Guild: BSMF
MODS
RAVE
(-o-)

Re: LOTP Invasion Fails

Postby Twerk Team » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 17:56

"We're a new guild and alliance"
*proceeds to promptly aid Addex*

yeah, sure thing, buddy. you keep telling yourself that lmao. Addex pets are funny with their delusions.

Fett wrote:I wanna be relevant.
Snozberriez
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: ~Diplo/ Co GM of DOGE~

Postby Snozberriez » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 18:07

zed shadowmaster wrote:Sha what i would do is try building base's each way and see what works the best for u ................me i like very high econ and crap defenses with fleet protecting the base
zed is the reason we lost vietnam -sweargen, 2014

zed shadowmaster

Postby zed shadowmaster » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 18:18

now thats funny when i find out how to rep someone ill have to give him a rep point for that

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 20:49

Snozberriez wrote:
zed shadowmaster wrote:Sha what i would do is try building base's each way and see what works the best for u ................me i like very high econ and crap defenses with fleet protecting the base
zed is the reason we lost vietnam -sweargen, 2014

OMG lol

if ya going to copy and paste something least paste the whole conversation so it least makes a lil sense snoz

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 20:57

[12:45:42 AM] XxXxX: isn't he some retired war vet
[12:45:54 AM] Snoz: oh god i hope not
[12:45:57 AM]XxXxXx : I feel like i heard that some where lol
[8:55:10 AM] Kevin : well that would explain why we lost the vietnam war then
[8:55:42 AM] Kevin : him telling everyone that they are fighting the wrong way and are using the wrong defenses on the army bases

There is the main part of it all lmao

Sha
Guild: A2 LTMH
B2 Dark
Q Qjump

Postby Sha » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 22:15

/facepalm

10 spy accounts
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby 10 spy accounts » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 23:28

Twerk Team wrote:"We're a new guild and alliance"
*proceeds to promptly aid Addex*

yeah, sure thing, buddy. you keep telling yourself that lmao. Addex pets are funny with their delusions.
You where saying its a shame when i know what your leadership is planning before you do.

PATH_Officer

Postby PATH_Officer » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 23:39

Nuetrality only goes so far after threats are recieved. This isn't a pernament thing as well. Consider it the Soviet Union (us) and Usa (Pax) And Nazi Germany (Bob). If this somehow goes well, we arent going to be forever allies with them till the day we die. As history reflects.

Bloody Caesar
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: various

Postby Bloody Caesar » Fri 24 Oct, 2014 00:09

Wlerin wrote:
Bloody Caesar wrote:
Cloud NiiNe wrote: I must be uninformed from not ever pressing the VM button, but it was my understanding that you stop generating credits after 12h.
Actually you keep generating eco even after 4 days which is the cutoff for inactivity eco.
You get 50% eco, ships travel at 50% speed, and everything builds at 50% speed.
No? You can't move ships in VM and speed is set at launch. They can't move at "50% speed". The other stuff yeh, but only for items that were queued before VM started, and began building during VM. Everything else continues at the rate it had when it was purchased.
I never said you could move ships during vacation mode...
For some reason I thought ships slowed down in vaca. I was probably not sober when I wrote that. Also I've used vacation mode a total of pretty much never. I think I might have used it one time when I was going out of town for 3 days with no internet access and there was a possibility of being invaded while I was gone on like... Lyra or something.

Some noob who's played for years and is still a noob :P
Ex various guilds/servers and actively inactive
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 27 Oct, 2014 10:16

10 spy accounts wrote:Just cause your base is unprofitable dont mean your a turtle. Now there are 3 type of defenses:

1. Profitable base: little to no defenses with a econ above the reguired defense to make the base unprofitable these bases are usually targeted by ninjas and end up hurt that player game play while feeding the enemy. Ex: 120 econ with ITs or MTs

2. Defended base: where you you defenses fit your econ you only use the nessary area to adjust your defenses to your econ while alsi having the proper fleet to deter enemy ninjas. It keeps your econ stable it do not feed the enemy allow you to concentrate on other things. Ex: 140 with DTs

3. Turtle base: short version using up unnessessary area energy to build defenses that is not need for your base econ hurting your econ by limiting the build of other needed structures in order for your account to progress (free accounts) are effected by this more than upgraded accounts. Example: 60 econ base with PhT or a mass of turrets combined
Now *this* is 100% wrong.

For starters, 60 econ with PhT can be profitable. 140 + LDs with DT definitely is.

Beyond that, there's no such thing as "defenses that fit your econ". Econ can tell you what too much defense is, but not too little. For that you need to consider your threats, and especially what threats you or your guild can't handle by blowing it up pre-emptively.

Ninjas are threats. Ideally, your guild should be active enough to kill them either as they land or before they can make a hit (or more than one at least). If they aren't active enough or don't have enough fleet or whatever, then building DT to deter them may be a reasonable response. Or, just leave massive gobs of fleet on your bases (when not being invaded). Most ninjas can't afford to bring recs, so they won't be as eager to turn them into derbs. Those who do bring recs are easier to catch.

If you're getting invaded it's because you didn't build enough infrastructure and fleet, not because you didn't build enough defenses.

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Sat 01 Nov, 2014 05:28

Zanthus wrote:
Sha wrote:Wait I thought the idea was to NOT be profitable :eh: how is not being profitable, "not doing it right" ..... this you trying to funny ?
Because if your base isn't profitable that means you are a turtle and are essentially hurting yourself. A 70/100 econ base with a level 1 photon is better than a 50/50 base with a level 2 dizzie. The point of defenses shouldn't be to make your base unprofitable. It should either be to force your opponent to send a large enough fleet that it shows up on scanners and gives you time to react, or at the very least whittle away some of a ninja fleet so it limits the amount of targets they can hit after they hit yours. Ultimately you defend your base by blowing up the enemies fleet rather than hope they pass on your base to hit something else.
OMG, someone who actually GETS IT!!!

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
n8dawg50
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby n8dawg50 » Sat 01 Nov, 2014 10:34

LOLOL at 10 Spy who thinks making your base unprofitable benefits you.

Back in the Hardcore days of WL I used to have bases 100+ econ with one missile turret and never get hit. Why would I waste my time building defence when I could build more productive structures.

Cloud NiiNe
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: P: VoID
A2: RAWR
B2: ROMA
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Cloud NiiNe » Sat 01 Nov, 2014 10:43

Why have defenses when you blow up anyone who tries to hit you :o

Active: P-VoID, A2-RAWR, B2-ROMA

Retired: O-OFACE, M-BURN/SA, N-some guild