Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A: Ni/MIN
O:ADHD/OFATE
Andro: MJ
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Stronghold Thread (NO SPIN ZONE!)

Postby JigokuShoujo » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 11:09

i like the sweet sweet stickiness of this thread.
no need to listen to those pooh poohing spin doctors,
who seem determined to destroy the purity of this thread,
trying to wash away the sweet sweet stickiness.

You make me violate you, no matter who you are!
Alpha and Omega. when in doubt i blame Grover.
JokeySmurf wrote:you guys i have a feeling you are not going to win against this one. Jig seems, Determined.
Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Baylor » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 18:26

It goes to show how strong and entrenched the culture (specifically borum-based culture) of insider baseball goes.

Not even in a serious thread, gets stickied.

Bones made the only serious thread.

Hey I guess if I had been friends with similar Alpha-era crew for years then I'd be more amenable to all these insider jokes and memes.

Let me be clear: I don't think 90%+ of the players care at all about "look at me, I'm an individual minor celebrity from Gamma-era" threads, and the worship of self that is implied.

important topics in Christian apologetics:
Highland Charge
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Highland Charge » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 18:29

Damn straight! Go back to Alpha, you old geezers!

Do I speak for my guild? No. Will that stop me from running my mouth? No.
hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: G: [PUB]
K: [quote]
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby hottie_parms » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 19:16

Balor wrote:Let me be clear: I don't think 90%+ of the players care at all about "look at me, I'm an individual minor celebrity from Gamma-era" threads, and the worship of self that is implied.
I don't know who you are, but you're kind of ridiculous. I'm not a minor celebrity from Gamma-era. I'm a minor celebrity from Kappa. That's the server I completely dominated before I got bored and quit. Get your facts straight.

As for the thread, as I already pointed out, no stronghold thread is accurate. Not for the next few weeks. All the love for bones and all, he'll do a decent job of staying up to date when needed. But for now, it's all wild speculation and none of it deserves a sticky yet.

Balor, you must be one of those new players who joined when they opened the V2 servers. So I guess you're not very well entrenched in forum culture here yet. But you have a lot to learn yet, so feel free to ask me advice.

Highland Charge
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Highland Charge » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 19:20

hottie_parms wrote:
Balor wrote:Let me be clear: I don't think 90%+ of the players care at all about "look at me, I'm an individual minor celebrity from Gamma-era" threads, and the worship of self that is implied.
I don't know who you are, but you're kind of ridiculous. I'm not a minor celebrity from Gamma-era. I'm a minor celebrity from Kappa. That's the server I completely dominated before I got bored and quit. Get your facts straight.

As for the thread, as I already pointed out, no stronghold thread is accurate. Not for the next few weeks. All the love for bones and all, he'll do a decent job of staying up to date when needed. But for now, it's all wild speculation and none of it deserves a sticky yet.

Balor, you must be one of those new players who joined when they opened the V2 servers. So I guess you're not very well entrenched in forum culture here yet. But you have a lot to learn yet, so feel free to ask me advice.

This must be a troll.

Do I speak for my guild? No. Will that stop me from running my mouth? No.
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 19:39

hottie_parms wrote: As for the thread, as I already pointed out, no stronghold thread is accurate. Not for the next few weeks. All the love for bones and all, he'll do a decent job of staying up to date when needed. But for now, it's all wild speculation and none of it deserves a sticky yet.
idk man, I tend to call it "Original Galaxy Claims" for a reason. I think it's a fun piece of history that shows who was fighting who in the early and for some most entertaining pasrt of the game. Wether it deserves a sticky I think is ridiculous either way since Bones Frequently updates his Stronghold thread with new information and I don't see why we wouldn't want to have that at the top of the forum page.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Chesterton
Global Moderator

Postby Chesterton » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 19:59

This thread is stickied (for now) because it was the most unique of the extant stronghold threads. At the time the others were carbon copies of each other.

parms, your reasoning is an interesting post-hoc justification of that decision, but sadly not the true reason for it. (And besides, I do not actually agree. SH threads are important even this early in the server, but it is not like any of them are in danger of falling off the first page.)

There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

Forum rules
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 20:15

Chesterton wrote:but it is not like any of them are in danger of falling off the first page
:/

Sad but true.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby SilverKnight » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 05:28

Especially since I promised not to start any new threads in Q P&W.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
JigokuShoujo
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A: Ni/MIN
O:ADHD/OFATE
Andro: MJ
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby JigokuShoujo » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 05:42

Balor wrote:It goes to show how strong and entrenched the culture (specifically borum-based culture) of insider baseball goes.

Not even in a serious thread, gets stickied.

Bones made the only serious thread.

Hey I guess if I had been friends with similar Alpha-era crew for years then I'd be more amenable to all these insider jokes and memes.

Let me be clear: I don't think 90%+ of the players care at all about "look at me, I'm an individual minor celebrity from Gamma-era" threads, and the worship of self that is implied.
wait...What?!? ROeffingFLMAO!!!!!
this, from the, like, #1 "look at me i'm an AE star" poster boy?

You make me violate you, no matter who you are!
Alpha and Omega. when in doubt i blame Grover.
JokeySmurf wrote:you guys i have a feeling you are not going to win against this one. Jig seems, Determined.
Sean Likes Pandas
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: D2-[DOGE] VGM & more.
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Sean Likes Pandas » Thu 26 Mar, 2015 00:12

Someone make battle report thread so I can entertain myself by watch people get rekt.

Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP

Postby Sarah-bunny » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 20:50

FrostyGoblin wrote: idk man, I tend to call it "Original Galaxy Claims" for a reason. I think it's a fun piece of history that shows who was fighting who in the early and for some most entertaining pasrt of the game.
I love game history. In the old days there was a wiki with entries for all the major battles, and all the top players (and also players who thought they were top players lol). It was a great way to learn about the early servers for people who joined years later to understand what happened and why different groups had the politics towards each other that they did.

I think that already by Juno (my first server start, which was also Balor's first start for those who don't know mid server history) the wiki was already almost dead. I think only two or three of the major battles were covered there.

Because of this a well kept stronghold thread is the only history that we get. And early galaxy claims show both the different pre-plans, as well as various pretenders and post-plan n00b guilds that almost never take off. With the pre-server scrumble for people, mutual spying, etc, its fun to see how things really did start on the server. A bad stronghold thread almost steals the memories of the server in a way.

I remember after the last crash on Fenix before Exar retired I was able to make two new bases. I was a 40s player and didn't have any bases in the actual XI stronghold, so I made two there. Scouted a bit and noticed a cool region with one system only and a RP2 and CraM2. After building the base I posted the location. Queue the memories. That had been where there was a back to back JG real early server and XI was there defensively being crashed. Should have lost but won anyway. Person after person posted about what they did in the crash... it was awesome. But I could also go to wiki and read about it as well. (And I'd argue that people reading the wiki that that helped them to "cement" the memories and more easily recall the crash later on).

I've had a lot of fun times with this game, but I'm sad about how much of it I just can't remember very well, even when talking with other people who were there. Just like pictures in RL, keeping good history keeps the memories alive better...

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game
FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
AstroZombie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Gaia [18]
Hydra [Hive]

Postby AstroZombie » Mon 30 Mar, 2015 05:17

Highland Charge wrote:
hottie_parms wrote:

This must be a troll.
ya think?
HP only plays for lulz
same with the forum.

every server, he is leading some group with only 10 people in it.
also he thinks every server should be named after him.
seriously pay attention to brand new servers, and you will begin to notice these things.
Im starting to think he is alicus's evil twin. except ali is an epic fail, and HP is at least slightly amusing.
speaking of which where is ali. man you know AE is dead when he doesn't show up during a brand new server.

also i think HP was in love on H but don't quote me on that.
If true then he at least has to be half decent at this game.
anyways point is never take anything HP says seriously.

Violence: If its not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it

~F:ex Trick/WoG H:ex Love/AFK I:ex OSHI/WL K:ex SoT/AFK² O:ex SUIT P:ex Royal G2: 18 H2: HIVE~
II Beelzebub II

Postby II Beelzebub II » Mon 30 Mar, 2015 10:18

RobbStark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby RobbStark » Wed 01 Apr, 2015 21:33

fail pic
(dont want two lemons)
Last edited by RobbStark on Wed 01 Apr, 2015 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

WINTER IS ..... cold?

Return to “Quantum”