new server stratagy petition (opening up on existing server)

Benard
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: VGM - [UMC] : Former GM - [VIR]
Galaxy: Alpha

new server stratagy petition (opening up on existing server)

Postby Benard » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 20:23

Id like to start a petition to make the game more interesting and potentially more challenging:

on existing servers I think the game-makers should open up new galaxies that do not exist. have that 'area' be a speed server for a certain amount of time while restricting fleet movement so existing level 100's don't bull doze them over and then after an amount of time open up the flood gates.

dead servers would be revived.

existing players couldn't join the speed server If they were already apart of the 'attached' server

the idea:
(hopefully in simple terms)

alpha, beta...etc would have a second speed server attachment. which would add on 30 or more galaxies to the existing galaxies.

they would not 'attach' for a set amount of time, and would allow new power, old feuds and old friends to potentially clash once again. on similar fighting ground.

domin8or
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [WM] - U
[ATOM] - D3
[CUT] - E3

Re: new server stratagy petition (opening up on existing ser

Postby domin8or » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 20:30

This wouldn't work, there would be too many people spread out

and speed server, so I go build a base there, build fleet quicker then send it back to the normal time zone, so a level 100's prod would rape the smaller guys,

building a few bases there (upgraded) would also give others an advantage greater

DERP
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 22:01

This is an FR, and a low quality one.

You got some people who refuse to learn how to play the game. AE is brutal and getting ziffed can be a severe blow to the ego. Rather than learn from the battles, the whingers tend to quit after one or two bad battles.

In real life, if the Romans did that, Carthage would have been the world empire of the iron age.

Look it up, battle of Cannae. Worst loss by the Romans in a single battle, delivered by Hannibal in the second Punic War. Instead of surrendering, the Romans built another army, played to stalemate Hannibal to deny him a war victory. 5 years later were able to defeat Hannibal when he tried to siege Rome.

Carthage was eventually exterminated, and Rome became the world empire.

too bad the modern AE generals are too fragile to bounce back from a severe defeat.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Ace Rimmer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: H,Why!
K,DDoS.Server Overlords.
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 22:11

SilverKnight wrote: Look it up, battle of Cannae. Worst loss by the Romans in a single battle, delivered by Hannibal in the second Punic War. Instead of surrendering, the Romans built another army, played to stalemate Hannibal to deny him a war victory. 5 years later were able to defeat Hannibal when he tried to siege Rome.

Carthage was eventually exterminated, and Rome became the world empire.

too bad the modern AE generals are too fragile to bounce back from a severe defeat.
Or would rather jump from the burning ship to join the winning group.

What you wrote above is what happened on kappa after the so called fragile AE generals ( known as farms at the time ) on helion bounced back and defeated its foes the royals.

Addex wrote: Don't worry thou in 20 or 30 years I will make an account in K and claim victory. How u like them apples.

Your funny, if your gonna take that much time preplaning we will give you the server.
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 23:24

This is the only proper reply to anything by Ace Rimjob.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Shark Bait
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [Whats a guild?]
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Shark Bait » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:08

You don't have to be a military strategist to be good on this game, spotting a mistake and exploiting it is what usually brings home the bacon. Of course that takes balls as well which some folks just don't have.
Too many 'Let's be friends' amongst the less aggressive and experienced players. One look at a players level, econ and account age usually tells you all you need to know about your foe.

Themis wrote:I'm not impressed with the goats. :neutral2:
Livestock threads belong in tavern.
Ace Rimmer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
K,DDoS.Server Overlords.

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:15

This post was made by SilverKnight who is currently not here hes posting on the my little brony site.

Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Wed 09 Apr, 2014 08:52, edited 1 time in total.

Addex wrote: Don't worry thou in 20 or 30 years I will make an account in K and claim victory. How u like them apples.

Your funny, if your gonna take that much time preplaning we will give you the server.
ashtraynaut
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Church of Ruin -BOB

Postby ashtraynaut » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 23:01

the strategy is to pay for 5 accounts, play on them and make more ppl do the same.

then you have a guild like MOE.

tactic = win.

game devs support this just as long they pay for the accounts.

B.[free hats!] ashtraynaut * C. [HGMNY] {Elite}punck kid * F. [DZR] {Elite}punck kid

:: we have fleets that can beat your fleets ::

Saint 7 wrote:
,,,it's not a game.. It's an investment.

-Saint
Ace Rimmer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
K,DDoS.Server Overlords.

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 15:41

@ bernard
Benard wrote:Id like to start a petition to make the game more interesting and potentially more challenging:

on existing servers I think the game-makers should open up new galaxies that do not exist. have that 'area' be a speed server for a certain amount of time while restricting fleet movement so existing level 100's don't bull doze them over and then after an amount of time open up the flood gates.

dead servers would be revived.

existing players couldn't join the speed server If they were already apart of the 'attached' server

the idea:
(hopefully in simple terms)

alpha, beta...etc would have a second speed server attachment. which would add on 30 or more galaxies to the existing galaxies.

they would not 'attach' for a set amount of time, and would allow new power, old feuds and old friends to potentially clash once again. on similar fighting ground.
The game designers are busy making pretty pictures of ae ships and far to busy to redesign the game. The ae community will have to do it themselves. There are various server pacts within the game. Alpha as far as i know works to a certain extent but people still claim that it can be boring. Kappa have just started a new server pact that will hopefully make the game interesting for new and old players.

Take a look at this thread and bare in mind that the pact will need tweaking to make sure it works and remains fun for all ae members that play that server. viewtopic.php?f=113&t=114773

hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 16:46

its pritty much pointless to try to get "solution" for anciante servers...
AE has its flaws and the old servers are here to show where the mistakes are ... besides that, they are defected servers that are only for maintaining the simming players paying some upgrades from time to time... just a waist of hardware, that sooner or later have to be putten down, to guive space to the next version of AE ...

RobbStark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby RobbStark » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 17:14

we should seriously consider random spawn only and restarts in the same cluster- kills moe, cripples royal

WINTER IS ..... cold?
TrueJustice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: I am a Legend ;)
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby TrueJustice » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 22:09

We can't have nice things because we have to many cheaters in here, though this should really be in the Tavern. I don't see any shi in your post related to politics and war, also I think your idea is horrible.

However, since we are on the topic of what AE should do with dead servers....

Make them Free to play with no need to upgrade...Or merge them some how, which that could be a process.

A Vs B
C Vs D
E Vs F
G Vs H

have a black hole or something, where Alpha can now travel to the beta vs or some shi..

Let's clean this crap up
Tasman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Tasman » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 07:15

TrueJustice wrote:We can't have nice things because we have to many cheaters in here, though this should really be in the Tavern. I don't see any shi in your post related to politics and war, also I think your idea is horrible.

Make them Free to play with no need to upgrade...Or merge them some how, which that could be a process.

A Vs B
C Vs D
E Vs F
G Vs H

have a black hole or something, where Alpha can now travel to the beta vs or some shi..
Bigger blob stares.
I guess the 60 bil stare in alpha isn't big enough for you

And I Haven't got the faintest idea about what I'm talking about.
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 08:12

Tasman wrote:
TrueJustice wrote:We can't have nice things because we have to many cheaters in here, though this should really be in the Tavern. I don't see any shi in your post related to politics and war, also I think your idea is horrible.

A Vs B
C Vs D
E Vs F
G Vs H

Bigger blob stares.
I guess the 60 bil stare in alpha isn't big enough for you
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=114786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here is a better idea.

reethok
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby reethok » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 16:46

This should be in the tavern, and your idea is not reallistic at all. AE is a strategy game, not an RPG game so it's natural that old servers die.

Merging servers is something that several games do and it works pretty well.

About the 60bill blobstares, AE should put in random events in the game, i.e. "P40:55:99 went supernova, everything within was destroyed",that'd fix it :D/

Return to “Pegasus”