is in civil war over nothing more than UC's. (and the fact wtf hates nardelli for his 'high moral character" :roll: )

Of course he didn't demand an occ from you. You are one of the yes men.

Bottom line in nardelli guild is that if you are not a yes man you are an enemy.

And whats this BS about loyalty of KD peoples accounts? They only reason Nardelli didn't eat Hisao CR's, his top account, was for the CC's he was parked on. We all saw yaman land his LE 10 minutes away and send that scout over and get his techs in N33. How many people were going to believe your lies with such obvious *beep* behavior.

It's been my experience that the ones yelling cheater are the ones cheating the most.

zeusx2
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue 15 May, 2012 21:41
Reputation: 2

Re: Farewell

Postby zeusx2 » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 20:29

Yertle wrote:Not giving any of your top players privs after 8 months of servitude, not responding to messages from mere randoms, making a pm blaming others for his tactical ineptness is not treating others with respect. As is drama queen quitting once every month desperate for positive regard of any kind.

And his nova 30's cluster is in civil war over nothing more than UC's. (and the fact wtf hates nardelli for his 'high moral character" :roll: )

Of course he didn't demand an occ from you. You are one of the yes men.

Bottom line in nardelli guild is that if you are not a yes man you are an enemy.

And whats this BS about loyalty of KD peoples accounts? They only reason Nardelli didn't eat Hisao CR's, his top account, was for the CC's he was parked on. We all saw yaman land his LE 10 minutes away and send that scout over and get his techs in N33. How many people were going to believe your lies with such obvious *beep* behavior.

It's been my experience that the ones yelling cheater are the ones cheating the most.


yertle, you sure seem to have an axe to grind with nard.
I don't know about him having "yes men" or why you're crying about priv's.
i played for him in Nova for almost a yr. Did he make mistakes? sure did. (Some were down right ugly) his diplomacy skills with other guilds also left something to be desired, but I *never* saw him demand occ's or UC's from anybody (he actually plays his *beep* off and earns those) and regarding KD's?
he's too lenient. Other guilds would recycle fleets and feed to caps in an instant, but not nard. He let far too many inacto's hang around for far too long IMO.
You can find all kinds of fault in him if you wish, (or any top guild GM in this game) but at some point your anti nard QQ/rage seems to be more about you than him.


Andy, good luck to you

User avatar
Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:58
Reputation: 5

Re: Farewell

Postby Yertle » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 22:34

My axe to grind is nardelli's karma for his betrayal of my friends, who made the mistake of thinking he was competent, early nova.

The privs issue was a concrete response to Nardelli comment on him receiving a level of respect, which he cannot give.

You see, thats the thing. I can not find such faults with the top GM's of this game. Nardelli is uniquely bad and is in no way a top GM. Obviously.

The problem wasn't that he didn't kd. The problem was how terribly he used those resources. He repeatedly killed inactive or bad accounts to feed other bad accounts. I guess it was based on who said yes the best who knows. But it was hard to watch even. Fundamental fail after fail.

You cannot be a successful GM and be threatened by other good players in your guild. You'll just end up with a guild of sub par players. Like he did. congrats on being one of them.

But guess what. None of this info will change his ability in the future. Because these are superficial issues and what is rotten is at the core.

User avatar
fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 3034
Joined: Mon 28 Sep, 2009 23:16
Reputation: 59

Re: Farewell

Postby fendelius » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 22:45

Andrea Nard1 wrote:Oh....forgot to mention...this forums are just a joke.

The mods, are non existent, and they are in the hands of trolls.
All threads are an argument between Addex and Ace... great business card for the game...
I wonder if the game is played in the forums or somewhere else.

Childish and even worse those retard moderators that spend more time to set their good looking avatar than moderating the boards.


id give u a +1 if i didnt haz a lemon.

sad to c u go, but quitters gonna quit and winners gonna win. so cya around homie

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
User avatar
Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu 29 Aug, 2013 17:53
Reputation: 12

Re: Farewell

Postby Nova Link » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 23:44

Yertle wrote:Blah blah blah. Nard never gave me more credits... blah blah blah


Basically that is what appears to be your axe to grind against Andy, Yertle. One of your first points is that he didn't give you or your friends derbs. Here is an easy solution....

wait for it....

Earn them yourselves. He never gave me derbs, I don't complain because I EARNED my derbs. He never gave me a UC, I FOUGHT FOR THEM myself. I wasn't his yes man, and he'd even agree that I often complained about different things, but offered solutions instead of just whining unlike some people it seems.....

Your main point of contention appears to be you felt entitled to more than he gave you. You aren't entitled to anything in a guild except for guild protection, jump gate use and protection from pacted guilds. Learn that, and you'll be much happier and won't complain as much. ;)

Best Message yet:
[WKYSB] NightStalkerBalor
lol that's annoying....You are annoying :bleh:
User avatar
Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:58
Reputation: 5

Re: Farewell

Postby Yertle » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 01:30

You are the perfect Nard follower. I'll just accept this is all above your reading comprehension grade level.

Nards failure makes me happy. Hence I am having a lot of fun.

User avatar
Nova Link
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu 29 Aug, 2013 17:53
Reputation: 12

Re: Farewell

Postby Nova Link » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 01:52

Yertle wrote:You are the perfect Nard follower. I'll just accept this is all above your reading comprehension grade level.

Nards failure makes me happy. Hence I am having a lot of fun.


Well, you've degraded your argument down to petty insults so I guess that means you don't have a valid point to stand on. Or you are a democrat since they seem to go that same route. :wink:

That would also explain your attitude of how you believe you deserve things you didn't work for. :biglaugh:

Best Message yet:
[WKYSB] NightStalkerBalor
lol that's annoying....You are annoying :bleh:
reethok
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun 31 Mar, 2013 22:15
Reputation: 3

Re: Farewell

Postby reethok » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 01:58

So, what started as a semi-ok goodbye post turned into the exact definition of RageQuit.

You do know what is a metagame right? Well, AE's metagame is as it is, you dont like it? Too bad, try another game. But coming here to post "AE sux, the community sux, u sux" is quite retarded, and it makes you a troll.

Imagine somebody going to a christian forum and posting "you're idiots, the bible is idiot" etc etc. Isnt that trolling? Well you're doing exactly the same.

User avatar
Yertle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:58
Reputation: 5

Re: Farewell

Postby Yertle » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 03:32

He even raged at the moderators. I'm still trying to figure out what they did wrong aside from not stopping people from questioning his self perceived greatness.

Addex probably has the complaint on him up as his screensaver. :dance:

User avatar
AdmZoee
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon 29 Oct, 2012 06:03
Reputation: 0

Re: Farewell

Postby AdmZoee » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 05:43

I have never had Andrea as a GM so I cannot comment to that, however I have had Sam Carter as a GM sense BBW and AA merged. There are many people that play this game and make lying a scheming an integral part of their strategy, however Sam is not one of those people. As my GM she has never lied, or deceived me as a player in any way. I have respected her as a player, and have enjoyed the time I have had playing with her. Good luck in SFC.

User avatar
Chesterton
Global Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon 10 Jun, 2013 15:03
Reputation: 28

Re: Farewell

Postby Chesterton » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 06:38

Andrea Nard1 wrote:Childish and even worse those retard moderators that spend more time to set their good looking avatar than moderating the boards.

Yes, I am quite good looking, aren't I.

Yertle wrote:He even raged at the moderators. I'm still trying to figure out what they did wrong aside from not stopping people from questioning his self perceived greatness.

It would seem he prefers moderators who take a more hands-on approach.

There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

Forum rules

Return to “Pegasus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest