Apathy, not China, killed this server. It is not too late.

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears
Galaxy: Pegasus

Re: Apathy, not China, killed this server. It is not too lat

Postby Addex » Fri 23 May, 2014 14:00

lovecraft wrote:I think you have a little bit of a martyr complex. Most of the players who you are seeking to make quit are just people, bored at work or after school, trying to waste some time. They don't have an agenda. They're moving fleets around because their leaders tell them to, and because it leads to fun gameplay.

By and large, the only people who set out with the stated agenda to make people quit are you, and the people you're playing with. Maybe a handful of others, scattered around in different guilds and not in a position to act on their sadism. I'm not going to pretend you don't have some enemies that lead guilds, but that does not comprise even a full 5% of the players which are eventually affected by your efforts. I'd wager a fair share of your/China players are repelled by this entire idea, except that it probably feels a little like winning. Unfortunately, they are also highly apathetic too.

Actually they are excited about it, I do explain our purpose to the people we recruit. The day I lose and come back whining you can claim I have a martyr complex, so far I believe is only cynical and arrogant.

lovecraft
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby lovecraft » Fri 23 May, 2014 14:09

Too bad they can't oppose the effort to ruin this game and be excited about that instead. If the problem is nothing more than a lack of a centralized opposition, well.... here we are.

“Whoever tries to climb over our fence, we will try to climb over his house. ”
― Saddam Hussein

Vig's Battle Calc rebooted: http://chrismbaker.com/calc/
jks

Postby jks » Fri 23 May, 2014 14:14

Addex wrote:
lovecraft wrote:So you're apathetic too?

My reaction, when I learn that people are setting out to actively ruin a game that I enjoy playing, is to do everything I can to stop it. If we all made that choice, then it would stop. Being apathetic and joining them with a shrug just makes it worse, and I'll never see how you can be so proud of that. To each his own. I feel bad for the people who are paying money to play here unaware that there is a large-scale, organized plan to make sure the money they spent is wasted. Not just playing to win (who doesn't try to win a game?!), but to actually RUIN it for everyone else.

Just a realist you know. When we started in Juno we did with 70 people we spent the first 3 months blobbed doing nothing making the 300 zerg recall, then another month sitting on the WH blocking the new zerg. Kappa I said I want to play underdog I wont pact anyone lets have fun, I got zerged by the whole server. Pegasus I said someone contest us lets have fun, we had to find someone to contest , we asked for a 1:1 but nop it had to be 3:1.

With the new AE rules it would be impossible for us to win a 3:1 , we would have gotten raped in J/K/P so u know what to hell with it. If this is the way people wants us to play we will do it. We will start as a major zerg no more being nice and letting people rebuild we will play to make you delete, everyone else plays to make us delete so why shouldnt we.

Personally you can not force delete not even my blind grandmother. Did you ever used the attack button against anyone else than inactives that you kicked from your own guild? i play 3 years and i have never seen a hit by u ever.
So when you talk like this you should explain that some of your guildies will force some other guildies to delete. Your fun must exactly the same us anyone else NOT PLAYING the server.

Ohhh, sorry i forgot you are the mastermind behind all this wins....You invented China.....
Well me on the other hand have more fun than you because i pray for the winners every day. i may be in other than the winners guild but it is my prayers that make them win. You see? we can all bull *beep* talking and pretend we play and win a game. The difference is that you are no playing. you are even worse than your friend Sir multi CloneBALOR.

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Addex » Fri 23 May, 2014 14:30

I do perma occ some people, my fun comes from reading their skype tears/boards. I didnt invent China they are a powerhouse on their own but for some reason they never come to the forums , they read sometimes but they dont post. About the rest I assume balor farmed you out in some server and you are all sore about it.

Lovecraft:

Yes , people should come to AE realizing there are only 2 sides in conflict and both sides will zerg so you have play accordingly. It will be Our side vs - the rest that is all.

jks

Postby jks » Fri 23 May, 2014 16:26

Addex wrote:I do perma occ some people, my fun comes from reading their skype tears/boards. I didnt invent China they are a powerhouse on their own but for some reason they never come to the forums , they read sometimes but they dont post. About the rest I assume balor farmed you out in some server and you are all sore about it.

Lovecraft:

Yes , people should come to AE realizing there are only 2 sides in conflict and both sides will zerg so you have play accordingly. It will be Our side vs - the rest that is all.

lol, Balor and farmed can not be in the same sentence. The only thing BALOR could do was to feed from his multies.
In fact i derbed some thousand of his recs in Juno in your stronghold and after i got the message "you will regret it" he sent one of his "friends" to perma occ me. I BLEW THE HELL OUT OF HIM before he decided to leave my bases.
Balor like you, did not really ever played the game...Oh wait, AFTER he was banned and deleted he played as we all play in one server...Pegasus. and the result is that he ended a pathetic inacto...worst than a farm.

Player: 1606
Guild: Pan-Asian Family
Title/Rank:

Level: 39.46 (Rank 920)
Economy: 1701

Account: Free

Account Age: 187 Days

Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Addex » Fri 23 May, 2014 16:32

You make no sense , you saying he sent a multi to OCC you and the multi got tired of occing you and left your base? Sounds legit dude.

Get over the butt hurt bro is bad for your health.

Fett
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [Omega] IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Fett » Fri 23 May, 2014 16:37

Why did this conversation turn into balor? I seem to fail to see where balor has ever talked as much *beep* addex. Well look at what he just did. He openly admitted to zerging right off the bat so that means everybody else instead of crying about it should be rushing off to zerg themselves.

The end.

Scrubs.
Osteogon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Osteogon » Fri 23 May, 2014 16:38

jks wrote:
Addex wrote:I do perma occ some people, my fun comes from reading their skype tears/boards. I didnt invent China they are a powerhouse on their own but for some reason they never come to the forums , they read sometimes but they dont post. About the rest I assume balor farmed you out in some server and you are all sore about it.

Lovecraft:

lol, Balor and farmed can not be in the same sentence. The only thing BALOR could do was to feed from his multies.
In fact i derbed some thousand of his recs in Juno in your stronghold and after i got the message "you will regret it" he sent one of his "friends" to perma occ me. I BLEW THE HELL OUT OF HIM before he decided to leave my bases.
Balor like you, did not really ever played the game...Oh wait, AFTER he was banned and deleted he played as we all play in one server...Pegasus. and the result is that he ended a pathetic inacto...worst than a farm.

Player: 1606
Guild: Pan-Asian Family
Title/Rank:

Level: 39.46 (Rank 920)
Economy: 1701

Account: Free

Account Age: 187 Days

Is that you, Ace? Are you buying old forum accounts now, too?

-Benji-
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: lolwut

Postby -Benji- » Sat 24 May, 2014 17:39

For the record, addex has like 280k xp and like 11mil fleet. He was smashing *beep* left and right when we were fighting for control of the 20s. You are simply an ignorant hater dude. He hasn't even gotten to eat inactives. That's Irish, vile and gandalf

I root for the home team.
Hayley
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Hayley » Mon 26 May, 2014 03:58

lovecraft wrote:I am calling on all the guilds of Pegasus outside the China alliance to sit up and take notice.

I think we can all agree that this server turned out pretty boring, unless you're in Moyale. That needn't be the case, if we choose fun instead of apathy.

As the new GM of Detroit (formerly Pants), I am proposing a server-wide mass attack on the zerg alliance. We might not win, we might not even scratch them. What difference does it make? We have a little time until QQ starts, let's make that time fun. I invite any GM of any guild, big or small, to contact me in-game to discuss this further and coordinate an offensive.

No terms, no conditions, no long-term squabbling. Let's just blob up and zerg the zerg. Why not? It really is that simple.

Thanks for considering.

Your untiring space servant,

The Mule

The problem with your guild is that you think you need help and that if you got help you would still lose.

What type of confidence would you inspire with that attitude as a leader?

You guys are like the 6 foot talk man who drowned in a 3 foot deep lake because you are convinced you cannot get up and you got sad that nobody came to save you.

Every guild we face is convinced that if only they had MORE members they will do fine - this isn't true - you want more members that will actually fight and know how to work together as a team - you cannot afford cowards, drama queens and jerks - the impact on teamwork and morale is simply too great.

You have everything you need to win - the problem is you do not believe it and you think it is the responsibility of others to make it easier on you rather than your responsibility to rise to the challenge

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal

Postby SilverKnight » Mon 26 May, 2014 04:24

Hayley wrote:
lovecraft wrote:I am calling on all the guilds of Pegasus outside the China alliance to sit up and take notice.

I think we can all agree that this server turned out pretty boring, unless you're in Moyale. That needn't be the case, if we choose fun instead of apathy.

As the new GM of Detroit (formerly Pants), I am proposing a server-wide mass attack on the zerg alliance. We might not win, we might not even scratch them. What difference does it make? We have a little time until QQ starts, let's make that time fun. I invite any GM of any guild, big or small, to contact me in-game to discuss this further and coordinate an offensive.

No terms, no conditions, no long-term squabbling. Let's just blob up and zerg the zerg. Why not? It really is that simple.

Thanks for considering.

Your untiring space servant,

The Mule

The problem with your guild is that you think you need help and that if you got help you would still lose.

You guys are like the 6 foot talk man who drowned in a 3 foot deep lake because you are convinced you cannot get up and you got sad that nobody came to save you.

Every guild we face is convinced that if only they had MORE members they will do fine - this isn't true - you want more members that will actually fight and know how to work together as a team - you cannot afford cowards, drama queens and jerks - the impact on teamwork and morale is simply too great.

You have everything you need to win - the problem is you do not believe it and you think it is the responsibility of others to make it easier on you rather than your responsibility to rise to the challenge

You just leaked the secret of Addex's success there.

+1

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Tasman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Tasman » Mon 26 May, 2014 07:32

Hayley wrote:The problem with your guild is that you think you need help and that if you got help you would still lose.

Are you really trying to convince people that the key to success in AE is morale and confidence??!?

I'm pretty sure it has been proven to be superfeeding and zerging and mass recruiting all those who have put up a semi decent opposition to you in previous servers. And of course the obligatory extras.

And I Haven't got the faintest idea about what I'm talking about.
Hayley
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Hayley » Mon 26 May, 2014 07:42

absolutely. Every time we have been invaded by a much larger force in multiple servers - leadership puts up a plan - the players believe in the leadership and follow it and we end up winning despite being vastly outnumbered. When the same happens to our opponents, people start going into VM and everything seems to fall apart. Having your players believe in you is critical to success in AE - morale is very Important to executing any strategy.

Or you can just blindly believe it is zerging and cheating or whatever. We didn't start off outnumbering you - it ended up that way because a lot of your players quit because they lost faith in their leadership.

Tasman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Tasman » Mon 26 May, 2014 07:51

Hey, whatever floats your boat and helps you sleep at night.

And I Haven't got the faintest idea about what I'm talking about.
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal

Postby SilverKnight » Mon 26 May, 2014 09:38

The secret to Addex's success is there is no secret. Anyone can duplicate his results, if they do according to the same overall policies he does.

Addex gets victory because 1) he expects to win the fight 2) he measures out what he needs and arranges things to make it happen.

His opponents tend to 1) expect to lose the fight 2) selfishly act for themselves without regard to their players.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis

Return to “Pegasus”