"The Teens" Becoming Greatest Cluster of all Time!!

Huntasan
Guild: FPS
Galaxy: Andromeda

Re: "The Teens" Becoming Greatest Cluster of all Time!!

Postby Huntasan » Wed 22 Apr, 2015 22:52

FrostyGoblin wrote:
Super Grover wrote:
FrostyGoblin wrote:Not in football
I dunno, we came in 2nd and 3rd in the past two world cups, so apart from the squad of foreign import Germany plays with we're pretty much performing better than most :shhh:
Not the first time Germany has rolled over everyone.
In soccer perhaps, but their World War record is horrible.

Rafen
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Rafen » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:03

What is they say? Third times a charm.

Wait

Third Reich, Third world war, Third times a charm.

CONSPIRACY.

Brave Sir Rafen and his shining lance of truth.
Super Grover
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Super Grover » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:03

Huntasan wrote:
FrostyGoblin wrote:Not the first time Germany has rolled over everyone.
what's a soccer?

I was a dam builder, across the river deep and wide. Where steel and water did collide. I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below. They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound, but I am still around.
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Col. Caulk's Windmill
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby GundamMerc » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 15:13

Huntasan wrote:
FrostyGoblin wrote:
Super Grover wrote: I dunno, we came in 2nd and 3rd in the past two world cups, so apart from the squad of foreign import Germany plays with we're pretty much performing better than most :shhh:
Not the first time Germany has rolled over everyone.
Their World War record involves all of Europe ganging up on them just for equivalency. And the Second World War included the US in that bargain...

When it takes most of the world to stop you, you're doing something right.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
Huntasan

Postby Huntasan » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 15:47

My apologies, but you can blame the Brits for that one. They are the ones to first start calling it Soccer to differentiate it from Rugby football.

Huntasan

Postby Huntasan » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 16:06

We (USA) got in on the first one too. Didn't want to, but when somebody keeps using military subs to take out civilian merchant ships you gotta smack that *beep*.
If your doing something right the whole world won't stop you... they will copy you.

JigokuShoujo
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A: Ni/MIN
O:ADHD/OFATE
Andro: MJ

Postby JigokuShoujo » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 17:18

dubble post would be lalloh kahd 4me.

in any case what sport name have to do with awesomeness of teens?

You make me violate you, no matter who you are!
Alpha and Omega. when in doubt i blame Grover.
JokeySmurf wrote:you guys i have a feeling you are not going to win against this one. Jig seems, Determined.
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby GundamMerc » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 22:22

Huntasan wrote:We (USA) got in on the first one too. Didn't want to, but when somebody keeps using military subs to take out civilian merchant ships you gotta smack that *beep*.
If your doing something right the whole world won't stop you... they will copy you.
*notes how every major power had subs after WWI and uses armored divisions in the same vein as Germany's after WWII, as well as the US and Soviet Union having a race to see who could grab the most German scientists after WWII* Hmmm... I don't see any copying being done there. *sarcasm*

The US technically joined the war in 1917, but didn't really have a true presence until 1918. So basically we at most became a giant reserve army for Britain and France.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 22:28

Eh, the bit about German scientists is both true and a red herring. On the one hand, guys like Wernher von Braun were brilliant in their own right, and we wanted that for ourselves. But on the other hand, it was as much a matter of keeping whatever value they had from getting into the hands of the other side. We wanted to stifle the Soviets as much as possible, so that meant snatching up German scientists just in case they helped the Soviets.

As for the rest, it's arguably that military science was already moving towards things like submarines and armored divisions, and that the Germans simply got there first. That isn't to say that the Germans weren't brilliant when it came to warfare - well, for the most part - but rather that it isn't as clear a case of emulation as you make it out to be.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby GundamMerc » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 02:24

Winchester wrote:Eh, the bit about German scientists is both true and a red herring. On the one hand, guys like Wernher von Braun were brilliant in their own right, and we wanted that for ourselves. But on the other hand, it was as much a matter of keeping whatever value they had from getting into the hands of the other side. We wanted to stifle the Soviets as much as possible, so that meant snatching up German scientists just in case they helped the Soviets.

As for the rest, it's arguably that military science was already moving towards things like submarines and armored divisions, and that the Germans simply got there first. That isn't to say that the Germans weren't brilliant when it came to warfare - well, for the most part - but rather that it isn't as clear a case of emulation as you make it out to be.
Agreed on the scientist part.

On military science, armored divisions weren't a sure thing leading up to WWII. During the first years of it, Britain and France were very much in the school of Infantry Support Tanks (building heavy, slow and well-armored vehicles that were divvied up among the infantry forces), with Britain also dividing their limited resources into developing "Cruiser" tanks in the style of the old cavalry. America was even worse off organizationally and materially at the start of the war regarding tanks, but I'll not get into that can of worms. The only other country I can name that was forming similar forces was the Soviet Union. Unfortunately for them, a combination of factors, including the officer purges, lead to the Soviet Union not being well placed to take advantage of this at the beginning of the eastern front fighting.

The thing the Germans had going for them at the beginning of the war was leadership (Heinz Guderian, Rommel, Hoth, Manstein, Rundstedt, etc), and the panzer divisions which both provided combined arms in the form of tanks, motorized infantry, and artillery (eventually SP artillery); as well as providing localized concentration of tank forces, allowing them to be able to overwhelm enemies that had the same number of tanks, but divvied up among individual units.

Rabid Parrots
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: [Inc]

Postby Rabid Parrots » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 07:29

Which guild is World War I Germany? I don't get it.

Cloud NiiNe
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: P: VoID
A2: RAWR
B2: ROMA
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Cloud NiiNe » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:40

CURa I guess?

Active: P-VoID, A2-RAWR, B2-ROMA

Retired: O-OFACE, M-BURN/SA, N-some guild
Karsus
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: F: ex-[GOON]
A2: [PPD]
B2: [BOB]

Postby Karsus » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 16:57

reethok wrote:We need to start doing IQ tests before allowing to post.
just a captcha would work for a lot of posters here

Tears spread my creep!
Dr. Fappo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Dr. Fappo » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 19:38

Hardly anyone is posting here. :paranoid:

http://cupcakerecipes.eu - A Heaven for Cupcake Enthusiasts
Cloud NiiNe
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: P: VoID
A2: RAWR
B2: ROMA
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Cloud NiiNe » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 05:55

I'm just simming more CVs under the false impression it is an actual fleet spec. :paranoid:

Active: P-VoID, A2-RAWR, B2-ROMA

Retired: O-OFACE, M-BURN/SA, N-some guild

Return to “Andromeda”