Blob Crash Splits

Lite-Reborn
Silver Member
Silver Member

Blob Crash Splits

Postby Lite-Reborn » Wed 12 Nov, 2014 03:30

So we just had someone quit because he was indignant that our split system was losses multiplied by guild profit ratio, he wanted to collect what he made. First crash in B03 was 1.01 ratio and second was 1.1, I thought pretty good based on evenly matched fleets, lack of real cap fleets and low armor tech. Nothing was taken from general split for caps or JGs, everything was voluntarily donated by people. I tried to rationally explain that when a 150 people crash another 150 people with lag, luck, etc. you can't just have everyone collect what they make.

Has there ever been a relevant guild in the history of AE that splits based on what you made?

Igor
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Blob Crash Splits

Postby Igor » Wed 12 Nov, 2014 03:54

No. You put a margin in a ratio of how much you lost in relation to how much derbs there are, save the conditions of an extremely bad ratio caused by you (for example: >1.5:1, losses) and the extra margin towards the Capitol guys.

Example, you sent 50 players with 70M fleet total for a rough battle, you lost 60M, generated 50M debris total. There were 5 Capitol guys.
The extra margin destined to the Capitol guys is of 250% over their losses. Supposedly, the 5 Capitols guys killed 3M fleet each one, and lost 250k each, then their debris consequently is 625k each.
50M-3.125M = 46.875M. Margin/Ratio to the rest (considering there was none stupid attack), 46.875/60 = ~0.78 over the losses. Simple as this. The major problem is when players do stupid hits, where the leaders have to analyze each situation accurately for a batter guild enviroment and a for a better prosperity for the guild as a whole.

I'm sorry, English isn't my first language.
B R A Z I L
Uber RoXorz Winzer
Guild: [Royal]
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Uber RoXorz Winzer » Wed 12 Nov, 2014 05:49

From what I can tell in the Pax derb split caps don't get a special bonus right off the bat, leadership just counted all the debris created and divided by the amount of players to find out what % each got (in comparison to what they lost) in our case we got like a .95 ratio so everyone got slightly less than what they created - mostly due to low armor tech.

Where Caps got more is after the fact when there is a choice to donate some of your debris collected to the cap builders or to the gate builders. There were a lot of donations so maybe it was around 2x or 3x what they created.

I shoot for the stars, no I will own the stars.
Lite-Reborn
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Lite-Reborn » Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:21

Yep, there can be more complicated variations of loss times profit margin depending on cap rapes. I was just trying to figure out where this guy was coming from, claimed every guild he's been in since Pegasus lets him collect the actual debri he creates every time rather than guild averaged profit. I haven't played much of the last couple servers so I wasn't sure if this new wave of splits was taking hold.

Cloud NiiNe
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: P: VoID
A2: RAWR
B2: ROMA
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Cloud NiiNe » Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:24

Lite-Reborn wrote:Yep, there can be more complicated variations of loss times profit margin depending on cap rapes. I was just trying to figure out where this guy was coming from, claimed every guild he's been in since Pegasus lets him collect the actual debri he creates every time rather than guild averaged profit. I haven't played much of the last couple servers so I wasn't sure if this new wave of splits was taking hold.
Unless he was playing in VoID or MOE, I doubt it. Even then, that was because we got great crash ratios there.

Active: P-VoID, A2-RAWR, B2-ROMA

Retired: O-OFACE, M-BURN/SA, N-some guild
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Wed 12 Nov, 2014 07:14

The exact method usually depends on the profit ratio of the crash. Obviously you *want* people to be able to recoup their losses, but that can't always happen. Especially when they make stupid hits.

That said I don't think I've ever seen any guild, or even any group of players working together, in which every player got to collect what they made, unless there was 0 derb splitting happening at all (i.e. no leadership involvement, no one taking initiative to direct a coordinated attack).

Imho, if he can't understand why that's a terrible idea when more than two people are involved, then good riddance.

Return to “Bravo”