4/22 - 2015 Truly a day to remember.

dreyone
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: 4/22 - 2015 Truly a day to remember.

Postby dreyone » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 19:12

Hmmm. I wonder why someone is still using the old layout..... lol :shhh:

I'm a dreidel.
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 20:05

Because Blue nova is *beep* disgusting to look at and Original skin is too old even for me.

#DarkAstrosMasterRace

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Cloud NiiNe
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: P: VoID
A2: RAWR
B2: ROMA
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Cloud NiiNe » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 20:05

dreyone wrote:Hmmm. I wonder why someone is still using the old layout..... lol :shhh:
Because there's no 3d models everywhere.

Active: P-VoID, A2-RAWR, B2-ROMA

Retired: O-OFACE, M-BURN/SA, N-some guild
dreyone
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby dreyone » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 20:15

Cloud NiiNe wrote:
dreyone wrote:Hmmm. I wonder why someone is still using the old layout..... lol :shhh:
Nope. I think you and I both know the real reason why, though. Too bad I can't talk about it on the forums.

I'm a dreidel.
PowerVerde
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: 42AO
H: LOVE
N: KING

Postby PowerVerde » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 20:28

Whatever the reason may be, that's the layout i like the most.
I guess one gets used to it and changes arent easy.

The old noob, not necessarily the oldest ;)
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby FrostyGoblin » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 20:49

dreyone wrote:
Cloud NiiNe wrote:
Nope. I think you and I both know the real reason why, though. Too bad I can't talk about it on the forums.
I know what you're insinuating, and trust me, i've posted the real reason here. The only other good skin was deleted, I don't remember what it was called but that was my prefered skin until it was removed for unknown reasons.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP

Postby Sarah-bunny » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 21:23

i don't like the way the astros look in the blue nova skins, and the AE original the yellow is too bright and hurts my eyes, so that leaves just the dark astros now

i also remember there being some other skin that also had the astros looking the same as dark astros. i used to use that one, i think, but i can't remember what it was called or when they got rid of it

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game
FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby FrostyGoblin » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 21:31

I checked Dev log and I think it was called Deep Space.

RIP Deep Space master race

Burgess
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Burgess » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 21:34

FrostyGoblin wrote:I checked Dev log and I think it was called Deep Space.

Deep Space was OP. Outleveled AE on every aspect. No wonder it got deleted.

dreyone
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby dreyone » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 21:52

I dont get why so many people say they hate the new layout. I think the new layout looks great. The interactive map is nice and I like all the new graphics they've added to the game despite them not serving any purpose other than cosmetic. I like how it looks.

My only pet peeve about the new design is the pop-up notifications thing. In theory, its actually very useful to have since it lets you know when your fleets are landing etc in case you forget about something (which is easy when you're trying to manage like 20 different fleets in 3 different galaxies). However it is implemented very poorly.

The thing I don't like about it is when I have multiple tabs open (aka every time I'm playing this game) watching different systems that my fleets are operating in, the notifications don't just pop up in one tab, they pop up in all of them, and when you click to close them in one tab it spams the server with requests telling it you closed them, and this gets updated on all of the tabs which triggers the rate limit and gives you an error 403 that can cost you your whole mobile fleet

I'm a dreidel.
SHoCK_WaVe
Guild: [WKYSB]
Galaxy: Nova

Postby SHoCK_WaVe » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 22:18

I guess it's about change. I've always turned off any cosmetic updates that AE acquired such as pop-up notifications and the interactive map. I've kept AE Original as my skin because that's what I've always used. I did use Deep Space for a bit, but switched back to the original cuz im super nostalgic.

Besides, Blue Nova is ugly as *beep* since it looks like it should be called Farmville in Space.

IGN: Dasa

[X.ORG]/[LOVE]/[Astro]/[WKYSB]/[VoID]/[OMG]/[Frank]
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby FrostyGoblin » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 22:43

dreyone wrote:I dont get why so many people say they hate the new layout. I think the new layout looks great. The interactive map is nice and I like all the new graphics they've added to the game despite them not serving any purpose other than cosmetic. I like how it looks.
It could possibly stem from that people think that the layout didn't need fixing after AE OG, Dark Astros, and Deep Space were made available. It felt like a complete waste of time and resources. (Why do we need 3D models of a ship we're never going to ever see? The game is numbers ffs.) Instead of listening to community suggestions or if they do listen they're poorly implemented.

Blue Nova feels like the monument of the oppressive regime leader towering over the marxist state, except instead of a starving populace it's the servers that can't handle people using it.
dreyone wrote:My only pet peeve about the new design is the pop-up notifications thing. In theory, its actually very useful to have since it lets you know when your fleets are landing etc in case you forget about something (which is easy when you're trying to manage like 20 different fleets in 3 different galaxies). However it is implemented very poorly.

The thing I don't like about it is when I have multiple tabs open (aka every time I'm playing this game) watching different systems that my fleets are operating in, the notifications don't just pop up in one tab, they pop up in all of them, and when you click to close them in one tab it spams the server with requests telling it you closed them, and this gets updated on all of the tabs which triggers the rate limit and gives you an error 403 that can cost you your whole mobile fleet
You can always just turn Notifications off.

Zanthus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Zanthus » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 05:08

dreyone wrote:
Cloud NiiNe wrote:
How about because blue looks bad, it shows less information on the base overview page, and adds unnecessary tabs on the structure and production page?

Bloody Caesar
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: various

Postby Bloody Caesar » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 05:13

I have terrible internet. So the default skin loads too slowly for my liking, especially in crashes.
And it's too freaken bright, like seriously.... this is space, not staring into a sun O_o space is mostly darkness.

Also Frosty, seriously, how did I get suid before you. No one even cares who I am.
I got suid a month or two ago on Bravo.

Some noob who's played for years and is still a noob :P
Ex various guilds/servers and actively inactive
SouthOnFir3
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: E2-TILT

Postby SouthOnFir3 » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 06:12

FrostyGoblin wrote:
#DarkAstrosMasterRace

This, Also lawl get rekt'd frosty.

fkabnk wrote: Oh boy, that's some addex level stuff right there.

Return to “Quantum”