This Server is going to die because of power hungry people

User avatar
Cloud NiiNe
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun 26 May, 2013 00:51
Reputation: 11
Guild: P: VoID
A2: RAWR
B2: ROMA
Galaxy: Pegasus

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Cloud NiiNe » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 20:40

dreyone wrote: I also won't delete my account after I quit (I know you guys love bragging about making people delete their accounts - what an achievement!) and will instead lower the account econ to 0 so that it is *completely* unfarmable, none of you will get so much as a single *beep* credit from occing my bases (assuming you even manage to find them all) and my guildmates will be able to continue using my jumpgates while you guys will be completely denied from claiming all my rocky astros. Those rockies will remain in my possession INDEFINITELY, long after I stop playing the game. None of you will ever be able to claim them and will be stuck with all the crappy craters and metallics instead.


I guess you haven't heard about UCs, unless your gonna dump around 32 dollars into AE we'll have your bases in around 2 months.

Active: P-VoID, A2-RAWR, B2-ROMA

Retired: O-OFACE, M-BURN/SA, N-some guild
User avatar
SHoCK_WaVe
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue 14 May, 2013 04:11
Reputation: 4
Guild: [WKYSB]
Galaxy: Nova

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby SHoCK_WaVe » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 21:06

dreyone wrote:lol i gotta love the denial and neverending supply of blind arrogance on these forums. This game has one of the worst communities of any game on the internet

Also lol @ how every review aggregation website on the internet gives this game terrible reviews

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.astroempires.com


Denial and arrogance? What? No one is denying the existence of simming, or galaxy and cluster stronghold strategies. No one is telling you that this game is perfectly perfect and there can't be anything wrong with it and that you are speaking blasphemy.

We just think that's the way the game is played, and we are totally fine with it. If you don't follow cluster SH strategies, then your guild will lose. You hate this game for your own reasons and I respect that, we acknowledge what you are talking about but we don't think the stuff you hate is all that bad. It's just how the game is played and we like it for what it is.

And those reviews you linked to? Only two or three pertain to the actual discussion we are having about SH strategies and perma occing. Most of them are really stupid complaints of suspension over shared I.P. (which is against the game rules and anyone complaining about this is just an idiot.) One of the reviews is even about a "cheater" being able to build 25 Battleships, and since he could only build 4, the other guy must have been cheating. Seriously? Aside for two or three of the reviews, the rest of them are made by people who have no idea how to play this game since they havnt been playing for very long...

dreyone wrote:tl;dr you guys suck, your game sucks, your community sucks, the developers suck, etc. most people who post reviews about this game say it sucks so majority of the internet agrees with me. totally done with this game. enjoy simming by yourselves guys


I can't think of any online game where at least some of these things don't apply. I play Dota and LoL... AE has a MUCH more respectable community than these games. Take in to consideration what I said above, and leave this *beep* game if you hate it so much. We *beep* like the game and we don't give a *beep* that the rest of the internet hates it. No one needs you're whiny rants on these forums.

And why the hell are you trying to make it seem that you are the "decider of good video games" and since you hate this game we should all feel bad and "change our ways" because you don't like it? We're not arguing with you about Astro Empires, we are arguing with you because you're such a self-entitled douche bag. You tell us to enjoy playing this game by ourselves because you wont be here anymore to grace us with your presence? Then please, the door is right there.

This thread needs to be locked like really soon™

IGN: Dasa

[X.ORG]/[LOVE]/[Astro]/[WKYSB]/[VoID]/[OMG]/[Frank]
User avatar
TrueJustice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue 01 Apr, 2008 19:36
Reputation: 13
Guild: I am a Legend ;)
Galaxy: Pegasus

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby TrueJustice » Fri 01 May, 2015 05:20

SHoCK_WaVe wrote:
dreyone wrote:lol i gotta love the denial and neverending supply of blind arrogance on these forums. This game has one of the worst communities of any game on the internet

Also lol @ how every review aggregation website on the internet gives this game terrible reviews

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.astroempires.com


Denial and arrogance? What? No one is denying the existence of simming, or galaxy and cluster stronghold strategies. No one is telling you that this game is perfectly perfect and there can't be anything wrong with it and that you are speaking blasphemy.

We just think that's the way the game is played, and we are totally fine with it. If you don't follow cluster SH strategies, then your guild will lose. You hate this game for your own reasons and I respect that, we acknowledge what you are talking about but we don't think the stuff you hate is all that bad. It's just how the game is played and we like it for what it is.

And those reviews you linked to? Only two or three pertain to the actual discussion we are having about SH strategies and perma occing. Most of them are really stupid complaints of suspension over shared I.P. (which is against the game rules and anyone complaining about this is just an idiot.) One of the reviews is even about a "cheater" being able to build 25 Battleships, and since he could only build 4, the other guy must have been cheating. Seriously? Aside for two or three of the reviews, the rest of them are made by people who have no idea how to play this game since they havnt been playing for very long...

dreyone wrote:tl;dr you guys suck, your game sucks, your community sucks, the developers suck, etc. most people who post reviews about this game say it sucks so majority of the internet agrees with me. totally done with this game. enjoy simming by yourselves guys


I can't think of any online game where at least some of these things don't apply. I play Dota and LoL... AE has a MUCH more respectable community than these games. Take in to consideration what I said above, and leave this *beep* game if you hate it so much. We *beep* like the game and we don't give a *beep* that the rest of the internet hates it. No one needs you're whiny rants on these forums.

And why the hell are you trying to make it seem that you are the "decider of good video games" and since you hate this game we should all feel bad and "change our ways" because you don't like it? We're not arguing with you about Astro Empires, we are arguing with you because you're such a self-entitled douche bag. You tell us to enjoy playing this game by ourselves because you wont be here anymore to grace us with your presence? Then please, the door is right there.

This thread needs to be locked like really soon™



+1 rep

Let's clean this crap up
User avatar
TrueJustice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue 01 Apr, 2008 19:36
Reputation: 13
Guild: I am a Legend ;)
Galaxy: Pegasus

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby TrueJustice » Fri 01 May, 2015 05:24

Spread the love of Jesus to everyone, live like Jesus and have ever lasting life. :whisle:

Let's clean this crap up
User avatar
Themis
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun 05 Sep, 2010 13:54
Reputation: 161

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Themis » Fri 01 May, 2015 09:12

so few words, so many posts :nonono
Come on guys - death to double posting

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!
Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 19:21
Reputation: 106

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Baylor » Fri 01 May, 2015 15:32

TrueJustice wrote:Spread the love of Jesus to everyone, live like Jesus and have ever lasting life. :whisle:


Yes but a criticism could be, those words aren't going to mean anything to people on the outside who don't already get 'it.'

I think it's funny that people are still raging over: perma occs, ZFs, blob ZFs, losing the server, Royal winning so many servers. Yea it's been like that for years, time to get over it.

important topics in Christian apologetics:
User avatar
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2773
Joined: Wed 20 Mar, 2013 19:18
Reputation: 171
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby FrostyGoblin » Fri 01 May, 2015 20:31

The real crime is people whining about dropping tag to plunder trades.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Burgess
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon 06 May, 2013 13:05
Reputation: 41

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Burgess » Fri 01 May, 2015 21:09

FrostyGoblin wrote:The real crime is people whining about dropping tag to plunder trades.

Cheater

User avatar
Kurgan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat 11 Feb, 2012 05:23
Reputation: 9
Guild: J: 1st
M: ~HH~
N: King
Q: Saint
Galaxy: Juno

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Kurgan » Fri 01 May, 2015 22:21

diplomacy hurts more than anything.

In RL, treaties are a good thing. You don't wanna kill womenz and kids. Or destroy structures that have stood for hundreds of years. Etc.

But this ain't real. No one dies when a fleet gets smashed.

Pacts are a waste of time and boring. Not everyone lives on Skype. :wall:

They say hard work never killed anybody.
FALSE Hard work kills people every day!
Burgess
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon 06 May, 2013 13:05
Reputation: 41

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Burgess » Fri 01 May, 2015 22:36

Kurgan wrote:diplomacy hurts more than anything.

In RL, treaties are a good thing. You don't wanna kill womenz and kids. Or destroy structures that have stood for hundreds of years. Etc.

But this ain't real. No one dies when a fleet gets smashed.

Pacts are a waste of time and boring. Not everyone lives on Skype. :wall:

Truth right there.

User avatar
Igor
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri 17 Aug, 2012 22:45
Reputation: 30
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Igor » Sat 02 May, 2015 00:54

Kurgan wrote:diplomacy hurts more than anything.

In RL, treaties are a good thing. You don't wanna kill womenz and kids. Or destroy structures that have stood for hundreds of years. Etc.

But this ain't real. No one dies when a fleet gets smashed.

Pacts are a waste of time and boring. Not everyone lives on Skype. :wall:

I face some things said here ironically :paranoid:
But ye, pacts in AE are boring.

I'm sorry, English isn't my first language.
B R A Z I L
swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1090
Joined: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:00
Reputation: 76

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby swearengen » Sat 02 May, 2015 03:33

Balor wrote:
TrueJustice wrote:Spread the love of Jesus to everyone, live like Jesus and have ever lasting life. :whisle:


Yes but a criticism could be, those words aren't going to mean anything to people on the outside who don't already get 'it.'

I think it's funny that people are still raging over: perma occs, ZFs, blob ZFs, losing the server, Royal winning so many servers. Yea it's been like that for years, time to get over it.



i know right
after all that something to be proud of in real life lmao

reethok
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun 31 Mar, 2013 22:15
Reputation: 3

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby reethok » Sun 03 May, 2015 11:57

Nah bro its not going to die, it is allready dead.

dreyone wrote:
FrostyGoblin wrote:I would do terribly as I have little micro, but that's besides the point.

I would indeed argue that taking easily acquirable resources makes me a better player. Only an idiot would go for the mineral expansion next to the enemy base instead of the natural expand, no?


Sure, except in Starcraft both players are guaranteed to start off on equal footing, and both have a fair chance at stopping each other from going for that natural (or blowing it up after they do). In this game, it's a little bit different...


Your mistake is thinking you are player 2. No, you are minerals, or vespene gas if you like to build in cristaline planets.

A better analogy would be DOTA. Saint/TOONS/OMG/etc guilds are each a player of a team (coallition of guilds), while you are the creep we farm to level up.

User avatar
TheMandalore
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri 06 Mar, 2015 21:00
Reputation: 1
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby TheMandalore » Sun 03 May, 2015 19:38

The reason we have to perm occ the casuals/randoms/noobies is simple.

We are not competing against you.

We are however, competing against the other top players.

We need credits for that. As many credits as possible, as quickly as possible. And we need to manage our credits efficiently. We cannot afford to build our super huge mobiles and defences at the same time.

So simple solution, anything and everything that lives near you needs to die. This gives us the credits we need to stay competitive, while at the same time eliminating the risk of being attacked regularly.

Does this style of play ruin the game?

Absolutely.

And it will continue to ruin the game until the last server opens.

The devs have had a decade to fix/improve the game. The "Big Bad Guy Rank Simmers who are always on top"; Have been some of the most vocal over the years asking for a change.

We begged them to stop letting us ruin the game, but they denied our pleas.

So, unfortunately, we are forced to continue playing this way, because if "my group" doesnt, then we will get rekt by the group that still does.

Cant blame players who play the game as it is.

The blame falls on the devs for not stopping us.

Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 19:21
Reputation: 106

Re: This Server is going to die because of power hungry peop

Postby Baylor » Sun 03 May, 2015 19:58

I don't know this Mandalore guy (I skipped C2) but I know Irish likes how he rolls. Yea, nice Wall of Truth that I had to rep. The supersimmers, casual pros, kingpin types, many of us have always been among the most vocal and eloquent protesting in favor of reform.

Too many issues to name here. I could make a huge fact sheet about it. Ultimately I think many of the gamers and players (who are the financial lifeblood of astro brand) have concluded that AE has ruined the integrity of the game.

important topics in Christian apologetics:

Return to “Quantum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests