Sept 2018 FMR Topic: Automated Fleet Movements

Moderator: Support Moderators

Whis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sept 2018 FMR Topic: Automated Fleet Movements

Postby Whis » Sun 09 Sep, 2018 09:58

It’s been a while, but here we are. Another installment in the FMR reviews, Automated fleet movements.

With the (somewhat) recent feature of the auto scout, the question begging to be answered is what other fleet movements could/should be automated?

Your current suggestions:
<Space reserved for suggestions below>

PS. If there is an FMR that you feel should be discussed, shoot me a PM and I will see about getting it it’s own thread.

The Monarch
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RageX]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Sept 2018 FMR Topic: Automated Fleet Movements

Postby The Monarch » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 14:21

With cluster sizes, it could bring all out Mayhem.

Servers would need to be bigger in cluster size, and I think maybe a very slight increase in the distance between galaxies.

I back this. It'd be convient for me (when I played AE) for moving my fleet carriers to collect fighters, off then to the jump gate and blob.

Imagine what blob wars would be like if guilds could sync fleet movement with automated movement to trap each other majestically

Maybe to put the icing on the cake then, an overhaul of the player level protection

What can I do to you that life hasn't already?
swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 03:35

No

Whis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 13:03

I was more thinking along the lines of fleet moving automatically to one of your bases when they produce.

The Monarch
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby The Monarch » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 15:40

Whis wrote:I was more thinking along the lines of fleet moving automatically to one of your bases when they produce.

Or even your guilds highest gate in that galaxy

Philosopher Cody
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [{V}]

Postby Philosopher Cody » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 15:53

I think one big area of improvement is to be able to allow guilds to better coordinate fleet movements. Sometimes guilds would like everyone to move at the exact same time. I would like to see a feature that lets you set up one automatic fleet movement per day, with at most 24 hours advanced notice. This would only work for existing fleets, not fleet that is produced then automatically moved. Basically the player would set which fleet they would like to have moved. Then enter in its destination coordinates, and finally the server time for when the movement would take place.

This could help with blob crashing because then everyone in the guild could move at the same time. Maybe instead of setting the time in which the fleet would leave, you could put in the time you want the fleet to arrive at or have an option for both. This could make team playing more viable and easier and increase the level of cooperation within guilds.

This would also help those that cannot be on 24 hours. Not everyone can devote every minute of their life to this game. So if they could set up an automatic movement, then they could go to bed, work, and live their lives while still being able to join in and be competitive.

But this has to be limited in scope because otherwise people will use it for every type of fleet movement. I think a balance of 1 per day would be reasonable and add some value to the game.

The Monarch
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby The Monarch » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 19:23

How about automated Fleet movements for upgraded accounts?

Could set a max of maybe 5 a day with up to two movements per fleet.

You'd need to maybe tweak the distance between universes so this doesn't break civilisation in servers and result in all out *beep* fest.

This would increase trade value, and make levelling up to a good level fairly rapidly. It'd keep servers fresh, but unfortunately I don't think it would benefit the stale and moldy legacy servers

Edit:

Don't be afraid to challenge the input guys, I hounded Wiz to give more of an input on feature requests, and I've gotten committment from a few of the mods on it too.

If we could actually all use this thread to build a solid FR to upgrade to the board, we do have a chance at getting a solid yay or neigh from wizard about it.

He is listening to the community alot more, even if it is a few years abit late, but we are the community so why don't we try push a few ideas through?

Return to “FMR: Frequently Made Requests”