This Server is going to die because of power hungry people

BLACK WIDOW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Played: DEFGHIJKLMNOPQ AB A

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby BLACK WIDOW » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 19:52

Is it ok to hit and perm players that started at the same time or even before I started?

I am being told that I play in an unfair and 'mean' way because I choose the extra econ gained over fleet lost in perming. I also feel that hitting any enemy in my home galaxy is perfectly acceptable and ....well I do like to hit players who moan a lot.

Regarding all these 'auto features'...I pride myself in playing AE without any additional 'help'

Yes people are leaving AE, but for several reasons IMO:

1) Zerging and politics
2) Lots of cheaters (using multis and scripts seems to be the norm now. (when and how will that ever be sorted.))
3) Its an 0s and 1s game....great in its day...nuf said
4) Major rule changes need to be made to update the game which still basically runs on rules from when the game started.....Its an 'OK' game but its never been perfect.

This is just IMO of course....apart from the cheaters who use multis and scripts...we all know that goes on.

TheDanger

Postby TheDanger » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 20:16

Honestly I don't mind the long perms. It happens. You either disband or delete right now but that is a lot of work just flushed down the toilet. But something I wouldn't mind changing is how long you can occ someone. Nothing short like a week or so but maybe a month? and then they get released? Or maybe if the occing player grows like 10 or 15 levels above them then they get released? Allow them some time to recover defenses and then open them back up to hits. I think it would keep things interesting and allow lower level players in your guild the opportunity to maybe reclaim the occ and benefit it while also giving the previously occd person a chance to recover. I know in bravo I'm pretty hard pressed to find any good occ.'s that are not already perma occd.

Just food for thought.

BLACK WIDOW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Played: DEFGHIJKLMNOPQ AB A

Postby BLACK WIDOW » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 20:29

TheDanger wrote:Honestly I don't mind the long perms. It happens. You either disband or delete right now but that is a lot of work just flushed down the toilet. But something I wouldn't mind changing is how long you can occ someone. Nothing short like a week or so but maybe a month? and then they get released? Or maybe if the occing player grows like 10 or 15 levels above them then they get released? Allow them some time to recover defenses and then open them back up to hits. I think it would keep things interesting and allow lower level players in your guild the opportunity to maybe reclaim the occ and benefit it while also giving the previously occd person a chance to recover. I know in bravo I'm pretty hard pressed to find any good occ.'s that are not already perma occd.

Just food for thought.
There is something to be said for an automatic release of an oc after 1 month, and maybe the base becomes unhittable until its defences are fully recovered or something. However, this would further serve JG multi accounts. Maybe a solution would be that if a base did auto eject an occupier, it did so at the loss of ALL JGs on the base.

TheDanger

Postby TheDanger » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 21:17

BLACK WIDOW wrote: There is something to be said for an automatic release of an oc after 1 month, and maybe the base becomes unhittable until its defences are fully recovered or something. However, this would further serve JG multi accounts. Maybe a solution would be that if a base did auto eject an occupier, it did so at the loss of ALL JGs on the base.
Now that is an idea. gotta give up something for your freedom right?

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 22:21

Themis wrote:There is no rule against being annoying. Which is just as well or the forums would be a sadder and more lonely place.

So that's why I've been lemon free lately

I mentioned a few things about making it easier to de-occupy.

Problem is you still have to make effort of at least a minimal sort.

Back in Ancient AE, people had pride in fighting out from under occupation.There were guides specifically written on how to fight from under occupation.

These days --- I can do the occupation totally wrong, and still win, because the occupied are incapable of figuring out how to break an occupation.

This is not the big boys fault.
Last edited by SilverKnight on Wed 29 Apr, 2015 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
MeMyselfAndI

Postby MeMyselfAndI » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 22:25

TheDanger wrote:
BLACK WIDOW wrote: There is something to be said for an automatic release of an oc after 1 month, and maybe the base becomes unhittable until its defences are fully recovered or something. However, this would further serve JG multi accounts. Maybe a solution would be that if a base did auto eject an occupier, it did so at the loss of ALL JGs on the base.
Im all for giving up a little for freedom, but all your JG lvls might be a bit harsh.
Maybe more like 2-3 lvls

SHoCK_WaVe
Guild: [WKYSB]
Galaxy: Nova

Postby SHoCK_WaVe » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 00:29

SilverKnight wrote:
Themis wrote:There is no rule against being annoying. Which is just as well or the forums would be a sadder and more lonely place.

So that's why I've been lemon free lately

I mentioned a few things about making it easier to de-occupy.

Problem is you still have to make effort of at least a minimal sort.

Back in Ancient AE, people had pride in fighting out from under occupation.There were guides specifically written on how to fight from under occupation.

These days --- I can do the occupation totally wrong, and still win, because the occupied are incapable of figuring out how to break an occupation.

This is not the big boys fault.
Totally agree

All these kids whining because their occer wont leave 1 ft on their base for an easy break.

Seriously you idiots, learn to free yourself. Not the top guilds fault that all the farms are *beep* at the game.

IGN: Dasa

[X.ORG]/[LOVE]/[Astro]/[WKYSB]/[VoID]/[OMG]/[Frank]
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 01:18

I wrote a simplified version of the fighting from under occupation guide in my blog, publicly available.

You want to know how to break an occupation, read that guide, and find the better guides on the subject, and put the advice into practice.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
TheDanger

Postby TheDanger » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 01:19

SHoCK_WaVe wrote:
Totally agree

All these kids whining because their occer wont leave 1 ft on their base for an easy break.

Seriously you idiots, learn to free yourself. Not the top guilds fault that all the farms are *beep* at the game.
Well I in-fact do know how to free myself. I can que fighters and produce fleet to take it back all i want but it won't help when the occing player with 2000+ econ parks 60k of fleet above my base. I don't quit see how my base is a farm when my constant attacking only loses the occing player credits. The derbs that are made don't nearly cover the cost of occing me and the daily pillage is next to 0. And even tho they constantly lose credits they still reinforce the base every time I get anywhere close to freeing it. It doesn't benefit him in anyway. Neither does it me I know. But that type of playing is just bullying the player into disbanding the base and some players outright just tell players to quit the server.

Nvek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Hydra: [S.T]

Postby Nvek » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 02:10

The reason some players do that is because they don't want hostile JG's to pop up in their galaxy stronghold.

The problem is the strategy of guild galaxy strongholds, it's a sound strategy and if you don't employ it your guild will loose, at the same time though it can lead to players deleting which further diminishes the player base.

The second problem is the strategy of cluster strongholds, which developed as a logical consequence of the galaxy stronghold strategy, it's negative consequence is that it leads to a prolonged period of simming when opposition in the cluster has been defeated, which makes ppl bored and allso quit.

Alpha: [BORG]Nvek of Romulus Delta: [GRITS]Romulus (retired)Fenix: [RSE]Nvek of Romulus (retired) Quantum [ITS]Nvek of Romulus(retired) Drako: [FOX]Bill O'Reilly(retired) Hydra: [ST]Woof
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 03:14

In the ORIGINAL Galaxy SH, we had a guy fight off occupation for almost 3 months.

His continual fighting without ending earned him respect. That respect earned him his freedom. He was put on the DNH afterwards. He also did not participate in actions against that SH guild, honoring the DNH.

To give a small idea of just how much damage he threw down : I personally lost 23 dreadnoughts in one swipe because of that guy. (23 dreads occupying the guy is 230K, and you are whinging about 60K? *beep* please...)

dreyone
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby dreyone » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 03:46

lol i gotta love the denial and neverending supply of blind arrogance on these forums. This game has one of the worst communities of any game on the internet

Also lol @ how every review aggregation website on the internet gives this game terrible reviews

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.astroempires.com

tl;dr you guys suck, your game sucks, your community sucks, the developers suck, etc. most people who post reviews about this game say it sucks so majority of the internet agrees with me. totally done with this game. enjoy simming by yourselves guys

I'm a dreidel.
Cloud NiiNe
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: P: VoID
A2: RAWR
B2: ROMA
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Cloud NiiNe » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 06:40

SilverKnight wrote:In the ORIGINAL Galaxy SH, we had a guy fight off occupation for almost 3 months.

His continual fighting without ending earned him respect. That respect earned him his freedom. He was put on the DNH afterwards. He also did not participate in actions against that SH guild, honoring the DNH.

To give a small idea of just how much damage he threw down : I personally lost 23 dreadnoughts in one swipe because of that guy. (23 dreads occupying the guy is 230K, and you are whinging about 60K? *beep* please...)
hand from STRIP (I think it was called that at the time? ) on Omega knocked out 400k of my HCs in 1 hour of fighting over the derb pile on his occed base when OFACE invaded the 30s.

Active: P-VoID, A2-RAWR, B2-ROMA

Retired: O-OFACE, M-BURN/SA, N-some guild
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 07:04

MeMyselfAndI wrote:
TheDanger wrote:
Im all for giving up a little for freedom, but all your JG lvls might be a bit harsh.
Maybe more like 2-3 lvls
Or rather, you only go free after a month if the base has no JGs. If there are any JGs (or more than 1 level, or more than a number that increases with server age), the base remains occupied. Let the player make that decision.
TheDanger wrote:I don't quit see how my base is a farm when my constant attacking only loses the occing player credits. The derbs that are made don't nearly cover the cost of occing me and the daily pillage is next to 0. And even tho they constantly lose credits they still reinforce the base every time I get anywhere close to freeing it. It doesn't benefit him in anyway. Neither does it me I know. But that type of playing is just bullying the player into disbanding the base and some players outright just tell players to quit the server.
Being a farm has nothing to do with being profitable, everything to do with being occupied for long periods of time, unable to keep yourself free.

SouthOnFir3
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: E2-TILT

Postby SouthOnFir3 » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 08:45

SilverKnight wrote:I wrote a simplified version of the fighting from under occupation guide in my blog, publicly available.

You want to know how to break an occupation, read that guide, and find the better guides on the subject, and put the advice into practice.

Yes let's have all the new players take advice that from the guy that thinks ion frigs work the same as cruisers for base hits :wall:

@ OP you whine alot Whats your Battle.net Account number GOD HELP ME IF YOURE IN BRONZE I WILL die of laughter

fkabnk wrote: Oh boy, that's some addex level stuff right there.

Return to “Quantum”