July 2014 FMR Review - new ways to get econ

Moderator: Support Moderators

Whis
Global Moderator

July 2014 FMR Review - new ways to get econ

Postby Whis » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 23:52

With AE 2.0 and the emphasis on Econ to grow fleet, what are some ways to get more econ through structures, tech, etc?

Normal rules apply for FMRs.

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Re: July 2014 FMR Review - new ways to get econ

Postby Winchester » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 23:56

The first post deserves to be a Commander Cody shout out. Essentially, orbital econ structures, econ tech, trade tech, more regular econ structures, more trade structures, orbital trade structures, econ tech, and, uh, let's see...increase the econ of everything. Everything.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Malkov
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Malkov » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 05:26

Maybe change the trade formula for better eco outcome?

And yeah, eco tech....lot of eco tech...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have actually come up with something, could make it work.

Its the same concept as loans.
As the fleet maintenance actually prevents you from making the infinite mass armada for your ae empire, you get the chance to do a loan. And how will you do that you will ask me?

By sacraficing a % of your total eco, you will be given a % of amount of credits which will be granted to you as credits for 100 hours (same as when the base gets pillaged)

So you have 1000 eco. You sacrifice for example, 25% which is 250. So in your profile you have now 1000 (750). In the brackets is the amount of money you will actually get on every ticket. But thanks to the loan, you also have 25000 credits on your hand to spend which can be spend on building fleets, techs, new base, structures and eventually "investing" on your account growth and eventually making your fleet balance higher.

In the meantime, the fleet maintenance will keep as the original eco, as the loan is being paid by the economy you invested and lost. Any building that was build after the loan that gives you eco will be added on so if i build a metal refineries my eco would be 1001 (751) .
You could implement by using the economy centers. Much like the spaceports works, each 5 lvl of economic centers (starting from the first) can get you a 5% of loan

So it can be like this:
1 lvl of Economic centers ------> 5% of loan
5 lvls of Economic centers -----> 10% of loan
10 lvls of Economic centers ----> 15% of loan

The loan would apply to your higher economic center you have ever build.

I know the whole loan thing is an FMR , but this is a concept thread and i wanted to put it out. Its just a suggestion...

Malkov and Pipe-sama <3 wrote:GROVERS MOM, NEVER FORGET

RIP 2014
hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 10:53

Malkov wrote:...

you would have to put an interest over the loan, or else that isn't a loan, just an advancement of our hourly payment/income.

but anyways , more stuff to give eco = more simming ...
stop the incentive to simming :bleh:

if fleet cap is low because of the maintenance , then its a problem with the equation of maintenance or on the numbers it is based on... not with the lack of economy stuff.
and more structures? fleet already grows slow, and waist more space/energy/creds in buildings that arent for production? i don't think so :bleh:

oh well, i was wrong with the initial credits and thought they were enough, seems they weren't and the admins added new extra creds on the tutorial :(
if in the end this request for more eco stuff is granted by the admins too , i hope it is kept simple, like just associating an EXISTING tech to the eco buildings. Like computer raises income of eco centers, and stelar/warp(only the one with highest lvl would count) raises the income of spaceports/trades.

sternenpunk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: KAOS
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby sternenpunk » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 11:04

I don't see a need for more eco. If you think the formula for fleet maintenance is flawed then fix it and don't increase eco. It would only increase the soft cap. And I don't think that the fleet cap is to low anyway, the problems with fleet maintenance costs are elsewhere.

Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 18:24

Focus on the topic, FYI fleet maintenance is not the topic.

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Wed 02 Jul, 2014 22:56

Whis wrote:Focus on the topic, FYI fleet maintenance is not the topic.

Well, technically speaking, anything that results in more econ is related. Cutting fleet maintenance will increase econ, which means that fleet maintenance is relevant to the discussion.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Thu 03 Jul, 2014 05:06

Before fleet maintenance, there was no reason to increase economy. It's absolutely part of the discussion, because it's the only real reason any of the suggestions that end up in this thread would need to be implemented.

Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Thu 03 Jul, 2014 06:01

There is a fleet maintenance thread for that discussion. This thread is for economy boosting for either all servers or AE 2.0 servers depending on the author's request.

hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Thu 03 Jul, 2014 14:07

Wlerin wrote:Before fleet maintenance, there was no reason to increase economy.

and there is now a reason to raise economy? why? so the game goes back to what it was and the maintenance has no effect because we can get creds from everywhere and everything?

Maintenance was implemented, so now... pay it.

What would be the point of implementing something and then implementing more stuff to nullify the previous implementation?
i mean, that is a bit like raising the size of the soccer goal, and then put a brick wall on the that extra length.

Don't get me wrong, its not like i wouldn't change some things on the maintenance, but more eco stuff is not a good answer (neither logic for me) to the "problems"/difficulties, fleet maintenance brought up. For example, what would that extra eco stuff help with the people that are out-numbered and farmed? witch is one of the main things people complain... in nothing! except giving higher pillages and more derbs to who is farming them, cause who is farming them will also have extra eco witch means at the same more fleet to the farmer.

Whis wrote:With AE 2.0 and the emphasis on Econ to grow fleet,

Whis, i´m sorry, don't mean to be a pain, but you said it yourself, "with AE 2.0" witch basically means, with fleet maintenance. For me to argue that it is not needed more eco implementations(or at least nothing to grand), i need to speak about the fleet maintenance. I think we all need, for other reasons too.
It is the reason in why we are discussing more eco stuff in the first place.

why should we implement new things (the eco stuff) if by fixing one thing that is already implemented (maintenance) would be enough to solve the problems of eco? and probably more...

anyways, no worries... i already let my idea to raise eco on the previous post:
hideAndSeek wrote: ... just associating an EXISTING tech to the eco buildings.
Like computer raises income of eco centers ; stelar/warp(only the one with highest lvl would count) raises the income of spaceports/trades.

but mainly , i just wanted to let my opinion that this is not needed, and in how inactive simmers people are that need extra eco stuff to pay the maintenance :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

i´ll restrain myself if i have to post on this thread again... sorry again :oops:

(and a double sorry... i tend to forget we are still worrying about the old servers :oops: )

LesCrow
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: LOVE family of guilds.

Postby LesCrow » Thu 03 Jul, 2014 14:21

Wlerin wrote:Before fleet maintenance, there was no reason to increase economy. It's absolutely part of the discussion, because it's the only real reason any of the suggestions that end up in this thread would need to be implemented.

Something of note. Econ was ok before fleet maintenance came and ruined it and fleet maintenance is a econ penalty so fixing the ruined econ is literally negating fleet maintenance and rendering it pointless. So there is a deeper question here?

Is fleet maintenance the problem? If yes, is it poor implementation or the concept in general that is the problem or is everything fine and people who seem to have an econ problem are just whining because they used to have more than they do now?

My Ans: There is a problem but not an econ problem, everybody has to pay the maintenance so they are all experiencing the credit shortage.

EX: (-o-)/DS(G), SPORK/LOVE(H), I: WL/AUDI(I), UFP/1st(J), SoT(K), DREAM(L)WL(M).
armenia4ever wrote:Seriously, there's not much point to playing when its the Miami Heat vs the local highschool basketball team. Move on to another game and win there.
Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Thu 03 Jul, 2014 16:28

There has been ideas to increase economy before AE 2.0 was implemented. Yes fleet maintenance does bring a greater need for higher econ but that is not what we are discussing. This thread is for raising economy, the fleet maintenance thread is for discussing fleet maintenance.

Don't argue the reasons why, argue the merits of.

LesCrow
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: LOVE family of guilds.

Postby LesCrow » Fri 04 Jul, 2014 13:31

If a new way to make money is included, a way of getting it that does not involve cracking someone else's stuff wide open it will have an impact on game play, something like reducing aggression perhaps; if that can be seen as a merit but otherwise there is none. Everything will get easier for everybody to obtain and the balance will still be as it is today, no effective change, and on the other hand it will negate a feature, "that which must not be named" :paranoid:

EX: (-o-)/DS(G), SPORK/LOVE(H), I: WL/AUDI(I), UFP/1st(J), SoT(K), DREAM(L)WL(M).
armenia4ever wrote:Seriously, there's not much point to playing when its the Miami Heat vs the local highschool basketball team. Move on to another game and win there.
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby SilverKnight » Fri 04 Jul, 2014 20:32

how about tossing a markup on economic benefit for trading with those within guild? Like guild bonus based on guild eco structure of say 1% per level of guild structure.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sun 06 Jul, 2014 03:45

Whis wrote:There has been ideas to increase economy before AE 2.0 was implemented.

The vast majority of them posted by Commander Cody. This fact does not help your case.

Return to “FMR: Frequently Made Requests”