November 2014 FMR Review - UI interface changes

Moderator: Support Moderators

Whis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

November 2014 FMR Review - UI interface changes

Postby Whis » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 23:36

So basically, what do you think could be a good addition, a welcomed removal, etc to any aspect of the game's interface?

Shortcuts, simplifications, etc.

Dr Rush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A~[{V}]

Re: November 2014 FMR Review - UI interface changes

Postby Dr Rush » Mon 03 Nov, 2014 02:48

Off the top of my head.

*Individual check boxes for each base on the empire prod screen.

*Also a keyword that when used in the master input, that takes a given number of units & spreads them across all of your bases in manner that they all finish at the same time.

*Filters for the fleet screen. Such as in-flight, landed, composition, size, damaged, on base, off base, etc.

Yes, I'm a *beep* get over it.
Retired: TM for ICO on A, Deputy GM of PRIV on K, OCM for SHANK on L, GM of PRIV on M
Help New players! Contribute to this thread.
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Mon 03 Nov, 2014 05:28

Some simple and valuable ones that I've been requesting for years:

1: An "Add to queue" button alongside each structure, instead of having to use the dropdown.
2: A "Disband X levels" option for structures.
3: Customizable empire tab. When you click on Empire, you can select which page automatically opens. Also include the option to create tabs with your own bookmarks (meaning astros and any other page in the game, such as the announcements tab).
4: A complete overhaul of the inbox. See one of the half dozen damn good suggestions that have been made in the past, including mine.
5: Color coding players and guilds, particularly on scanners. Let players decide what color a given guild or player will show up as. This already happens on the interactive map without allowing the player to choose, so there's no reason to not let us customize it for ourselves.
6: Programmable notifications. Reminders, timers, etc. Also allow us to choose what notifications we do and do not receive.
7: Add an ability to edit posts on the guild board.
8: Full customization of every screen, including a user home screen. Let people drag and drop options, so that they can have their scanners, the guild board, credit summary, whatever on one page.
9: Expand the empire production screen to include structures and research.
10: Add the effects of commanders into the capacities tab.
11: Separate the member list from the internals tabs. The member list of a guild should be its own tab, rather than at the bottom of whatever tab is open. Also allow people to choose which tab comes up first.
12: For those with activity privs, include the activity of a person next to their name on the guild board.
13: As with the "move fleet here" link, add a "Create trade route here" link. Same functionality.
14: Create a temporary coordinates clipboard. You can press a button next to coordinates to copy them to the clipboard; the ten most recent coordinates are shown there, and can be pasted into any text box or coordinate input field.
15: Add an asterisk or other indicator to a moving fleet when it becomes visible.
16: Allow user-specified alerts for trades that require a second verification to establish, such as non-unique, distance, or econ differential.
17: Create a "cancel all" and "pillage all" option for trades.
18: Add a search option for the ranks and for players, allowing you to see the rank of anyone and not just the top 1,000.
19: Create more user-defined aspects to the "show guilds" option on the interactive menu. Show unoccupied bases, show bases of players above a given level, etc.
20: Fix the goddamned parsing on defenses so that they don't copy like this:

Command Centers
Jump Gate
Capital
Ion Turrets
Planetary Shield
Planetary Ring
5 / 5
10 / 10
20 / 20

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
loshi1505
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [ANIME]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby loshi1505 » Mon 03 Nov, 2014 23:34

Winchester wrote:*snip*
99.9% of what he said... I'm sure there's 1 idea in there I disagree with.... but I just can't find it. >_<

Hasdrubal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Hasdrubal » Wed 26 Nov, 2014 23:24

Winchester wrote:Some simple and valuable ones that I've been requesting for years:
Looks like you waited for such question.

I would like to have at least one of these:

1. Position of own guild bases visible on either galactic map, region map or guild page. No further information is needed, as people could find crucial info alone, examining the locations.

2. Economy page - remove redundant eco info, either leave left eco current/eco max or right eco max info. However, one can be replaced with total eco (TR included)

3. Add move button to Fleet list, probably put the possibility to choose galaxy, region or system map on the fleet list (saves 1-2 clicks and refreshes)

4. Allow commanders to move from astros (as when they are not deployed yet) - not UI interface, but let it be here.

5. TR - divide display of TR to three parts - active ones, inactive ones (needed to be accepted) and TR with inactive players (+40 days inactive)

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Mon 01 Dec, 2014 21:10

Dr Rush wrote:Off the top of my head.

*Also a keyword that when used in the master input, that takes a given number of units & spreads them across all of your bases in manner that they all finish at the same time.

*Filters for the fleet screen. Such as in-flight, landed, composition, size, damaged, on base, off base, etc.
(a) my screen has individual boxes pwer astro on production screen so are u sayin u want rectangles not squares?

(b) we do have a keyword its called "hours" type in say 8 hours in production square and it makes enough units and it abbreviates it as "8 h"

(c) we alreayd have such filters on the interactive map if u are upgraded i use the static map myself tho since orcs are very poor in the eyesite dept...

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 01 Dec, 2014 23:12

Dr Rush wrote:Off the top of my head.

fendelius wrote:(a) my screen has individual boxes pwer astro on production screen so are u sayin u want rectangles not squares?
check boxes
fendelius wrote:(b) we do have a keyword its called "hours" type in say 8 hours in production square and it makes enough units and it abbreviates it as "8 h"
This works... you just have to divide the cost of how many you want to build by your total prod.
fendelius wrote:(c) we alreayd have such filters on the interactive map if u are upgraded i use the static map myself tho since orcs are very poor in the eyesite dept...
Uh, no, I don't believe you do.
Hasdrubal wrote:1. Position of own guild bases visible on either galactic map, region map or guild page. No further information is needed, as people could find crucial info alone, examining the locations.
If you've visited the region in the last 30 days, this is already available to you. Otherwise, no, I'd rather spies had to work for their info.
Hasdrubal wrote:5. TR - divide display of TR to three parts - active ones, inactive ones (needed to be accepted) and TR with inactive players (+40 days inactive)
I believe you can already sort by active/inactive routes. What does it matter if the player is inactive? If his economy isn't keeping up with yours, drop him.

Tetrahedrix

Postby Tetrahedrix » Tue 02 Dec, 2014 04:10

I'd really like a more interactive profile and guild interface. BB codes limit you so much in the creativity department. Flashier guild pages leads to easier recruitment.
I would very much like to reinforce these parts as well:
When viewing another player's planet, have a "Set Trade Route" button.

Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Rajam » Sun 07 Dec, 2014 00:19

Winchester wrote:Some simple and valuable ones that I've been requesting for years:

1: An "Add to queue" button alongside each structure, instead of having to use the dropdown.
2: A "Disband X levels" option for structures.
3: Customizable empire tab. When you click on Empire, you can select which page automatically opens. Also include the option to create tabs with your own bookmarks (meaning astros and any other page in the game, such as the announcements tab).
4: A complete overhaul of the inbox. See one of the half dozen damn good suggestions that have been made in the past, including mine.
5: Color coding players and guilds, particularly on scanners. Let players decide what color a given guild or player will show up as. This already happens on the interactive map without allowing the player to choose, so there's no reason to not let us customize it for ourselves.
6: Programmable notifications. Reminders, timers, etc. Also allow us to choose what notifications we do and do not receive.
8: Full customization of every screen, including a user home screen. Let people drag and drop options, so that they can have their scanners, the guild board, credit summary, whatever on one page.
10: Add the effects of commanders into the capacities tab.
11: Separate the member list from the internals tabs. The member list of a guild should be its own tab, rather than at the bottom of whatever tab is open. Also allow people to choose which tab comes up first.
12: For those with activity privs, include the activity of a person next to their name on the guild board.
13: As with the "move fleet here" link, add a "Create trade route here" link. Same functionality.
14: Create a temporary coordinates clipboard. You can press a button next to coordinates to copy them to the clipboard; the ten most recent coordinates are shown there, and can be pasted into any text box or coordinate input field.
15: Add an asterisk or other indicator to a moving fleet when it becomes visible.
16: Allow user-specified alerts for trades that require a second verification to establish, such as non-unique, distance, or econ differential.
17: Create a "cancel all" and "pillage all" option for trades.
18: Add a search option for the ranks and for players, allowing you to see the rank of anyone and not just the top 1,000.
19: Create more user-defined aspects to the "show guilds" option on the interactive menu. Show unoccupied bases, show bases of players above a given level, etc.
20: Fix the goddamned parsing on defenses so that they don't copy like this:

Command Centers
Jump Gate
Capital
Ion Turrets
Planetary Shield
Planetary Ring
5 / 5
10 / 10
20 / 20
I like these. It's sad though, that the FR forums are where good ideas go to die. :(

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
Blood saint
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Citizen of ROME

Postby Blood saint » Mon 08 Dec, 2014 16:41

Smaller clusters and guilds for 1.5 on new servers.

Alpha server goes free to play to keep to keep the server alive and get the server player base growing again, could even help AE overall.
ON 2.0
Recyclers need to pick up 40 credits a hour because of the Fleet maintenance.
Fleet carriers/ Carriers need a Fleet maintenance Nurf because you raped my favorite SPEC.

K-50s N-EARTH P-VOID A2-STORM
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Mon 08 Dec, 2014 19:28

Blood saint wrote:Alpha server goes free to play to keep to keep the server alive and get the server player base growing again, could even help AE overall.
Uh... it already is free to play?

Blood saint
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Citizen of ROME

Postby Blood saint » Wed 10 Dec, 2014 12:54

Wlerin wrote:
Blood saint wrote:Alpha server goes free to play to keep to keep the server alive and get the server player base growing again, could even help AE overall.
I was more going for totally free to play.

K-50s N-EARTH P-VOID A2-STORM
Dr Rush
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A~[{V}]

Postby Dr Rush » Tue 16 Dec, 2014 06:14

Blood saint wrote:
Wlerin wrote:
You mean no more upgrades to guarantee it dies right?

Yes, I'm a *beep* get over it.
Retired: TM for ICO on A, Deputy GM of PRIV on K, OCM for SHANK on L, GM of PRIV on M
Help New players! Contribute to this thread.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Tue 16 Dec, 2014 06:30

Blood saint wrote:
Wlerin wrote:
That's not what "free to play" means, though.

Return to “FMR: Frequently Made Requests”