Zerg these numbers

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Re: Zerg these numbers

Postby SilverKnight » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 07:11

RED was the number 3 guild at one point.

A bit of a paper tiger for us, but still had fleet and economy in the mix there.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 14:41

I haven't read all six pages of this thread, but if I recall correctly, didn't we agree a long time ago that ~100 players was the minimum threshold for zerging, below which it'd be ludicrous to accuse a guild of that despicable 'tactic'? And doesn't GLORY have 126? I mean, yeah the averages are snazzy, but that doesn't make you less of a hulking, fatty, disgusting behemoth.

Not that I care.

Granted having more than 100 doesn't automagically mean zerg, except it kinda does when none of your opponents have even close.

Kedart
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: E2 - [TILT]

Postby Kedart » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 16:28

If 120 is a hulking, fatty behemoth, then what are the teens? PB + CU alone is 106, add SMURF into the mix and you are talking 193 strong. With their *beep* averages that will probably mean our fleet counts will be somewhat similar, but I digress.

If 100+ is a zerg, the only clusters not zerging are the lol20s and even lol'er30s... which I guess is a fair assessment. Maybe the lowers and teens can keep each other occupied so we can see some lulz in the 20s and 30s, who knows.

Servers: P - BDSM | B2 - HIVE | C2 - ALL | D2 - DOGE | E2 - TILT | F2 - PPD | R - FRANK
Also known as Homura
Trolll
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: In your guild somewhere ;)

Postby Trolll » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 16:32

This sounds familiar except clusters are reversed. :paranoid:

~Quake
Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Baylor » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 17:11

100 used to be a good minimum standard for the definition of zerg, around N through P era perhaps. With 2.0 we learned that all guilds needed more zerg to be viable, I'd say 120-150 is a more realistic minimum range nowadays.

A10s has 429 players in that cluster for example. That's a superzerg. 100 can't even be considered a zerg in this context. Not even 120, not 150 although 150 could be a zerg in a different context. I haven't paid so much attention to the C politics that I know all the guilds or all the political score. Can someone send me a brief Skype summary of what the largest zerg on the server is and which guilds.

important topics in Christian apologetics:
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 17:36

Eh I suppose. I don't know much about the politics this server either, but from what I can gather GLORY has a few buddies of their own, so it's not really fair to compare them by themselves to the teens in their entirety.

Kedart
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: E2 - [TILT]

Postby Kedart » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 18:00

While GLORY+ANIME might not be hostile with anyone, saying that we have buddies that could be useful in the grand scheme of things might be an overstatement. Because of how the 20s and 30s are right now, it's not likely that friends from either of those clusters would really be able to interfere in any lowers/teens politics or wars.

Maybe in the long(er) run when things settle down up there, but even then I think we are more likely to see the people we are neutral/friendly with just stand back and watch the fireworks rather than take sides. Or maybe the lowers and teens will just farm the 20s and 30s and leave each other alone temporarily, who knows.

Also, I forgot to throw MARS in with the rest of the 10's alliance, which brings their total up to 249 players - more than double GLORY+ANIME. With some of RED/EXIT relocating to teens and joining MARS, that number will only go more in favor of the 10s. And people were complaining that we pacted :roll:

Servers: P - BDSM | B2 - HIVE | C2 - ALL | D2 - DOGE | E2 - TILT | F2 - PPD | R - FRANK
Also known as Homura
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 20:08

Wlerin wrote:I haven't read all six pages of this thread, but if I recall correctly, didn't we agree a long time ago that ~100 players was the minimum threshold for zerging, below which it'd be ludicrous to accuse a guild of that despicable 'tactic'? And doesn't GLORY have 126? I mean, yeah the averages are snazzy, but that doesn't make you less of a hulking, fatty, disgusting behemoth.

Not that I care.

Granted having more than 100 doesn't automagically mean zerg, except it kinda does when none of your opponents have even close.

I always thought that zergs were when you reached about 175% of your opponents player amount.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Katsuchiyo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Katsuchiyo » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 22:10

Zerging is relative, if you're facing 1k people with 800 people you're not zergy. If you're facing 200 people with 800 people you're very zergy.

I don't care.
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 23:11

Katsuchiyo wrote:Zerging is relative, if you're facing 1k people with 800 people you're not zergy. If you're facing 200 people with 800 people you're very zergy.

quoted for truth.

at the start of the Anime/Glory vs RED conflict, the player counts were even, the fleet counts were close to even.

The fortunes of war favored Glory over RED so those numbers are no longer even now.

In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Addex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Bathing in the farms emotears

Postby Addex » Tue 06 Jan, 2015 23:12

Just because people pacts doesn't mean we gonna join together to gang up someone with twice their numbers.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Wed 07 Jan, 2015 05:27

Yes, yes, these arguments are sound and logical, but I propose a new standard. For maximum lul--I mean clarity, from now on any bloc of which SK is a member is automatically zerging. He zergs the forums with threads, so clearly he must be zerging in game too.

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Wed 07 Jan, 2015 07:04

Wlerin wrote:Yes, yes, these arguments are sound and logical, but I propose a new standard. For maximum lul--I mean clarity, from now on any bloc of which SK is a member is automatically zerging. He zergs the forums with threads, so clearly he must be zerging in game too.

That's the standard used in Andromeda right?

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Thu 08 Jan, 2015 06:46

It should be the standard everywhere.

Return to “Centauri”