Is this how LOL operates?

Carleto39

Is this how LOL operates?

Postby Carleto39 » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 05:43

Browsing these forums, I've seen some pretty underhanded tactics used, but this has to take the cake. Legion of Superior Empires(LSE) decided to put a spy, who I now know has multiple server accounts in Bravo into my guild which is way way way below them in rankings, and has been around less than two weeks. And during that time he gets all of our guild base info, fleet strength, tactics, chain of command, the whole nine yards. And then proceeds to take it to LSE and LOL to extort us, a tiny little guild to join them!

Here's some of the messages:

[LSE] Capt. Jack Sparrow4 Mar 2015, 20:28:22
Now is the time to be a leader, you can ask to be a sub guild of LSE and ill see if we can bring you under our protection or you can not and CB/LOL is going to harass you.

[LSE] Capt. Jack Sparrow4 Mar 2015, 20:29:28
CB/LOL is a large guild.... word spreads pretty slow..... the faster you decide, the faster i can get word out to not attack you.

Now clearly, me posting this isnt going to stop them, since they have ZERO shame, but I jsut wanted to put it out there for other guilds/players to see. Heck, I'm curious, is there a top guild that DOESN'T backstab/extort smaller guilds for their own gain?

Daddymon

Re: Is this how LOL operates?

Postby Daddymon » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 10:25

Interesting you think [LOL] would need to do anything you suggest here if your guild is smaller than [LSE] then you are of no consequence to us. And we are active enough to get the information you describe without infiltrating your guild. But if you need to believe this to feel important then go on ahead.

Carleto39

Postby Carleto39 » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 12:20

I could care less about "feeling important". The messages right there clearly show LOL harassment. I simply find it intriguing that people complain about the lack of new players, but once a group of excited new people join, they're shoved face first into the ground by a guild that has nothing to better to do than sniff out potential farms. But bravo on your efficiency, you managed to alienate a dozen people in less than a week.

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby SilverKnight » Fri 06 Mar, 2015 02:55

Sounds to me you just have no clue on how to run a guild on AE. AE does have a steep learning curve, so that is perfectly normal.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Carleto39

Postby Carleto39 » Fri 06 Mar, 2015 11:08

:shock: The iconic SK posts on my rant?

I'm so flatter-

Oh wait, no, I'm not. You're probably the most pathetic person on this entire forum. My dog could *beep* a better argument than you. In fact, there is probably noone's opinion that I value less than your's. Heck, I'd probably take someone like Irisheyes and make their word gospel before I listened to a single word you say.

Sha
Guild: A2 LTMH
B2 Dark
Q Qjump

Postby Sha » Fri 06 Mar, 2015 18:30

SK You have a fan :shock: :dance:

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 04:54

WOW
someone for sure got sand in their vagina

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 06:05

swearengen wrote:WOW

With extra salty tears.

He probably should read my advisory for new GM's, because he did every point wrong.

In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 06:42

uhh?? is that even possible??

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 07:29

fendelius wrote:

uhh?? is that even possible??

Happens almost as frequently as aliens.

Carleto, please PM me in game, maybe I can help you get this sorted properly.

DarkHorse
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby DarkHorse » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 15:48

SK - did you play and lead guild/league/tribe or whatever in other similar browser games?

did you win any server with at least 5 k active accounts?

if answer is yes on both questions please link me your guide - will gladly read it :)

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 21:25

DarkHorse wrote:SK - did you play and lead guild/league/tribe or whatever in other similar browser games?

did you win any server with at least 5 k active accounts?

if answer is yes on both questions please link me your guide - will gladly read it :)

I did on other games. In Dragon's call during my 6 month AE hiatus, I had the Guild Leadership dropped on me after the top half of the guild abandoned ship to join the other team. I rebuilt the guild from 46th place, back to to top 3. It was known as "Mostly Harmless" and I was "Timtheenchanter"

In Dragon's of Atlantis, managed to turn around a dead guild into a live one, getting it into the top 10. Did that on several servers.

Generally, it's not hard to lead a guild, if you either master the mechanics yourself, or you got people who have. I usually was the second case. I am good at recognizing talent --- and often that talent exceed my performance.

as for link to my AE blog... it's in my signature, it's not a secret, it costs nothing, and it's publicly available.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 22:12

Carleto39 wrote:The messages right there clearly show LOL harassment.

That's not harassment. And it also doesn't "take the cake". The fact that they're even giving you a chance to join them, instead of just farming you into the ground, is a kindness.

I'd love it if small guilds could/were allowed to survive, but it almost never happens. There are a number of reasons for this, beyond just bossy people being bossy:

1. Merging for ops signals to the whole server that you're going on an op. But if you just stay merged...
  2. A few large, active accounts are better than hundreds of small ones, so the largest accounts tend to get fed. Micro-guilds with terrible accounts feeding on their own inactives is undesirable.
  3. Putting together a reliable leadership team is surprisingly difficult, especially with all the multi-spies trying to get on said team. The fewer teams involved in your alliance, and the fewer eyes privy to your plans, the better.
  4. Related to 3, it's harder to effectively backstab from within the guild than from a separate, allied guild. If you don't trust (or even know) the other GMs in your local alliance, better to bring them into the fold where you can keep a closer eye on them.
  5. Guild-wide communication is easier on the boards than through PMs, and while external alternatives exist (skype, forums, etc.), most of the rank-and-file won't bother with them.
  6. If the leaders of other local guilds aren't properly motivating their players to build their accounts effectively (i.e. don't turtle, don't be inactive, don't build on glacials unless your name is Aria or Yuki), it's hard to convince them to do so without taking over their guild or sacrificing a valuable member of your own team to oversee theirs. Best to just merge.
  7. Sometimes a smaller guild just controls something you need. e.g. the x0 or x9 galaxies. If you can't trust them (e.g. because they won't allow you to build gates in those galaxies, and/or they are terrible (cf. point 6)), best to just annex them.

JigokuShoujo
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A: Ni/MIN
O:ADHD/OFATE
Andro: MJ
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby JigokuShoujo » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 02:15

Wlerin wrote:
Carleto39 wrote:The messages right there clearly show LOL harassment.

That's not harassment. And it also doesn't "take the cake". The fact that they're even giving you a chance to join them, instead of just farming you into the ground, is a kindness.

I'd love it if small guilds could/were allowed to survive, but it almost never happens. There are a number of reasons for this, beyond just bossy people being bossy:

1. Merging for ops signals to the whole server that you're going on an op. But if you just stay merged...
  2. A few large, active accounts are better than hundreds of small ones, so the largest accounts tend to get fed. Micro-guilds with terrible accounts feeding on their own inactives is undesirable.
  3. Putting together a reliable leadership team is surprisingly difficult, especially with all the multi-spies trying to get on said team. The fewer teams involved in your alliance, and the fewer eyes privy to your plans, the better.
  4. Related to 3, it's harder to effectively backstab from within the guild than from a separate, allied guild. If you don't trust (or even know) the other GMs in your local alliance, better to bring them into the fold where you can keep a closer eye on them.
  5. Guild-wide communication is easier on the boards than through PMs, and while external alternatives exist (skype, forums, etc.), most of the rank-and-file won't bother with them.
  6. If the leaders of other local guilds aren't properly motivating their players to build their accounts effectively (i.e. don't turtle, don't be inactive, don't build on glacials unless your name is Aria or Yuki), it's hard to convince them to do so without taking over their guild or sacrificing a valuable member of your own team to oversee theirs. Best to just merge.
  7. Sometimes a smaller guild just controls something you need. e.g. the x0 or x9 galaxies. If you can't trust them (e.g. because they won't allow you to build gates in those galaxies, and/or they are terrible (cf. point 6)), best to just annex them.

"I'd love it if small guilds could/were allowed to survive, but it almost never happens" - it does happen in any case [MJ] survive well on Andro.
just have to be willing to fight and be useful to allies. and have big allies.

contradicktory?
especially with all the multi-spies trying to get on said team. The fewer teams involved in your alliance, and the fewer eyes privy to your plans, the better. VS> If you don't trust (or even know) the other GMs in your local alliance, better to bring them into the fold where you can keep a closer eye on them. (because they can now read all your boards, i think)

You make me violate you, no matter who you are!
Alpha and Omega. when in doubt i blame Grover.
JokeySmurf wrote:you guys i have a feeling you are not going to win against this one. Jig seems, Determined.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 03:16

If you don't personally know every last person in your guilds, then you shouldn't put critical information on the boards. Period. Spies should be assumed. I'm talking more about leadership, who can do much greater damage if compromised.

Return to “Bravo”