June 2014 FMR review - everything death star

Moderator: Support Moderators

Hasdrubal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: June 2014 FMR review - everything death star

Postby Hasdrubal » Wed 01 Oct, 2014 16:58

An idea, that I posted in past (not starting thread) was that DS become invulnerable to ships that cannot pass shields, i.e. all less than HC. That way each and all frigate fleets landing on wrong place can be easily picked and consumed.

That doesn't give advantage to DS because it still needs days to move from one location to another, but gives DS a value she doesn't have in this game.

That performance doesn't depend on AE 1, AE 1.5 or AE 2.0, and can be included in the game regardless of server's age.

Virsteinn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Independent Resistance Movement
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby Virsteinn » Fri 03 Oct, 2014 04:18

They're already next to invincible against said units as it is. Therefore, why?

Also, the reason people don't use these things is because they're so slow. Change that, and people will probably use them at some point in the future.

Only the fool seeks a fight, whether deliberately or inadvertently through their own selfish actions, where there is more to be gained through more amicable methods.Image
Hasdrubal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Hasdrubal » Sat 04 Oct, 2014 01:06

Virsteinn wrote:They're already next to invincible against said units as it is. Therefore, why?

Also, the reason people don't use these things is because they're so slow. Change that, and people will probably use them at some point in the future.

Why? If they are slow, as they are, they can catch the prey rarely, but if they can only be attacked by BS or bigger, you can't use fighter swarms on them or frigates, but can only rely on capital ships. If we make them faster, than we will have another, stronger and better Levi, and that was not intetion by creators or the game.

I don't know if you remember, but in the start, Titans were the strongest units - once the players learn how to deal with them they became obsolete. I don't think anybody build them in numbers, today .

Levis has their purspose as fast DS or Titans and also bring more armor/firepower.

DSs, at present, only bring armor/firepower, and are vulnerable to everything, save smallest unshielded fleets. They can't even attack the base with single level PR/PS with the good chance to survive. So, give them something but not speed.

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Sat 04 Oct, 2014 01:50

Hasdrubal wrote:
Virsteinn wrote:They're already next to invincible against said units as it is. Therefore, why?

Why? If they are slow, as they are, they can catch the prey rarely, but if they can only be attacked by BS or bigger, you can't use fighter swarms on them or frigates, but can only rely on capital ships. If we make them faster, than we will have another, stronger and better Levi, and that was not intetion by creators or the game.

I don't know if you remember, but in the start, Titans were the strongest units - once the players learn how to deal with them they became obsolete. I don't think anybody build them in numbers, today .

Levis has their purspose as fast DS or Titans and also bring more armor/firepower.

DSs, at present, only bring armor/firepower, and are vulnerable to everything, save smallest unshielded fleets. They can't even attack the base with single level PR/PS with the good chance to survive. So, give them something but not speed.

Ion frigates rape the piss out of DS. Also, I used to run a DS stack, and I know a guy who was amazing with a titan stack. Just because most people lack the skill to use them effectively doesn't make them worthless.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Hasdrubal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Hasdrubal » Sat 04 Oct, 2014 09:23

Winchester wrote:Ion frigates rape the piss out of DS. Also, I used to run a DS stack, and I know a guy who was amazing with a titan stack. Just because most people lack the skill to use them effectively doesn't make them worthless.

That is why I think DS should be "protected" from units that cannot pass shields, i.e. 1% should not work.

The name of the ship is Death Star - let there be something in it that would scare people who don't have them and to be prepared when they are inbound.

Karsus
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: F: ex-[GOON]
A2: [PPD]
B2: [BOB]
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby Karsus » Mon 06 Oct, 2014 17:48

I was thinking on the problem that in AE v2 it is a bad idea to build a base in enemy territory (because it will be occupied and that lost income will directly hurt through fleet maintenance and less fleet production). This means that a lot of guild use accounts below level 20 to provide JG's. I do not think it is good for the gam-mechanics to create a need for such accounts. Hence I came up with this proposed Feature request to try to address this.

Anti-gravity Tech will provide the ability to Link a fleet with a Death Star to a base with a Jumpgate whose level is not higher than the level of the Anti-Gravity Tech

What does linking means: It means that a "Wormhole" is created and (guild) fleets from the Death Star's location can launch to the link bases (and only there) using the JG bonus. (This bonus can apply only two ships that can normally receive a JG bonus.)

Some Notes on This FR:

• This feature is not so easy to use so other means of finding gates are still of value.
  • Death Stars still have to travel at the desired locations (and leave from there by themselves).
  • The Death Star creating a "wormhole" (Let's ame it Warp Tunnel) with a player's base is a big constraint that requires planning from the attackers (invader's) side to work. But that constraint (the JG level of the linked base has to be at most equal to the player's antigravity tech) allows for the attacker to get recall trapped (because at that time any serious guild will have many faster Jumpgates at their disposal and because they know the other end can only be the player's bases [the one who has the DS]).
  • I tried to think of the idea so that it would be "easy/doable" to code this within the game's framework. The "Wormhole" can be created from the Build Base link (from a fleet's page) [Some renaming and re-arranging would be needed but that's doable.] on an empty astro. Also the One Death Star used to power this JG-link should not be able to move off that location which should be doable in a similar way that you can't split a fleet when you dont have more combat fleet available. Using it with your fleet should work in a similar way as using a wormhole does - only that the flight time is dermined by destination range and linked JG's level.)
  • Also this way Death Stars would be made more useful. Some might think that this would be overpowered but the constraints require a lot of investment (Anti-Gravity Tech of sufficient level, build the Death Star and pay fleet maintenance while it does nothing but travel for a month to a location that maybe for nothing if the guild fails to get a good Sync.)
  • Another thing is that this would give people who tech-whore something useful to over-tech instead of just getting useless (to their fleet spec) techs so that they just boost their overall rank.
  • The main drawback of the idea is that it only allows travel to a specific location and when invading you want a gate to attack targets in a whole galaxy. But that is FMR already. (Although fleet maintenance makes some v1 FMR's to be evaluated diferently IMO).

Tears spread my creep!
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby SilverKnight » Sun 11 Jan, 2015 08:05

The DS is a trophy ship.

If the game implemented post tutorial accomplishment credit awards, building the first DS of the account can award 1 million credits

And destroying a DS the first time awards 1 million credits. Those credits can go towards a new base or something else more useful.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Dr Rush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A~[{V}]

Postby Dr Rush » Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:56

Please please don't. It's hard enough convincing noobs not to waste credits on the tech requirements to unlock damned things.

Yes, I'm a *beep* get over it.
Retired: TM for ICO on A, Deputy GM of PRIV on K, OCM for SHANK on L, GM of PRIV on M
Help New players! Contribute to this thread.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 12 Jan, 2015 12:30

How about a profile badge instead of credits?

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby SilverKnight » Fri 16 Jan, 2015 03:37

Dr Rush wrote:Please please don't. It's hard enough convincing noobs not to waste credits on the tech requirements to unlock damned things.

Let them collect the mill and when you break their base with the DS on it, you get a mill AND the pillage, and the derbs. So the guy destroying the DS makes more money

It would finance another base ...

:paranoid:

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Rajam » Wed 25 Feb, 2015 05:10

Increase ship speeds the more expensive they get.
Leave scout ships the same speed.
CC's give give 5% weapon power cross shields per level, max 100% (Gives low level players a better chance to fight off attackers with the larger ships).

Basically DS are now the fastest/best ship in the game and everyone wants one. This is the way it should be instead of everyone wanting the weakest.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Wed 25 Feb, 2015 05:33

So in other words, I could kill a leviathan with ~7,000 credits worth of fighters on my fortress? That sounds fair.

Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Rajam » Wed 25 Feb, 2015 18:02

Just spitballing ideas but if you were to park one there as an OCC force then yes, killing it would be easy.

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Wed 25 Feb, 2015 19:26

Rajam wrote:Just spitballing ideas but if you were to park one there as an OCC force then yes, killing it would be easy.

Or if, I don't know...a blob crash were to happen over the base? Why, one million fighters on 20 CCs could take out hundreds of leviathans, all by themselves!

Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Rajam » Wed 25 Feb, 2015 20:18

Then you'd better take out the base owners' fleet first.

Return to “FMR: Frequently Made Requests”