Moderator: Support Moderators

Virsteinn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Independent Resistance Movement
Galaxy: Andromeda

Re: June 2014 FMR review - everything death star

Postby Virsteinn » Fri 19 Sep, 2014 18:25

Regardless, it's still not enough for a good portion of 2.0 players, least of all me, to start using it.

Only the fool seeks a fight, whether deliberately or inadvertently through their own selfish actions, where there is more to be gained through more amicable methods.Image
Dr Rush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A~[{V}]

Postby Dr Rush » Sat 20 Sep, 2014 19:13

Virsteinn wrote:Regardless, it's still not enough for a good portion of 2.0 players, least of all me, to start using it.

[Citation Needed] So if one of these gave you 1,000,000 extra free fleet you wouldn't use it?

Yes, I'm a *beep* get over it.
Retired: TM for ICO on A, Deputy GM of PRIV on K, OCM for SHANK on L, GM of PRIV on M
Help New players! Contribute to this thread.
loshi1505
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [ANIME]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby loshi1505 » Sun 21 Sep, 2014 01:19

Dr Rush wrote:So if one of these gave you 1,000,000 extra free fleet you wouldn't use it?

nope, he won't use it.... he'll abuse it. >_<

Virsteinn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Virsteinn » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 19:21

If it's still not combat effective, then why would I build flying derbs for a ludicrously unbalanced amount of free fleet? It'll be the first thing to get shot down! Oh yeah, that's a good trade-off, innit?

Only the fool seeks a fight, whether deliberately or inadvertently through their own selfish actions, where there is more to be gained through more amicable methods.Image
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 23:47

Virsteinn wrote:If it's still not combat effective, then why would I build flying derbs for a ludicrously unbalanced amount of free fleet? It'll be the first thing to get shot down! Oh yeah, that's a good trade-off, innit?

You don't actually have to bring it with your fleet.

Hasdrubal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Hasdrubal » Tue 23 Sep, 2014 16:49

Possible solution is that death star gives free fleet maintenance for particular amount of ships, as stated above. To emphasize that, I suggest that DS doesn't count to fleet maintenance and that task force (fleet) which consists of lone DS (not even pair of DS) doesn't count in number of fleets. If DS is added to another ship (even sole fighter), it still counts in number of fleets.

It may look like the DS is shooting duck, but as DS can stay in air for days, or weeks, one will need to launch them as they landed and have them in the air. Players that quit, doesn't play for any reason, will have thier DS for target practice, while active players would only need to check if the DS land on right location, or to have them save on blobs.

Virsteinn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Virsteinn » Wed 24 Sep, 2014 11:17

Wlerin wrote:You don't actually have to bring it with your fleet.
Are you telling me you wouldn't kill one and occ the base it was built on just to get the massive amount of derbs that it'd generate? Or hell, not even to eliminate that advantage that it'd give? I certainly would. The damn thing is an ATM waiting to be torn open. All that a million free fleet would give it is just one more incentive to rob it.

Hasdrubal wrote:*snip*
Stop it!

No one would find that the least bit useful! Why the *beep* do you think it is that you're the only one suggesting that *beep*!?

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Wed 24 Sep, 2014 20:56

Virsteinn, this isn't a normal FR thread. You can't just say "No." to Hasdrubal's idea without any explanation. It exists to discuss everything related to a specific FMR, not just the aspects of that FMR you think are beneficial to the game, and damn the ones that aren't. If you have reasons why something would or would not work, I'm sure we're more than willing to hear them, but "pontificating" has little place in this thread.

At least, that's my opinion as a player and frequenter of FR.

I know that I'm not really adding anything to the thread either by posting this, so it's a bit hypocritical. I promise I won't post anything like it (here) again, just use the little button on the side.

Virsteinn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Virsteinn » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 12:00

You know, I could've sworn the objective here was to improve the Death Star for old AE as well as 2.0. I'm rejecting Hasdrubal's idea because (1) it only works for 2.0, (2) we haven't yet agreed on any improvements to its combat effectiveness, like perhaps allowing it to use Jump Gates or giving it combat bonuses against certain units, and (3) I still wouldn't touch the thing, much less build it, to save my life if a free fleet boost were its only improvement. This last point is really quite important, since all those playing Alpha through Pegasus, and many of those playing Andromeda, like, well, me, will have the same opinion.

You guys wanna discuss 2.0-specific improvements, do it after improvements to its combat effectiveness have been agreed upon, or there'll still be no use for that piece of crap, free fleet boost or not.

Dr Rush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A~[{V}]

Postby Dr Rush » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 22:08

Virsteinn wrote: I still wouldn't touch the thing, much less build it, to save my life if a free fleet boost were its only improvement.

Your choice if you like being raped by fleets you can't close to competing with thats your choice.

Virsteinn wrote:This last point is really quite important, since all those playing Alpha through Pegasus, and many of those playing Andromeda, like, well, me, will have the same opinion.

You guys wanna discuss 2.0-specific improvements, do it after improvements to its combat effectiveness have been agreed upon, or there'll still be no use for that piece of crap, free fleet boost or not.

[citation needed]

Yes, I'm a *beep* get over it.
Retired: TM for ICO on A, Deputy GM of PRIV on K, OCM for SHANK on L, GM of PRIV on M
Help New players! Contribute to this thread.
Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 23:18

Virsteinn wrote:You guys wanna discuss 2.0-specific improvements, do it after improvements to its combat effectiveness have been agreed upon, or there'll still be no use for that piece of crap, free fleet boost or not.

Last time I checked, you're not exactly in a position to determine who talks about what in which thread. The FMR section is to discuss ALL ideas to improve a specific subject.

Virsteinn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Virsteinn » Tue 30 Sep, 2014 19:04

Yes, but is it of any real use in the older servers if the "improvement" made is 2.0-specific? No. Besides that, I discussed how said "improvement" might be implemented, if you'd so much as bother to look, and I got *beep*ing sledgehammered for it, as usual. I must be in no place to so much as *beep*ing talk if that's what's gonna happen every time I open my mouth, so I hope you'll forgive my excessively pessimistic outlook on the FR subforum, because in no way is it actually living up to its name if I'm not allowed to be heard.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Tue 30 Sep, 2014 19:14

Virsteinn wrote:Besides that, I discussed how said "improvement" might be implemented...

Please, share with the rest of the class.

Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Tue 30 Sep, 2014 19:51

Virsteinn wrote:...I hope you'll forgive my excessively pessimistic outlook on the FR subforum, because in no way is it actually living up to its name if I'm not allowed to be heard.

It's actually quite the opposite if you take a step back. I can clearly see several instances where very valid opposition to your points are presented and you respond with a "*snip*"

I suggest if you want respect from others, in this forum especially, show it to others first.

Also, these topics, unless otherwise stated, are both AE proper and AE 2.0. Anyone is free to discuss anything pertinent to either.

Virsteinn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Virsteinn » Wed 01 Oct, 2014 04:57

Whis wrote:I can clearly see several instances where very valid opposition to your points are presented and you respond with a "*snip*"
I do that not to ignore whoever I'm quoting, but rather to say that I'm responding to their post as a whole without in turn creating one giant wall of text in the process. In essence, it'd otherwise be too frickin' big, more than would be necessary.

Whis wrote:I suggest if you want respect from others, in this forum especially, show it to others first.
And I suppose what's above your post counts as respect? I don't think so.

Whis wrote:Also, these topics, unless otherwise stated, are both AE proper and AE 2.0. Anyone is free to discuss anything pertinent to either.
This thread didn't devolve because I rejected the 2.0-specific idea outright, but because I suggested two possible ways of coding it in, resulting in I wanna say at least three different sledgehammers coming down on my head.

If that counts as discussion, then this subforum is in one sorry state. I don't know if you've noticed, but I don't come here to start *beep* and light it on fire.

Return to “FMR: Frequently Made Requests”