Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Wlerin » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 15:40

Kedart wrote:People play to win,
Personally, I play (or used to play :( )to have fun, and the game stops being fun when there's no one left to fight on a regular basis. Of course, it also stops being fun if I have to check in every hour (for more than a few days) to make sure all my stuff is intact, so some balance between leaving people alive to fight, and killing the ones on your doorstep, has to be struck. It has been my general experience, however, that new-style guilds err much too far in the kill-or-pact-everyone direction.

Kedart
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: E2 - [TILT]

Postby Kedart » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 01:14

I have the most fun when I'm winning.
Whats left are the ones that say " I must win AE!!!!!". Really? Is it winning when you push a noob out of your little area of space. When you permafarm them into quitting? An entire guild against one player that is just learning the game ...i have to say that is mighty impressive. You definitely won AE there. You are super elite when you do that. You dont only win AE but you win the entire internet!
You do that because you have to. If I let Joe Newb develop a fleet in my stronghold, he is going to use it to hit my bases when I am away on ops. I could spend some time now farming him out of the game and have all my *beep* stay intact when I go to make war, or I could let him develop enough to become a nuisance. I can't recruit him, because he might be a spy and by recruiting too many players, especially new/bad players, you become prime target for other guilds looking for food.

Stronghold play is the most effective way to play the game. We don't get our jollies out of farming all the newbs out, we farm all the newbs out so that our guild (made up of good players) can stay competitive. If I leave all the pests in my stronghold alive, then I have to build turrets. If I'm building turrets, I'm not building eco or fleet. If I'm not building eco or fleet, I fall behind the rest of the server who is farming their newbs out and playing greedy with eco and fleet. If I fall behind the server, I get invaded and farmed and all my players quit and my guild dies.

It's a vicious cycle, but right now it is the way the game is played. You can be an idealist all you want and cry about how it's not fair to the newbs, but that's the way it is.

Servers: P - BDSM | B2 - HIVE | C2 - ALL | D2 - DOGE | E2 - TILT | F2 - PPD | R - FRANK
Also known as Homura
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 01:37

Kedart wrote:I have the most fun when I'm winning.
And I have the most fun winning by outsmarting a stronger opponent. In either case, the fun peters out after victory is achieved. If there's no one left worthy of fighting, then there's no winning left to be done, and no fun left to be had.

Bones09
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Bones09 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 08:07

FrostyGoblin wrote:
Balor wrote:I don't know this Mandalore guy (I skipped C2) but I know Irish likes how he rolls. Yea, nice Wall of Truth that I had to rep. The supersimmers, casual pros, kingpin types, many of us have always been among the most vocal and eloquent protesting in favor of reform.

Too many issues to name here. I could make a huge fact sheet about it. Ultimately I think many of the gamers and players (who are the financial lifeblood of astro brand) have concluded that AE has ruined the integrity of the game.
IIRC Mandy has been a nobody on this game before Andro where he got into xoxo leadership for doing things like KD assignment and I think he scheduled an OP or 2, I could be wrong it's been a while. He wasn't very caught up in Admin related stuff when taken in at first, but he learnt fast and was proactive. He later started on C2 with Sid and when Quake quit Sid got GM and when Sid quit Mandalore got GM.

He's aight, but he IS like the stereotypical american, so take that how you will. We gave some *beep* for it in xoxo.
Whoa... I organized the whole C10s gang and started it up. Quake was never in any position of power. :headshake:

It was apparent we would win the server so I quit. Mandy was cool and active so he took over.

Original creator of the C&S threads

In-Game Name: [Classified]

Return to “Quantum”