August 2014 FMR review - new carrier ships

Moderator: Support Moderators

Whis
Global Moderator

August 2014 FMR review - new carrier ships

Postby Whis » Fri 01 Aug, 2014 18:19

First in on my thread to request new FMR topics was a rehash of new ships. I don't think we could get much accomplished by just a general discussion of any new ship so I think a narrowed down approach is best.

So let's jump into new carrier units. Basically units that have the express purpose to carry hanger units to and from.

Nightmare Juke Squad

Re: August 2014 FMR review - new carrier ships

Postby Nightmare Juke Squad » Fri 01 Aug, 2014 18:32

Carrier tech (bonus% units max carry), some 100k carrier vvith better cost/hangar ratio than FC at speed 2/2.5, possibly a smaller carrier (ferrier) vvith better cost/hangar ratio than frigs but horrible cost/povver/armor (similar to recs). Nevv speed/vvarp tech making speed increase at 10-30% instead of 5.

Vette hangar/half a hangar.

Destroyers hangar space (1-2).

Some mechanic that makes it so carriers in the same fleet multiplicative increase hangar space (60 + 60 /= 120), leaving extra hangar units on the astro.

Pretty much all the ideas I can think of at the moment.

Dr Rush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A~[{V}]

Postby Dr Rush » Sat 02 Aug, 2014 03:08

Nightmare Juke Squad wrote:Carrier tech (bonus% units max carry), some 100k carrier vvith better cost/hangar ratio than FC at speed 2/2.5, possibly a smaller carrier (ferrier) vvith better cost/hangar ratio than frigs but horrible cost/povver/armor (similar to recs). Nevv speed/vvarp tech making speed increase at 10-30% instead of 5.

Frigates are the stellar speed carrier. There is no justification for another one.

Vette hangar/half a hangar.

/signed

Destroyers hangar space (1-2).

Giving enough hanger space to DE to be relevant instantly causes it to replace frigates.

Some mechanic that makes it so carriers in the same fleet multiplicative increase hangar space (60 + 60 /= 120), leaving extra hangar units on the astro.

huh?

Yes, I'm a *beep* get over it.
Retired: TM for ICO on A, Deputy GM of PRIV on K, OCM for SHANK on L, GM of PRIV on M
Help New players! Contribute to this thread.
Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Sat 02 Aug, 2014 03:49

I think a good place to look for a real solution is:
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=104582

Malkov
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Malkov » Sat 02 Aug, 2014 17:06

I remember once i saw a veteran thingy on ships using exp...could be usefull

Malkov and Pipe-sama <3 wrote:GROVERS MOM, NEVER FORGET

RIP 2014
Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Sarah-bunny » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 00:29

AE 2.0 with fleet maintenance could make it so that FT specs aren't able to compete with other specs since a FT spec "survives" by being that much larger than the other specs... you really have to build your account to be and stay near the top of the fleet rankings in order to be able to be "relevant"

without being really "fed" by a guild much like a CAP spec, on a server without constant warfare keeping fleet sizes well lower on average than the hard cap (where your econ goes literally to zero from your fleet size), i can't see FT specs really being a viable spec anymore (it would become just a niche spec for killing ion frigates)

its still too early on andromeda to know if the sky is falling for FT specs (i'm biased since that's what i've run on all server but one so far), but i tend to think that some solution would be in order... whether making carriers cheaper, or able to carry more FT for the same cost

idk about CV and DE with FT... i tend to think that with more people looking at those as serious specs even without FT-carry ability, that giving them FT could present an interesting game dynamic... perhaps with no adjustment to CA and FC, for AE 2.0 they might replace the FT spec entirely (since you don't have a huge non-combat cost to your fleet)

anything bigger than a FC... idk... i tend to use CA (despite the higher costs) for the speed... it would have to present a significant capacity versus cost benefit over CA and FC to accept a carrier ship that was slower than an FC... with the fleet cap, if the benefits were enough i'm sure some people would try it (e.g. cost twice an FC and carries four times as many FT, slow as a DN though)

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game

FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
SoupCan
Guild: 11th
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby SoupCan » Wed 20 Aug, 2014 23:10

How about a carrier that can actually fight?

like something in between a CA and a FC with 4 shield allowing it to attack fighters/not be weak to them?

Image Ingame: Velocity, Alpha tribune
Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 01:43

SoupCan wrote:How about a carrier that can actually fight?

like something in between a CA and a FC with 4 shield allowing it to attack fighters/not be weak to them?

You mean heavy cruisers?

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 01:45

You mean like an FC?

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:09

You mean like Nagel used to do with carriers?

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Ron Burgandy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ceti:ASG
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Ron Burgandy » Sat 20 Sep, 2014 23:01

We need a carrier ship for Death Stars, a ship that's the same speed.

...lol plus why should i tell you?? your the one who wants to jump in and bite the lion on the nuts
I may not be active, but I am watching ... Always watching :twisted:

Return to “FMR: Frequently Made Requests”